T to E ratio

Can somebody explain this ?
And what are the units in ?

I just read Jon jones tested for a T - E ratio of 0.29 to 1

Thanks

Can’t respond to that. Ratios depend on units, you have not provided much info.

TT and FT at high end with E2 near 22 pg/ml is a good place to be.

What we are interested in is balance of FT and E2. Because different labs have vastly different ranges for FT, it does not make sense to generalize FT:E2

If one had TT=1000 and E2=22 the ratio would be 1000:22

We really don’t concern ourselves with T:E2 ratios here other than to point out that one is estrogen dominant when E2 is not low and T is.

A ratio based on molar concentrations might be useful, but is really not done. If you get the suggested target levels, then you don’t have any reason to be seeking a ratio. One could have a good ratio and have low T levels.

The ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone is a indication of the use of exogenous test. If this ratio is above 4:1, then further testing will be done to determine if doping has occurred. 0.29:1 is actually very low and maybe hints at overtraining. As a point of comparison, when Overeem was bounced a few years ago, his t:e ratio was 14:1!

[quote]Fat Boy 33 wrote:
The ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone is a indication of the use of exogenous test. If this ratio is above 4:1, then further testing will be done to determine if doping has occurred. 0.29:1 is actually very low and maybe hints at overtraining. As a point of comparison, when Overeem was bounced a few years ago, his t:e ratio was 14:1![/quote]

Ok, thanks…
I’d bet most of these guys in MMA who are clean are overtrained, matter of fact IMO most who push hard in the gym 5 days a week are also overtrained it’s a fine line to walk

1:1, I believe is an average. This leads me to think that 4:1 leaves a fighter a window to cheat imo. But yeah, between dieting down, training, mental stress to perform well, runs these guys’ endocrine systems way down.

Here is the lab result.

The first test. Could the low levels
Of T and E be suppression from
Coming off a cycle?

How does somebody get their mitts on this test ?
Thanks for posting…

There’s always room to cheat, it’s just a matter of degrees. Keep in mind that a 4:1 t/e ratio isn’t magic. Many people are higher than that and completely clean. Others are on test. and under it. 4:1 is just the point where they do further tests. It used to be 6:1.

This is definitely not in the realm if TRT. Wrong forum?

[quote]KSman wrote:
This is definitely not in the realm if TRT. Wrong forum?[/quote]

Just a discussion…

[quote]Fat Boy 33 wrote:
There’s always room to cheat, it’s just a matter of degrees. Keep in mind that a 4:1 t/e ratio isn’t magic. Many people are higher than that and completely clean. Others are on test. and under it. 4:1 is just the point where they do further tests. It used to be 6:1.[/quote]

word is maybe he was injecting epitestosterone to mask PED use… since only elevated number are flagged… I personally think he was just overtrained.

JJ , just passed further testing. Maybe just suffers from some mild low T or IMO - trains like a MOFO