Dchris's Grappling with Age

That sounds like a hot tub…

2 Likes

No workout for me today. Had to make another overnight trip. Currently standing in the remains of a burnt down building, watching a crew demo the debris.

I’ve worked about 14 hours already, and have 2 to go.

6 Likes

Back home, no idea morning Weight. Diet hasn’t sucked, but it’s been 4 Keto meals, 1 not, 3 Keto meals, 1 not, etc.

The non Keto meals have been super healthy still, but it’s not diet goals.

Workout:
3x20 barbell row

5x10 KB row

2x10 SGHP

Working on upper back… cause I think it sucks. Ha

2 Likes

Had two consecutive carb meals today and had tons of energy and muscles felt full so hit another back workout. Haha

SGHP
5x15

KB Rows
5x10

Band Pull Aparts
2xAMRAP

I also got my shipment of BCAAs in today. So, starting right now (currently eating keto dinner), I am back into keto. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2/11

Morning weight: unknown

Had a class at 10 and woke up at 815. So not much time.

Legs
Front squats
135x10
135x17 - has to be a PR
5x135x7

Back Squat
135xamrap - which started as normal reps, then progressed to speed reps, then to platz squats.

Still had glycogen in my muscles, had a great MMC and my legs looked bigger than ever. I’m really pleased with leg strength.

There was an article years ago that discussed only moving up weights when you were strong enough to increase by quarters or 45s. Since my back is feeling good, I’ll do several 10 rep sets at 225 and maybe a max set. I’d like to be able to nail 225lbs for 20 reps without minimal mental prep.

1 Like

Weight: undisclosed

Well, as of today, I’m back in Keto. How do I know, you ask? …easy, if I’m not peeing, then I’m thinking about how I have to piss. Also, my headache from last night has subsided. Additionally, I’m pretty sure my 3 egg, 2 sausage brat dipped in avocado oil has thrown me full into it.

Workout:
10 grams of BCAAs
4x10 and 1x8 incline Bench.

I upped the weight I’m working with by 20lbs. Since I’ve been hitting my reps for awhile, I’ll update all the weights I’m using.

I’ve been strugging all month with the desire to enter Keto, knowing I’ll come out on my birthday later this month. Therefor justifying a cup of rice or quinoa. This has hindered my progress and I now see the error in my ways. I’m going full steam ahead from here on out, hopefully losing a few lbs before my bday. At which, I’ll eat my favorite dessert (ice cream pie), then wake up pissy and up a few lbs before hitting it again and winning the Transformation contest.

1 Like

Wait! What??? No! It weakens you. Just say no! Get a hold of yourself man! ( no, not that way, put that thing away) Think about whatchur doing. Risking everything for a rice fix. It’s Kryptonite I tell ya.
But, definitely better than bird seed (quinoa) :confounded:

1 Like

Bahaha. I know how bizarre that sounds.

Ps. Quinoa is life, it’s how you prepare it.

Fry some onion garlic cloves and olive oil in a pot. Then put quinoa and water in pot. Stir quinoa and let sit for as long as directions say. Once done, stir and add shaved parmasean cheese. Voila, the best damn fucking carb you will ever eat… except for ice cream.

Also, this is a godsend. @EyeDentist, I know you love peanut butter. Have you seen this?

2 Likes

Sounds delish, you can have my share :grin Maybe I will try it again someday.
I don’t think I have any left, and pretty sure there won’t be anymore in the shopping cart any time soon. :wink: That shit is expensive down here, too expensive to feed to the chickens. They loved it, by the way.

Never seen it. Is good?

It’s delicious. I could eat the whole jar as a meal. It’s a great break from PB and AB.

But then, I would be consuming 4000 calories. :disappointed:

I thought when you do the Keto thing you also had to limit your intake of protein, because your body will convert it into glucose. How do you break that down? Percentage wise.

I keep protein between 120 and 150 grams. I don’t usually have (much) protein for lunch and save it for breakfast and dinner.

An example would be:
Breakfast - eggs, sausage, chorizo, bacon
Lunch - Brussels sprouts with bacon
Dinner - pork ribs, ground pork, brisket, etc.

As you can see, I’m not Jewish.

Dessert, 95% dark chocolate and cool whip.

Are those abs wanting to poke through?

2 Likes

Oh okay. They are pretty close!

2/13

Morning weight: 218

Morning session:
2 rounds of -

15x105lbs Strict Press
1 minute trap hold
10KB Row
Pull Aparts

Just remembered tomorrow is Vday, which means no workout and possibly non Keto meal. :weary::sob:

1 Like

Well, at least get some cardio in.

1 Like

I’m married, not dating. There’s a 10% chance of that happening :wink:

2 Likes

9% better chance than 364 days per year!

2 Likes

HAHA!

Here’s to hoping, I love late night drunk cardio.

1 Like