T Slightly Above Normal, No Treatment?

So I have been seeing an endocrinologist for 6 months and test low of free t, shbg, and thyroid stimulating hormone. They put me on levothyroxine and after 30 days my thyroid was dialed in. I’m about 24 years old, 5’ 11", and at 215lbs and weighed the same for about 8-9 years.

My BMI is obese and I wanna dial it in to the normal range. I had worked out for 2 years, dieting, exercising and swimming every day of the week usually 5 miles of running. I also thought I had gynocomastia since they look just like it. However all it is, is fat. Almost 5% breast tissue on both sides. My nipples are puffy and my chest is most definitely not epically masculine.

So for the past 5 months I had been testing low on throyid, free t, and low shbg. On the 6th month mile thyroid’s back to normal. They didn’t test T3, T4. Only TSH, isn’t that the incorrect way to test the thyroid? They said TSH is sufficient. All my other tests are all normal including total T levels and tested normal for 5 months. My free active T is at 334 from 292. The range they say is normal is 300-1000. I’m sitting at 334 and experiencing all the low T side effects.

I’m miserable! The doctors said I’m completely healthy and they won’t treat anything. My T is low. I wanna be up in the 500+ range. So I’m waiting on a response to see if they’d recommend HCG to boost my natural levels rather than inject T and screw up my system.

What I want to know is what works good at suppressing feminine hormones and reducing boob fat deposits? There’s almost no tissue but they stick out and my nipples are big and puffy. So I think I need to lose the fat and there won’t be gynocomastia present, hopefully. I don’t wanna get on HCG and grow bigger breasts. So if they don’t wanna put me on HCG, would that be right?

I am going throw all the symptoms of someone with low t and they don’t wanna help. I just need to know what you guy’s think of HCG in relation to my situation and what Aromatase Inhibitor or anti-estrogen medications works great to get my manly features back and reduce my already “tested normal estradiol range”. I want to reduce my body fat and reduce my chest fat.

By the way from 2009-2011 I worked as a life guard. So I was trying to look my best so I was swimming 100 laps a day and running about 5 miles as well. I would take the usual time off to rest my muscles then I’d go again. In an attempt to lose body fat and reduce my boob fat, I would bench press about 100 lbs. 200 repetitions continuous with no break and taking my time by holding the bar up for up to 20 seconds to rest then I would continue.

I did that for 2 years while also getting a ton of cardio and heavy high intensity sprinting. I would curl a 20 lb weight while walking around the track 2 miles, getting in about 250-300 reps per arm.

After doing all that I didn’t lose a pound. I gained strength, stamina, and energy but my body didn’t change at all! I mean yeah my muscles were pumped up all the time. I didn’t lose the body fat.

On one last note my Free T went up after stopping masturbation for 10 days prior to the test.

Thank you guy’s!

What is your E2 level? can’t treat without that.

What is your TSH on treatment? Yes you need T3, T4, and Reverse T3 (at least the first two).

Your workout routine is absolutely terrible.

If a doctor isnt going to treat you with test, there is almost zero chance he is going to treat you with HCG.

I just typed a lot and I clicked submit and nothing happened! damn that sucks. Gotta type it all over again!

So is the t2 in regards to thyroid function?

In regards to my work out. I can agree I could use professional guidance to maximize and optimize my weight loss.

Ideally I wanna get my BMI to the healthy range. That’s my primary concern. I also need to get rid of my chest fat since it’s hella unattractive.

I’ve heard high normal range bio-available testosterone can solve all my problems. I wanna lose my chest and hip/ stomach fat and get rid of the fat so the muscles I have will be way more noticeable.

I’ll post my test results to this post today as soon as I can.

THANKS BUD!

Need to see you lab results, but from what you are saying I would bet that
your E2 is very high. You should read the sticky about Estrodial.
If its high, it will make it very hard to lose any body fat and will bind your available
testosterone. I would also bet that you have (like most people) low vitamin D.
What is your diet like ?

-==-[PICS ON THIS POST]-==-

I take an advanced multi vitamin with Vitamin D @ 400 IU (as Cholecalciferol).

I suppose there’s no chance you could link me to this sticky you speak of? I’m very new to these forums.

My diet consisted of on ocassion salads and tons of fruits and raw broccoli, garlic cloves raw, and raw onions. I do eat a lot of meat as well. What I do drink a lot of is water. I drink usually 7 gallons of distilled water per week and it keeps me feeling really good. My tap gets me really sick, and I didn’t like culligan water at all. Distilled is pure and tastes so damn amazing!

So I’m really drinking 28 gallons a month of water. The other main reason why I drink so much water is I was seen to be heavily dehydrated on blood tests. So I started to drink a lot more water and I feel a hell of a lot better. I’ve been drink that much for about a year now.

Here are my most recent blood test results. These results concluded that there was absolutely nothing wrong with me other than high BMI. However according to the side of effects of low testosterone. I experience all of the side of effects of someone low on T.

THIS IS OLDER TEST RESULTS

the results didn’t post (probably blocked at work for some reason)

please read through all of the threads ‘stuck’ at the top of this forum. tons of great information there.

plus please go read The Controversy of T4-only meds like Synthroid, Levothyroxine, etc. - Stop The Thyroid Madness and all of the links of the left of that page. TSH only is a fallacle.

The picture links to .jpg images seem to work fine on my end. If your on firefox, try to right click to “view image”.

Your right about the thyroid testing. What do you think I should do? See another doctor? I asked him specifically about the additional testing that is required to accurately dial in the thyroid’s condition. He thought as though TSH alone was perfectly sufficient. I suppose you can’t argue with your doctor.

The only other thing I can do is post the images in a rar over mediafire for direct download. That is if you feel it 100% necessary.

Anyway cool man later dude thanks.

[quote]chris189 wrote:
I suppose you can’t argue with your doctor.
[/quote]

uhmmmm… yes. yes you can. You are the customer. You are paying him. Is this his body/his life, or yours?

Do you ask your mechanic questions? Do you push back if you disagree with something they say?

Doctors are not GODs. They have limited knowledge, limited time, and limited interest in truly digging into any complex issues. You have to be your own champion.

more than likely you will need to find a new doc because if he insists that TSH is enough then no amount of arguing is going to help.

[quote]PureChance wrote:

[quote]chris189 wrote:
I suppose you can’t argue with your doctor.
[/quote]

uhmmmm… yes. yes you can. You are the customer. You are paying him. Is this his body/his life, or yours?

Do you ask your mechanic questions? Do you push back if you disagree with something they say?

Doctors are not GODs. They have limited knowledge, limited time, and limited interest in truly digging into any complex issues. You have to be your own champion.

more than likely you will need to find a new doc because if he insists that TSH is enough then no amount of arguing is going to help.[/quote]

Oh yeah definitely man. I’m no idiot when it comes to the inner workings of the endocrine system so I always speak my mind. Same applies to all things automotive.

I suppose I will call them today and schedule a new appointment with a new endocrinologist. By the way when I started, I was seeing a very elderly doctor who I felt was stuck in his old ways. Now to come to think of it, he may of helped me more than my latest doctor who is much younger. Who by the way doesn’t make the calls. He has to speak to other doctors above him to approve anything he does. Should I go see my old doctor again, or a new one all together? What age would you think would be ideal, and male or female?

THANKS MAN, Later.

Here is the E2 sticky:

I don’t see an E2 on your tests, my doc always questions me when I ask for it and begrudgingly orders it.
Your test is very low, but at your age there must be a reason. Most docs will just tell you that you are within range and refuse to treat you (with HRT) because of your age; but will not take the time to figure out
why your test is so low. It is difficult to find a doctor that will take the time to really figure it out, mine didn’t and just went with HRT, but I am 43.

If you read through the forum you will find the “you are within range and I won’t treat you” theme again and again. Its up to you to find a Dr. that will take the time to figure out what your true issue is. I think the poster that is replying above PURE CHANCE went through hell and back to finally get the treatment that he needed, there are many others and you aren’t alone.

As to your supplements, most people deficient of Vit D need 10-15,000 iu a day, and I have read many accounts of that kind of supplementation bringing test levels up significantly. Another most here take religiously is fish oil.

Probably the most effective way to cut body fat is low carb dieting, but I would still bet that your E2 is very high and needs to be addressed before you see significant body composition changes.
Good Luck.

Cool man I appreciate it. I made a new appointment with a new doctor so that’s on March 2nd at a new clinic and not at the hospital. Hopefully he can help me.

By the way i had been masturbating for the all the tests that were low. Then I stopped for 10 days for the test. That’s when it went up quite a bit. I think masturbating every week once effects T levels. I’d have to test several times but I’d guess If I didn’t stop and got my blood tests it would be low again. That’s really weird it’s so low with my being 24 right? The doctors say masturbation doesn’t effect the levels but now he’s telling me to stop masturbating because of these new results.

Unusual huh?

Haaa…Sex, even spanking your monkey stimulates your body to produce more test, not less.
At any rate, the 290-320 range is crazy low for someone that is 24.
Good for you in finding a new Dr. and figuring out your true issue.

Definitely need to fight the doc’s. I’ve been treated for a year and a half now and those first 6-months my treatment was pretty wack. I started with one doctor, got tired of her treatment and responses, went to another and got sick of his ineptitude, and finally the 3rd doctor group I went to had a clue.

Based on what I read I think Low-T is really something that is just now starting to get attention on a larger scale in the medical community and not everybody knows how to treat it correctly. If your doctor can’t help, find another, and another until you get where you need to be.

Edit: Definitely find out your Estrogen levels! I was treated on just Test for the first 6 months and I felt great at first but started to be symptomatic again. The 2nd doc told me I don’t need an Estrogen blocker but everything I read and how I felt led me to believe I did and he wouldn’t even test me E2. Finally had to go to this Low-T clinic and they run everything and found that my E2 was ridiculous, 45dcl’s or something. They put me on Anastrozol right away and I feel pretty damn good now.

[quote]PKNY wrote:
Haaa…Sex, even spanking your monkey stimulates your body to produce more test, not less.
At any rate, the 290-320 range is crazy low for someone that is 24.
Good for you in finding a new Dr. and figuring out your true issue.

[/quote]

Not sure how true this is but I read somewhat the opposite. For me it seems to be true, the more sex I have the more worn out I feel.

One other thing I thought of for you.
You said hat you were running 5 miles and swimming 100 laps etc.
This alone can bring your test way down.
Your body will metabolize muscle as a way to lighten the load that is being carried, and it will preserve fat
as a last source of fuel. IF you are burning that many calories you can easily being putting yourself into starvation mode, and pushing your body to be “skinny fat.”

Think about the physique of the average guy that runs 5-15 miles per week…tone but probably skinny fat.
Guys that run longer and marathon type distance look emaciated.
Now, think about the physique of a sprinter. Most have size and are freakin shredded.

That’s interesting. Yeah I’m a pretty big guy and when I say running. I mean a light pace above walking but it’s a slow light jog. I could jog only 2 miles before having to walk, then I’d jog and walk on and off up to the 5+ miles. Then I’d so some 1/12 miles sprints. I did this on a track that covered a mile in 3 laps and it was shaped with longer straights and shorter turns.

I would sprint full out down 1 side of the track and I’d walk around to the next part and sprint that. I would do that until I reached 1 mile. Me and a friend took our speed when running I ran like 24 miles per hour in only 50 feet or so. He could only run 19 miles per hour.

Your right though about physique and the type of exercises being done. My primary concern was to lose fat and retain the same amount of muscle just tone it up. I’d like to be about 180lbs. I have a BMI of 32 so I really need to dial that in to the normal healthy weight range.

thanks

Wow thanks guy’s I really appreciate it. I’m going to push for the I have irrectial dysfunction and see where it takes me. That and if possible get my e2 readings. Maybe they will put me on an ai and injections.

What should I tell them how I feel to get the right response? Any ideas? I feel like they aren’t super understand of how I feel and base their opinions off the numbers and not me.