T-Replacement Doc in Nashville Area?

does anyone know a good doctor who understands T replacement in the nashville or surrounding areas?

I am growing frustrated with my docs. I started having many of the symptoms of low T and went to my primary who put me on androgel. I think my T was in the mid to upper 300’s before I started. It worked for a little while and then I felt much worse and my T level dropped to around 100. He referred me to a urologist who prescribed test injections 200mg every three weeks. That got me to the mid 200’s which he said is close to normal. He considers 300 normal for a 45 yr old. He seems more concerned with getting my T to 300 than dealing with how I feel (i.e. my symptoms). I am less concerned about the T level number than I am the symptoms. Also, 300 seems pretty low based on what I’ve read.

I tried the compounding pharmacies recommend “finding a TRT doc” thread but had no luck.

Would appreciate any advice to find someone who gets it and can help.

Thanks!

Ask normal pharmacies too.

Hey PH. Your levels are very low and you do need help from a doctor that knows what he is doing. My doc is very knowledgeable. Send me a message and I’ll give you his info.

Thanks Everlast1976. I’ll send you a PM.

I live in Nashville, TN myself, and would love a reference to a good doctor who understands TRT. I’m currently on Androgel/Arimidex, but the doctor really doesn’t seem all the knowledgable, and I think I may need HCG.

I would love the name of this doc too, being as how I’m in the area. Tired of the struggle with the GPs…I’m on my third in a year. PM me if needed.

mantisgroove & catfish74,

I pm’d you with a couple of names. PM me if you have questions.

Help with Doc also please, just signed up!!!

There is a new clinic in town that is really good. Their website is www.genesisweightandagemanagement.com . They start everyone off on .75 cc a week and go up from there after your first blood work if needed. The price is $99.99 month for 4 injections and office visits not to bad. If anyone is interested just PM me for more details.

Long time readed first time poster. I have spent countless hours reading the stickies, and all the other posts… Thank you for your help!!! I finally found a Dr to help me… Now after starting TRT I feel like a new man!!!

I’m getting TRT, but also treated for Adrenal Fatigue, Vit D deficiency, fixing my cortisol and some Omga3 fish oils.

Not to get into all the dirt but my TT was 260 FT was 73, colorestrol 230, and Vit D low… Now after 3 months of TRT 2x week SC .5, 3600mg Fish Oil/Vit D/ Adreset daily… Fix the whole man plan.

Now TT 325, FT 107, Vit D is better, colorstrol 182 HDL/HDL is also better, and just feel so much better. Also increased TRT dose to .75/ 100/100mg, for more improvement. (E2 is good also) Labs to follow…

Nashville has a clinic called BodylogicMD worth looking into. Less than $90 dollars a month for the treatments.

I have a few questions for my next visit, I’m going to ask about HCG and a few more things…

Thanks again to all posting here, helped me ask the right questions, made me sure that the Dr knew how to treat me…

I’m going to Genesis tomorrow for my blood work and my first injection. I’ve already been for my consult and preliminary physical. Has anyone been to Genesis? If so, what do you think?

Solid_Truth,

I am also in Nashville. I am interested to hear how your Genesis visit goes. After my internist showed little concern about my TT at 315, I checked with my urologist who precribed Testim and then Androgel. Eventually, I switched to Testopel. For various reasons, I sought out another option. Also, for several reasons, I felt a sense of urgency and went with Renewman recently. I may give my initial thoughts and a progress report after my first follow up lab test in a week.

I would be interested in hearing anyone’s positive experience with doctors in this TRT realm who practice in Middle TN. The only feedback that I can give is that my friend just started with Dr. Steve Samudrala of American Family Doctors in Brentwood. He is happy with his initial visits and progress so far, but he is early into it. The only things that I heard that I am not so sure about was that he did not want to prescribe HCG (at least not initially), and he told him to come by for a shot once a week. He did prescribe him cyn testosterone so that he can give it himself instead. The doctor does suggest a sleep study as well which I think may be a good thing.

I know that Bodylogic and other similar referral services and programs have doctors in the area that may be good. Strangely Renewman does not. The doctor that they sent me to is 30-40 minutes outside of Nashville (and with whom I was not satisfied). I have not checked with pharmacies, but I did look at who uses Genova and Spectracell testing services and came up with some similar names who also may be some good possibilities.

Wow, has everyone from Tennessee that has an internet connection posted into this thread?

I kid I kid…but srsly, there is a lot of ya’lls here

I had a negative experience with genesis. I heard they fired the girl drawing blood. Any truth to that? Im at 437 testosterone level but needs to be higher. Who are the docs some of you are going to? I’m 50 yo and concerned about the future. My dad suffers from frontal lobe dementia and I recently read that low T contributes to that. I experience other symptoms, too. I’ve done the androgel in the past and while it helped, it was a pain and only helped a little. I’ve been to the Nashville Male Medical Clinic but they are more concerned about ED issues. Testosterone replacement is not their main focus. Email me directly at solidtruth@yahoo.com. Thanks.

You might consider a good doc that is not in or near Nashville. Many docs that are good will actually work with you over the phone.
You call, make a phone appointment, discuss things with him, he prescribes blood work, you get it done, discuss the results with him and then he prescribes whatever is needed.
Is it as good as seeing the doc face to face? Of course not, but its lightyears better than face to face with a uninformed, self-absorbed, doc.
Something to think about.

[quote]GeorgeCulp wrote:
You might consider a good doc that is not in or near Nashville. Many docs that are good will actually work with you over the phone.
You call, make a phone appointment, discuss things with him, he prescribes blood work, you get it done, discuss the results with him and then he prescribes whatever is needed.
Is it as good as seeing the doc face to face? Of course not, but its lightyears better than face to face with a uninformed, self-absorbed, doc.
Something to think about.[/quote]
Pretty sure that is illegal without a face to face meeting there big chief…

hey, i’m reviving this thread because it looks like no one is posting here anymore. So, if anyonehas any info of a doc I could check out they trust PLEASE pm me

ph413 doesnt apear to be active on here any longer, or anyone with legit doc info for that matter. thanks guys. new to posting here so i apologize if i went about this the wrong way.

I live in the West TN area and I go to Ageless Mens Health in Germantown area. They have several clinics and I will say that I am very satisfied with the level of professionalism and knowledge amongst the Dr’s there.

I am 32 and have dealt with mild depression for sometime, and also fatigue had been a problem. After my initial blood work they found my T-level at 218. Needless to say I go every week and get my dosage. I am receiving about 5/8 c a week right now. Tom will be 5th visit. Let me know if I can help anyone in this area!

i appreciate the response hambone. Yea, I just turned 35 and have seen a decrease/change in libido, sleep, emotions and healing from injuries. I just don’t want to go to some quack who wants to put me in normal range for my age with no regard to how I feel physically/mentally etc. I’m hoping for some knowledge of my immediate area in terms of some quality docs.