Dchris's Grappling with Age

Hell yeah man abs coming in! Keep it up bro! Drooling over that dark chocolate and cool whip.

1 Like

Whipped cream, dark chocolate and cocoa nibs (From Trader Joes) are a godsend while in keto.

2/13

Night weight: 219 :wink:

Workout:
Strict press
2x15x105lbs
Strict then Push Press
3x5+5x 135
SGHP
2x10
KB Row
2x10
Strict Press
1xx105xAMRAP - follow by 3 more with a push

Mid workout, my wife tells me dinner is done. So choked down the below. Collard greens, ground turkey (wife doesn’t understand Keto) and an egg. I added olive oil on top.

1 Like

2/14

Morning weight: 217.8! It’s moving back down… thank god, i’m going weight crazy.

No workout today. Instead of getting some morning work in, I got coffee and a card for the wife so she’d have it to wake up to.

I did check the menu and called the restaurant, they are willing to accommodate my ridiculous diet.

Halibut and Asparagus for me tongiht… maybe some cool whip and dark chocolate for dessert

2 Likes

2/15

Weight: don’t ask.

Wife wanted white wine last night, which I haven’t had in years… she didn’t like it, so the bottle was on me to finish. Woke up slightly hung over… I’m sure its’ the wine’s fault. I really didn’t drink much. Fortunately for no one, I had to be in the office early. Grabbed a gallon of water, kombucha from the fridge, few meat/cheese sticks and chased a caffeine pill with a rockstar (zero carb ;))

I did do some @Yogi1 front squat rack lunges yesterday. I did 2x9x105lbs, I don’t recall my quads being this sore near my knee. Like, just sitting at my desk, they are sore and pulsating.

I’m planning on hitting my legs pretty hard tonight, regardless.

2 Likes

Didn’t have much time after work to get a session in, due to a board meeting.

Front squats
105x15 reps
135x10 - easy
135x20 - where the fuck did this come from
185x5

Back squat
185x20

Lunges w/front squat position
2x10x105lbs

So… either tonight was great for front squats or I need to up the weight. Will start using 185lbs as my working sets aiming for multiple sets of 8-12.

3 Likes

So… funny story. Wife’s in the city with some friends. I get home from work and hear a knock. I frantically put clothes on and open the door to find this. Happy early birthday to me, from Wifey. They probably couldn’t of packaged it any more inconspicuously.

Looks like today is back day.

5 Likes

2/16

Strict Press - Video Below
3x135
3x135
1x135
Push Press
3x185
0x205
Hang Clean
3x135
3x185 - Rep RP
2x205 - PR Haven’t cleaned this much without a squat. The first was clean the second was ugly, but got it

Strict Press
2x10x105

2 Rounds of:
5x185 SGHP
10/arm KB Rows
1 Minute Trap Bar Holds

@T3hPwnisher
First video is a side view.
Second is front, realized after watching I may have my hands too far apart
Third I narrowed and it went up way easier.

2 Likes

In the very first video, right at the start, I can see the strength leak occurring in the unrack. It looks like you’re pulling the bar off the rack, then placing it on your chest, then pressing from there. You want to unrack the bar WITH your chest/collar bone, as this allows you to maintain tension in your lats.

I made a video a long while back on overhead press set up. You might like it

I’ve change my technique a little since then, but the basics remain the same.

3 Likes

That’s the same wrapping paper mine came in for Christmas…:grin: So, sparkly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will try it that way Sat.

As always, you’re super helpful. Thanks

1 Like

best present I’ve gotten in a long time!

2 Likes

Oh HELL YEA!!!

1 Like

Cool bar, Nice floor!

1 Like

It’s pretty fucking sweet. Ready to hit legs tomorrow. Headed to Home Depot shortly to get some 2x6s to reinforce my ceiling structure… which brings me to…

Ya, we’ve got a really cool old house, with hardwoods throughout. Dumb part is I’ve got 100 year old wood supporting my garage roof and can’t support my gymnastic rings.

2/17

Arms
7x10 curls and overhead KB ext.

Kept it pretty short and sweet. Gonna hit legs tomorrow and spend my evening hanging my gymnastic rings.

1 Like

2/18

Morning weight: 218

Feeling pretty good and by that I mean weak. Keto has raised its ugly head. Weighed 218 this afternoon after lunch.

Finally decided to move my rack and equipment to the other side of my garage. Been meaning to do that for a long time. I was too excited when I got my rack to do it right lol. Any ways almost passed out while moving my 700lbs of plates, bars, rack and garage crap around. Finally got done and had nothing left to lift :weary:

Will try again, tomorrow.

Also, sadly the KB I “borrowed” had to be returned. :frowning: no more KB rows.

3 Likes

2/19

Morning weight: 216 - finally back to my low.

Pretty disappointed there’s 9 days left this month and I haven’t lost weight. I need to lose 6lbs to hit my month goal.

Did some morning cardio. 100 plate touches (hit the ground then press over head)

Some sit-ups and band pull apart. Made some Keto fudge yesterday. It’s so good. Best part is, it isn’t a cheat. I could literally just eat this and stay in Keto. Below is about 20 grams of fat and 5 protein.

2 Likes

tell us how you made the fudge you god damn cocktease

5 Likes

Oh, I’m the cock tease? Look who’s talking.

2 Likes