Dchris's Grappling with Age

I’ve been doing lunges with a front squat grip lately to keep my back happy and they’re pretty awesome. Totally brutalise your posterior chain.

Might be worth a try

3 Likes

You’re 20 minutes late, yogi. I’ll give that a try this weekend.

Decided against squats. Instead did a circuit of:

30 Goblet squats holding a 55lb KB
1 minute 135lb Zercher hold
15 split squats/per leg

Repeated, without break, for 5 sets.

Morning weight was 220. I pisssed every 20 minutes today and am currently weighing 220 fully clothed. I’m sure I’ll drop back to my low tomorrow.

Dude that is absolutely awesome, congrats on such an incredible milestone! Keep killing it!

1 Like

1/27

My weight was back down to 216, as expected. Wife had to make an emergency one-way flight back to her home town. Meanwhile, I’m all alone indefinitely with my food cravings. I would be lying if I said I hadn’t checked to see which store has Halo-Top ice cream. I mean, I have lost 11lbs this month, I think I deserve to have some ice cream, right?

Damn straight! Pick a new flavor and call it research :+1:t2:

That’s what you said about the rice…:joy:

I love research! Not quite the response I expected, but research I shall.

No rice… I’m keeping my friends close, but my enemies closer this time round.

2 Likes

1/28
Morning Weight: 217

OHP
5x5

KB Row
4x12

OHP and EZ Bar front raises
3x18

1/29
Morning Weight: 216.4 - new low!

1 Like

I fucking LOVE Brussels sprouts.

1 Like

1/30

Weight: irrelevant because of last nights dinner

Workout
Back squat
3x20x135lb - 45 second break. Fuck. Still catching my breath

Bulgarian Split Squats +55lbs
3x12/leg

First time doing anything that loads the spine. Felt pretty good. I’ll probably stick to 135 for a bit and just hammer high reps. I still wake up with no mobility and pain in my back, until I stretch and foam roll.

Decided to fast this morning, have only had Brussels sprouts and bacon today. Only reason I made it through those squats without throwing up. Haha. Hoping on Wednesday, I’ll hit 215. Today I’ve got a water weight rebound from the carbs, which will probably carry though tomorrow.

3 Likes

1/31

Weight: 220

Woke up feeling a lot leaner today. My shoulders, arms and upper chest specifically.

I bought a few pairs of jeans last month that fit really well. They were 34/36, now I look like Vanilla Ice in them. Sadly, I can’t find any 32/36. I either need to find a boom box for my shoulder, or get used to wearing capris. haha

2 Likes

Wow, I wear 36" waist to fit around my ass lol

I’ve been wearing Levi’s Athletic fits (I think 541). They fit my ass and quads, yet don’t look like skinnys.

I was also born with two pancakes. Haha :joy: Usually my biggest problem with pants is my calves ha

1 Like

1/31

I didn’t feel like working out. Had no energy.

2/1

Morning Weight: 219

Decided to do last nights workout, which I’ll probably repeat again this evening.

5 sets of the following:
15x Incline Bench
15x/arm KB Rows

This is how I feel:

4 Likes

2/1

Probably one of most stressful days I’ve had in a long time. Fortunately for me, it will continue through Saturday, take a break on Sunday, resuming Monday and Tuesday ;p

Repeated this morning’s workout with band pull aparts added after rows.

Here’s a leg update. Feel a lot leaner all around today.

2 Likes

2/2

Really pissy this morning because my weight was 219. I know I look leaner, but fuck that. My goal is scale weight. I’m going very hard on my diet today. I’ll also be staring at my computer from 7am-8pm, so band pull aparts and alternating between sitting and standing at my desk.

Morning workout:
AMRAP Strict Press
28x105lbs
3x3 hang cleans

Because I am an incessant tracker (@robstein, didn’t want to clutter your feed with my weight) :

Here’s my weight flunctuations for the first month.

1 Like

There is definitely a pattern of loss there, a new low, then it goes back up, but not as high as before, then lower, back up, etc. Kind of a roller coaster ride that generally goes down over time.

2 Likes

2/2

Seriously mentally drained from today. Wife’s been gone for 8 days, and I’ve ran out of food. Currently eating a half lb of ground beef with two runny eggs on top. I’ve resisted so many temptations to have carbs tonight.

Workout:
Hangcleans
Unknown sets of 3 reps

High pulls
Unknown sets of 5 reps

Pull aparts

Barbell row
3x15

1 Like

On second thought probably closer to a lb.

About 100 grams of fat. Haha

3 Likes