T-Ron's Muscle Makeover

My name is Ron, but the guys at work call me T-man.
I know that name is taken but that’s what I’m called. Half of the guys would call me Tall Man because I’m 6’3". The other half called me Turtle Man because I move so slowly. So T-Man was born.
Truth is I’m really very athletic and I play basketball well, it’s just at work I go by the credo taught to me by a wise old man on my home island Barbados:
“Taking your time isn’t laziness”
So I’m a T-Man in more ways than one, but I’ll go by the name T-Ron because Mr. T is also taken.

Although I’ve known about T-Nation for years this is my first time actually participating in the forum. The reason why I decided to post is because I’m finally going to start working out and do a total muscle gaining makeover. I believe you guys are the best group to help me along as I share my experience. Not only are you some of the most knowledgeable guys out there, but I know that here I can get the brutal, honest truth and feedback from the wide range of members in their respective fields of expertise.

The reason I say finally going to start is because in the last 4 to 5 years I’ve hardly touched a barbell other than to demonstrate an exercise to a client. That’s right, I’m a personal trainer. I’m a personal trainer that doesn’t work out himself. What makes it worse is that I’m a poster boy for Ectomorphism. I’m 6’3" tall and I weigh 158 lbs soaking wet. Oh yeah, here’s the best part: I’m also a vegetarian!

If you’re still reading that means you haven’t moved to another post in disgust, or you’ve picked yourself up off the floor where you were rolling around laughing. I want you to stay with me as I go through my transformation. I’ll be posting pics. and keeping a training and diet log so you can give advice and encouragement. Hopefully I will be successful enough to also inspire other skinny guys.

I put together a program based on Westside Barbell stuff, and some other articles I found here, along with Berardi’s and Mejia’s Scrawny to Brawny. I also put together a diet plan based on Berardi’s Massive Eating principles and other stuff I researched, making the best adjustments I could to suit my vegetarian diet. Don’t worry, I’m staying far away from Soy products and I started eating eggs again.
So stay tuned for the developments.
T-Ron.

Welcom to the forum T-Ron. Looks like you’ve done your homework, that’s good. Now it’s time to quit reading and start working!! :slight_smile:

Good luck and keep us posted on the details.

[quote]T_Ron2006 wrote:
My name is Ron, but the guys at work call me T-man.
I know that name is taken but that’s what I’m called. Half of the guys would call me Tall Man because I’m 6’3". The other half called me Turtle Man because I move so slowly. So T-Man was born.
Truth is I’m really very athletic and I play basketball well, it’s just at work I go by the credo taught to me by a wise old man on my home island Barbados:
“Taking your time isn’t laziness”
So I’m a T-Man in more ways than one, but I’ll go by the name T-Ron because Mr. T is also taken.

Although I’ve known about T-Nation for years this is my first time actually participating in the forum. The reason why I decided to post is because I’m finally going to start working out and do a total muscle gaining makeover. I believe you guys are the best group to help me along as I share my experience. Not only are you some of the most knowledgeable guys out there, but I know that here I can get the brutal, honest truth and feedback from the wide range of members in their respective fields of expertise.

The reason I say finally going to start is because in the last 4 to 5 years I’ve hardly touched a barbell other than to demonstrate an exercise to a client. That’s right, I’m a personal trainer. I’m a personal trainer that doesn’t work out himself. What makes it worse is that I’m a poster boy for Ectomorphism. I’m 6’3" tall and I weigh 158 lbs soaking wet. Oh yeah, here’s the best part: I’m also a vegetarian!

If you’re still reading that means you haven’t moved to another post in disgust, or you’ve picked yourself up off the floor where you were rolling around laughing. I want you to stay with me as I go through my transformation. I’ll be posting pics. and keeping a training and diet log so you can give advice and encouragement. Hopefully I will be successful enough to also inspire other skinny guys.

I put together a program based on Westside Barbell stuff, and some other articles I found here, along with Berardi’s and Mejia’s Scrawny to Brawny. I also put together a diet plan based on Berardi’s Massive Eating principles and other stuff I researched, making the best adjustments I could to suit my vegetarian diet. Don’t worry, I’m staying far away from Soy products and I started eating eggs again.
So stay tuned for the developments.
T-Ron.
[/quote]

Well done, you’ve taken your first step; and it’s nice to see someone say something oonstructive with their first post. Not some fucking n00b asking how they can look like Brad pitt.

Good luck!!

[quote]alstan90 wrote:
Well done, you’ve taken your first step; and it’s nice to see someone say something oonstructive with their first post. Not some fucking n00b asking how they can look like Brad pitt.

Good luck!![/quote]

Ahmm …uhmm …I …ummm …well actually.
My next question was going to be:
How can I look like Brad Pitt?

I’m joking!

Besides, Brad is looking a little too bulky in his later movies like Troy. I liked when he was more cut in movies like Fight Club. Back then…

I’m joking!

Really, I’m not trying to be a clown. It’s just that since I made my first post I’ve been going through lots of the other threads on this forum, and I remember Brad Pitt coming up in a topic about favorite celebrity physiques and the discussions that arose.

Going through the different posts in this forum and your early response and encouragement to my first post (…and I want to say thanks to you guys for taking the time to wish me good luck); made me realize that my journals here will be even more beneficial to my progress than I thought originally. It’s a real inspiration to see the stuff that goes on here. I was up the entire night reading through the entries. I like the dedication shown, especially El_animal’s posts of his workout and diet log. That’s some sweet stuff.

Anyway, I’m almost ready. The program is ready. I have most of the things on my grocery list already. As far as supplements go I’m going to use Surge, Grow!, Metabolic Drive, creatine, glutamine, and some aminos, along with my usual multi-vitamins. I’ll also use a weight gain powder on select days.

I took some starting pics. but I cant transfer them at home, so my girlfriend is going to take the camera to work, upload them there, and e-mail them back to me; so you’ll see them in my next post.

Here are my starting measurements:
9th 0f May 2006.

Height: 6’3"
Weight: 158lbs
Neck: 15"
Shoulders: 42"
Chest: 37"
Arms (R/L): 12" / 11.5"
Forearm (R/L): 9.5" / 9.5"
Waist: 32"
Butt: 37"
Thighs (R/L): 20" / 20"
Calves: (R/L): 14.5" / 15"

My body fat is 12%, but this was done with a computer at the gym. I’m also going to get a cutie I know at another gym to test my body fat % with the calipers. I like that method better. Before my body fat was always between 10 and 14 so I have no reason to doubt the computer.

As far as my goals I don’t really intend to watch my body fat that closely anyway. I just record it so I’ll have the full picture of what my body is doing; but I’m not that concerned with how much fat I’m adding. I just want to be HUGE!

I like your sense of humor, T-Ron. Be sure to keep everyone posted on your progress.

Since you have been reading for a bit, you know that there is no end to the number of people that will make you feel bad if you slip up and start regressing. Just don’t let it get to you and know that they only want you to succeed.

Gotta appreciate a man who does his research. Welcome to the Nation, Ron.