T-Replacement Doc in Nashville Area?

Mid 30’s looking for initial TRT therapy in Nashville area. Anyone have advice about a clinic or physician who currently takes insurance and may focus more on symptoms that blood tests or current test levels?

I’ve read Genesis but I don’t know if they take insurance (United Healthcare) or not.

I would much prefer being able to self administer at home rather than going to weekly appointments since I live in a rural area about an hour west of Nashville.

Bump for Nashville Docs

Dr. Dauphin is one of the best around, i think. has a new guy with him too, seems good.

they’ve moved, so it might be a drive, but probably worth it. he knows his stuff.

200 N. Anderson Ln. Suite 106, Hendersonville TN, 37075

I live in Chattanooga but just started working with LowTestosterone.com. Not sure if you’re looking for a regular endo so that insurance can be billed, but LowT.com is all inclussive for $199/month. I just started with them so I can’t give a thorough review just yet. Just throwing them out there so that you have another to look at. I’m still looking for an endocrinologist here in Chattanooga so that my insurance can take on part of the cost. Good luck!

I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Dauphin (I commute from Memphis because I could not find anyone here who knew what the heck they were doing). Based on recommendations from this board, I started seeing him a little over a year ago and have been impressed. He is knowledgeable and is really on top of looking at the whole picture of how the hormones have a cascading effect on one another.

And commuting from Memphis, self-injections were key for me, which was not a problem at all since that is how he typically handles things. Like some others have said, he will prescribe HCG if there is a reason for it (restarting/trying to have a child/etc.), but does not gratuitously offer it unless there is a reason.

I went to his new office in Hendersonville earlier this week and for the first time saw his new nurse practitioner, whom I was impressed with as well.

Hope this helps!
Good luck.

Hello. I have been getting injections at the low T center in Murfreesboro, but they only offer them once a week, and I’d like to do them myself biweekly, at a lower dosage. My side effects are skin flushing and water retention, yet they want to keep raising my dosage (they have me at 210 per week). I am going to attempt to make an appointment with Dr. Dauphin. Are there any other doctors worth looking into? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You do realize this thread is 4 years old don’t you?

Yes. Should I have started a new thread regarding the same topic?

No you shouldn’t :+1: still in Nashville and still subbed for this :wink:

Hey there! Did you ever wind up going to Dr. Dauphin? Or find someone else? If you have any info you’d be willing to share, I’d appreciate it. I had an internist tell me today that total testosterone is what counts and free testosterone doesn’t mean anything. He also said free t is low because I’m muscular and it’s being used or something wtf.

My primary care physician said they only allow at home injections once every 1-4 weeks and wouldn’t allow biweekly even at a lower dose.

You have one of the leading HRT physicians in the country located in Chattanooga…Tier 1 Health And Wellness in Hixson. They just opened a few weeks ago. Dr. J. Keith Nichols MD. You can search his name in these forums. He is on YouTube as well

Oh god tel this guy to quit his job becusse he’s horrible. But yeah call that tieer1 health… he’s the best trt doc you’ll find in that area. He’s good enough that I flew my ass out to see him.

Use Dr.Nichols he’s well known. He’s all over the place talking about his logic. He actually optimizes clients and is the doc any man on t wants. It’s like saying I want to go on vacation. You have two options Disney world (local) or put put golf course…

Yah Nichols. It’s a no brainer.

Thanks, fellas! I appreciate the tip. And yeah, couldn’t believe what that doctor told me. He’s in Mt. Juliet. His Name is Dr. Mehta.

1 Like

Odie glad you are felling better - is there any rhyme or reason they tested you for adrenal fatigue?