Dchris's Grappling with Age

4/10

Squats
Worked up to 3x5x225 - lower back was pumped up and sore from baseball yesterday.

DL
3x3x225lb - didn’t want to ruin a good lower back pump. Haha

Goblet squats
3x20

2 Likes

Tell those crossfit people to do it with an axle!!! :smiley:

1 Like

In fairness, that’s exactly what I did, haha. Continentals take too long though.

2 Likes

I couldn’t imagine trying to do 30 continentals. Have any other good CF style challenges? I’m going to include Grace every 4-6 weeks to see if I can get better at it.

I just did the Grace for fun tonight as well. Raining out so I couldn’t get in my strongman conditioning.

This link has a few other common CF challenges.

2 Likes

Looks like @littlesleeper found some, which is great, because I’m so out of touchn, haha.

1 Like

@littlesleeper thanks man, gonna give Fran a run this morning. Although I’ll do swings instead of pull-ups, because I don’t have a way to do pull ups at my place.

Morning weight: 209.4! Things are moving. With eight more weeks, no more photos from me.

4 Likes

4/13

Been crazy busy lately. I’m still getting workouts in, but they’re very brief.

Workout

Circuit 1
KB Incline Bench
3x20
80KB swings
3x20

Circuit 2
KB Incline Flies
3x15
KB Rows
3x10/arm

Seven weeks left, I’ve debated doing 10x3 for fat loss… although, think I’m gonna keep doing what I’m doing. It’s working and I’ve been so busy workouts are inconsistent.

3 Likes

Got some great news from my real estate agent today. Our home has appreciated 40% in under two years. Not bad considering it’s our first home and we got an amazing deal. Gonna list the home a month from now, sell after our two years in the home to avoid capital gains. Then rent a place for 6 months, a month of which, we are going to spend traveling internationally, then build a home or buy a 10-15 year home in December/January when people ‘have’ to sell vs ‘want’ to sell.

All that to say, I’m drunk, didn’t workout and accidentally ate some crepes. F. Probably going to be annoyed with myself in the morning.

6 Likes

4/15

Circuit:
Deadlifts
10x2
Rows
10x10/arm

100KB swings

4/16
Squats
2x10x135
3x10x225

Grace-‘ish’
6 reps then rest for a minute - 30 total reps

Headed to Portland for a birthday party (not an ironically named religious party). Gonna try not to eat everything and drink everything and eat ice cream. Fuck, I love ice cream.

1 Like

I did so well today, had a lettuce wrapped burger with a side salad, instead of tots; then went to dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant. Walking back to my car, the sirens called and I couldn’t resist. I had less than 1000 calories from salad and ground pork/beef all day and was gonna go home and have some Keto mousse. Instead I had 3 scooops of regret.

Gonna do 100 swings and 20 clean and presses before bed. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Training has been short and boring lately. Nothing interesting to say, high rep OHP, goblet squats and rows, with a few cleans thrown in.

Top 4 abs are clear as day and can be seen at all hours of the day. The next row of two are a bit stubborn but are making an appearance in the morning. The depressing thing about getting leaner is that my untrained abs have become noticeably tiny. My quads have separation all the way to my hip now, which is cool. I seem to lose weight in my legs before my waist.

Also, I’m sporting a sweet nike belt that is a size 32". I couldn’t even get the ends to touch in February. Downside is that none of my pants fit with said belt… This is kind of a bitch, cause my calves are still massive and I can’t squeeze them into 32" pants. HA! My legs fit nicely into 32s, probably tighter than most on this site, but they look like parachute pants compared to other portlanders.

I was feeling pretty good about myself, professionally, earlier this year. I’ve got a closet with 30 or so dress shirts… sadly, I’m swimming in all of them. Not sure if I should get rid of or have them tailored.

2 Likes

So, I have three full wardrobes - fat, medium, skinny.[quote=“dchris, post:332, topic:224841”]
I’ve got a closet with 30 or so dress shirts… sadly, I’m swimming in all of them. Not sure if I should get rid of or have them tailored.
[/quote]

If they’re expensive (>50$), get them tailored. Otherwise, store them.

#toughdecisions

3 Likes

Decided to do today’s WOD:

Scaled to 115lbs instead of 135. Also, I used an axle, cause why not?

15 Thrusters
21 SGDLHP
12 Thrusters
15 SGDLHP
9 Thrusters
12 SGDLHP

Fucking brutal. Weight is gonna be down tomorrow, I can’t feel it. Ha

1 Like

I just want a jacked and shredded wardrobe :weary: One day.

They are! :scream: But so is getting tailored. Man… gonna try to ride this out and just bug summer clothes then deal with fall as it happens.

I have training clothes, two pairs of jeans, three formal shorts (Australia. It’s a thing), two jumpers and a formal shirt. Otherwise it’s my uniform.

2 Likes

Man… it’s not hot enough here for formal shorts to be a thing.

I wish I had a uniform… just dress shirts and pants. Although, office pro tip: golf pants look dressy but are very moveable.

1 Like

Didn’t workout today… I’ve recently joined a few boards and committees along with everything else I am doing and it’s eating up my days. Worked about 13 hours today, then had a committee meeting and have meeting tomorrow at 7. Gonna try and get up early to do 10 minutes of squats with 135. Essentially, just trying to maximize my limited time allocated to training.

Can’t ya do curls in the board room :joy:

2 Likes

This seems like a Oxymoron but its Australia.

2 Likes