T Replacement Injections. Does It Get Consistent?

Your total Testosterone before injections was 293, that’s low enough to get on trt. Find a new doctor. Get your own blood work at privatemdlabs.com if you can and take it into the doctor. Get the hormone panel for females but at checkout select male. It’s like $66.99. Promo code HEALTHY12 should get you 12% off. It doesn’t have free test but it’ll give you total test, fsh, lh, and estradiol (E2).

1 Like

Current PrivateMDLabs 15% discount: 99UI7V

1 Like

So, I’ve seen two docs for this. First doc said it was acceptable when I was on TRT. I complained because things still felt off. So he referred me out. The second doc took me off trt and said I’m normal off of trt. I just scheduled Monday to go to a men’s clinic… But it’s a third opinion.

Good lord you were less than 300 and they are calling that normal?

More stupid things doctors say

I have a buddy that’s interested in getting on TRT. He’s built a lot like me and same symptoms I have/had. He asked his dr to get his testosterone checked. Came back 318 and reference range was 3XX-11XX. His doctor said he was he was over 200 and that he was fine and didn’t need to be on TRT. So I referred him to my doctor. She wants me over 500, if I’m higher and still only doing 100mg cyp a week, good!

Your doc might be a little too conservative, his is a flaming idoit

1 Like

“Proper nutrition and exercise making my hormone levels normal is the best option by far.”

Ain’t gonna cut it. A medical condition requires medication.

But what were the lab results?

We both TT and FT normal or just TT?

Doctors remain the biggest problem in this fields.

Did you study the stickies? You should and you cannot trust the T-clinics either because they are carpenters and only see things they can fix with a hammer.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Be honest, I think my only option left is a clinic. Any other specialty doctor is going to require a referal from my doc. My doc diagnosed me and I had to beg him tor the last referal. Then he refers me out and they say I don’t need it. I can’t go back to him and ask for another referal.

Hey man. I’ve enjoyed reading this thread because it contains much of the same issues and concerns I’ve had about taking the leap onto TRT. I’m 42 yrs old, 194lbs, 13% BF, bodybuilder, and my diet is rock solid. However, for the last 7 months or so my body has just felt different. Libido has tanked. Body feels sluggish. And my sense of well being has essentially evaporated. I had my T levels checked and it confirmed what I suspected: low T. So the next question becomes: am I mentally ready to commit to a treatment that I must stick to for the rest of my life? Primarily, the thought of injecting myself for 30 years seems daunting. So, I’m still on the fence.

The reason I’m chiming in here is because I feel like you’re looking for someone to tell you the impossible, which is: your body will suddenly start producing more T. And friend, that aint gonna happen. Paleo, Keto, Atkins, whatever diet you’re on, isn’t going to make enough of a difference to combat your symptoms. You need a medical treatment to fix your hormones. And for what it’s worth, you should probably give it more than a few weeks to make a judgment on efficacy.

At some point you’re going to get fed up with feeling like shit and will make the leap to TRT. Until then, I wish you luck.

1 Like

So, today I went to a Men’s clinic. The guy there was super honest I believe. He looked over my previous labs and said my numbers are low. My numbers should’ve been about 200 higher per test when they said the numbers were good. But he said they don’t take insurance and the cost to go there was about $2,000 a year. He said that I went to a endocrinologist and I should’ve gone to a urologist. An endocrinologist plays it safe and will just get you above the line required. An urologist typically will be more aggressive and get the numbers higher. So, I called the urologist they recommended. They got me in tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.

Just shop bro. I have an internist/endo that let’s me shoot at home, but doesn’t believe in Adex, so I just buy it through research chems.

So, yesterday, I went to the urologist. He said I need to go back on TRT. But my numbers should’ve been higher when I was on it before. I swear what he said and what he did differs though. I was on 100 mg weekly. He said he was going to ramp it way up and they’ll bring it down if needed. I swore he said when I was in the office they were going to start me out at 400 mg weekly. Then he said he’d give the order to his nurse and she’d administer the shot. She came in and gave me 300 mg. But then I noticed my next appointment is 2 weeks. I called back to be sure it shouldn’t be one week. They said no. So, as of now, I believe I’m scheduled to receive 300 mg every 2 weeks. It’s an average of 50 mg more than before a week, but i’m assuming i’m going to have a bigger high and a bigger low. So far, it’s been a day and a half or so since my shot and I don’t think i’ve noticed a difference in how I feel. (Maybe ever so slightly better.) I know it’s not always instant…