T3 Cycle Questions

So this time last year I had my thyroid totally removed due to 2 nodules that were biopsied and came back suspicious. After the thyroid was removed the final biopsy came back negative luckily. So currently I’m taking 250mcg of levothyroxine daily and 500mcg on Sundays.

I’m interested in what you guys think regarding a long term t3 cycle. I’ve read a few threads that have suggested a low dose of 12.5mg of t3 over several months with no ill effects to the thyroid. My question is with my thyroid totally gone what dose would be beneficial without eating away at muscle? Should I run the 12.5 or try to up it? This is all without aas.

Your thyroid levels control your basic metabolic rate. Don’t thing that messing with this is a good thing.

For starters: please read the thyroid basics sticky. You will see that fT3 controls your basic metabolic rate. To see if your dose is adequate, take waking and mid afternoon body temperatures as per the sticky. Body temperature can be a dosing guide. Note that when people take Rx T4, the ability to convert to T3 is variable and some do poorly on T4 alone as they do not convert T4–>t3 very well in peripheral tissues. As a rule most docs do not understand the basics of thyroid function or diagnosis.

You may need to read ‘advice for new guys’ to get some of the concepts and linguo

You should sue those %@^&&&$ doctors!!! There should have first been an extensive needle biopsy done to detect abnormal cells. I sat in an watched one been done and they took a long time getting tissues from all interesting areas.

I know what your getting into. I’ve done a few long term cycles in the past before the biopsies. I had 3 needle biopsies done and all came back suspicious. Then they did this “special” biopsy and sent it off to some big fancy lab in California which has an 80% accuracy rate. That too came back suspicious. So I had it removed and when it went to the pathologist it came back negative. I lived like 6 months thinking I had cancer. It was terrible. I’ve read a few threads on long term low dose t3 cycles. I was just wondering with my condition of that was a better idea than raising and lowering my intake. I’m not happy with my endo so I’m currently searching bit I can’t handle feeling like death everyday and relying on caffeine because he feels my t4 t3 and tsh are within done hypothetical guide line.

Repeat:
For starters: please read the thyroid basics sticky. You will see that fT3 controls your basic metabolic rate. To see if your dose is adequate, take waking and mid afternoon body temperatures as per the sticky. Body temperature can be a dosing guide. Note that when people take Rx T4, the ability to convert to T3 is variable and some do poorly on T4 alone as they do not convert T4–>t3 very well in peripheral tissues. As a rule most docs do not understand the basics of thyroid function or diagnosis.

You may need to read ‘advice for new guys’ to get some of the concepts and linguo