T Nation

T-Replacement For Women?


#1

Considering T-replacement for my wife and wondering about which levels to be concerned with Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc..., and whether to consider using an AI in conjunction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.


#2

[quote]mahjohn wrote:
Considering T-replacement for my wife and wondering about which levels to be concerned with Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc…, and whether to consider using an AI in conjunction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Why would you consider this?

What is the goal? Is your wife a female bodybuilder in the strong sense of the word ( not bikini, not figure pro )?

You need to be very specific about the goals.

All in all there’s never reason to do testosterone replacement therapy for female unless the goal is virilization or suffering from transgenderism.


#3

[quote]Divyx wrote:

[quote]mahjohn wrote:
Considering T-replacement for my wife and wondering about which levels to be concerned with Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc…, and whether to consider using an AI in conjunction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Why would you consider this?

What is the goal? Is your wife a female bodybuilder in the strong sense of the word ( not bikini, not figure pro )?

You need to be very specific about the goals.

All in all there’s never reason to do testosterone replacement therapy for female unless the goal is virilization or suffering from transgenderism.[/quote]

Right…


#4

[quote]KountKoma wrote:

[quote]Divyx wrote:

[quote]mahjohn wrote:
Considering T-replacement for my wife and wondering about which levels to be concerned with Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc…, and whether to consider using an AI in conjunction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Why would you consider this?

What is the goal? Is your wife a female bodybuilder in the strong sense of the word ( not bikini, not figure pro )?

You need to be very specific about the goals.

All in all there’s never reason to do testosterone replacement therapy for female unless the goal is virilization or suffering from transgenderism.[/quote]

Right…
[/quote]

I was hoping more discussion in this thread but…
I guess we will never know the beauty behind this thought!


#5

[quote]Divyx wrote:

[quote]KountKoma wrote:

[quote]Divyx wrote:

[quote]mahjohn wrote:
Considering T-replacement for my wife and wondering about which levels to be concerned with Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc…, and whether to consider using an AI in conjunction.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Why would you consider this?

What is the goal? Is your wife a female bodybuilder in the strong sense of the word ( not bikini, not figure pro )?

You need to be very specific about the goals.

All in all there’s never reason to do testosterone replacement therapy for female unless the goal is virilization or suffering from transgenderism.[/quote]

Right…
[/quote]

I was hoping more discussion in this thread but…
I guess we will never know the beauty behind this thought![/quote]

You already made your mind up so no real reason to discuss.


#6

Was unable to reply earlier, off on work travel.

Why consider this?..family history of high Estrogen levels, elevated weight gain as a result, and some history of breast cancer. Testosterone + AI is used post-breast cancer surgery to lower Estrogen levels, and help to reduce the risk of re occurrence. This approach is also now being used as a preventative measure. Testosterone therapy is also widely used in Europe as a treatment for post-menopausal women, and not Estrogen therapy. Testosterone is the most active female sex hormone, not Estrogen. The problem women have is in line with the attitudes exhibited in the comments so far in that replacement therapy for women is for virilization, transgenderism, or serious pro bodybuilder, are off the mark.

So as for goals, she would like to lower her Estrogen levels and reduce her risk of breast cancer, she would like to lose some body fat and build muscle more readily. Her diet is on point, as are her workouts 5’4 125lbs, weight workout 3x per week, 1hr sessions.

As an fyi…I use T with an AI for myself due to low-T and have done for about 3 years, I have read and received a lot of good advice on this forum and hope to continue to do so.

thanks,


#7

How old is she now?
Still cycling?
Gets cold easily?
Dry skin?
Breasts ache?
Ovarian cysts?
Painful periods?
PMS?
Sex OK or sometimes painful for her?
Fibroids?

Weight gain can also be from thyroid/iodine issues.

Female HRT can be complex and difficult during perimenopause.

Many get good benefits from OTC 2% progesterone cream. Look at “KAL” brand at amazon.
She is estrogen dominant, progesterone balances that.

T can improve things, but can increase unwanted hair and deep her voice.


#8

[quote]mahjohn wrote:
Was unable to reply earlier, off on work travel.

Why consider this?..family history of high Estrogen levels, elevated weight gain as a result, and some history of breast cancer. Testosterone + AI is used post-breast cancer surgery to lower Estrogen levels, and help to reduce the risk of re occurrence. This approach is also now being used as a preventative measure. Testosterone therapy is also widely used in Europe as a treatment for post-menopausal women, and not Estrogen therapy. Testosterone is the most active female sex hormone, not Estrogen. The problem women have is in line with the attitudes exhibited in the comments so far in that replacement therapy for women is for virilization, transgenderism, or serious pro bodybuilder, are off the mark.

So as for goals, she would like to lower her Estrogen levels and reduce her risk of breast cancer, she would like to lose some body fat and build muscle more readily. Her diet is on point, as are her workouts 5’4 125lbs, weight workout 3x per week, 1hr sessions.

As an fyi…I use T with an AI for myself due to low-T and have done for about 3 years, I have read and received a lot of good advice on this forum and hope to continue to do so.

thanks,[/quote]

Thank you for clarification. I didn’t know any of this regarding women and testosterone and made a wrong assumption. Very interesting information in general.

I cannot help though but wish you and your family all the best in life.


#9

[quote]Divyx wrote:

[quote]
All in all there’s never reason to do testosterone replacement therapy for female unless the goal is virilization or suffering from transgenderism.[/quote]

Wow do I disagree. My wife started testosterone pellets when she was 42, about 3 years ago. She ends up absorbing a 200mg pellet in about 10 weeks, so 20 mg of T a week. It has no ester so that’s equivalent to about 30mg a week of test Cypionate.

Her T was in range for a 7-10 year old girl before treatment. :). Night and day difference.
Girls can be low T just like guys, so there are times when a girl taking taking T makes sense. She’ll never stop, nor would I let her! Only sides have been better sex, better recovery from workouts, less anxiety, better sleep…oh wait, those aren’t sides. :wink:


#10

Very interesting information indeed.

I’ve meant to study more about female hormones, etc what increases their sexuality and affects it. Let’s say that I definitely wouldn’t mind more willing wife, we’ve been together 15 years now. :slight_smile:

I’ve only recently realised that hormones affects females as strongly as males aswell and have wondered if her hormones are messed up, it might be one cause for her lack of sexual needs. As an example she couldn’t use birth control pills they messed her menstruations up pretty badly. Also in the past 15 years i think she has made the first move like only handful of times. Kinda boring when you have to always be the one who starts the act.

Testosterone treatment for females is very interesting.
I’ve seen referenge ranges for ladies and wonder if doctors would consider treatment if they’re really low.


#11

I asked several questions…