7x1x135

Superset:
Axle SGHP
3x5
KB snatch
3x5

1 Like

I really enjoyed hearing them chirp.

Ya, high maintenance “pets”. IIRC, they need to be kept very warm, ya?

What do you plan on doing with them once they’re full grown?

Ya, they need a varying temperature depending on how old they are. The challenge is, they range in age from 1-4 weeks. We got a larger container and set the light more towards one end, in hopes that they would self regulate themselves.

Haha, they are pets. My wife and I will never have a dog or cat, and fish are boring; this was the compromise.

I need to supplement the costs of being keto, and eggs are a staple :joy:

3 Likes

I decided to mess around with my calorie timing today. Typically, I will have ~700 for breakfast, 800 for lunch and the rest at dinner. Today, I had ~300 for breakfast and will adjust the rest split between the two other meals. No real particular reason other then, to see if a slight starvation period causes my body to look at my remaining handles for energy instead of a steady amount of food.

Morning Workout:
Axle Front Squat - 3x5x135
Goblet Squat 80lb KB - 2x30

3 Likes

3/29

Front Squats
5x135
2x3x175
Wife calls out to the garage, saying she needs something from the store.

14 minutes later, return from store
3x3x175
3x2x205

Goblet Squat
2xAMRAP

7 minutes straight with 135lbs on my back
AMRAP platz, narrow stance, wide stance, etc. whatever I could do in 7 minutes.

Front squats with the axle bar hurt my elbows. Probably not gonna do again.

Quads

Dinner - almond flour meat balls (80/20 ground beef) and collard greens with spicy sausage.

3 Likes

Today it became pretty clear my back is what’s limiting me right now. My upper back wants to collapse on front squats, not my legs. Also, holding the bar on my back for 7 minutes, my lower back gave out before everything else. Not quite sure what I’m gonna do with that, but need to spend more time with rack pulls and upper back work.

It’s kind of crappy how weak my rack pull has become. My best was 655, about a year ago, I’d hit 605 for several reps. Now 315 fatigues my back really fast.

1 Like

Were you doing the keto thing a year ago?

1 Like

A year ago, ya. Although, I came out more frequently.

More to your point, I hit that in December of 15, then stopped doing DLs and variations. I wasn’t logging to remember why.

Hmmmm… that seems like a significant amount of strength lost.

2 Likes

Ya. It’s too much. Since the rest of my lifts have maintained or gone up, I want to believe it’s weaker because of neglecting it. :sob:

I just need June 1 to come so I can be shredded, play baseball again, get out of my office, and EAT! I’ve got so many planned meals.

2 Likes

True organic eggs, that.

1 Like

3/30

Took the day off, so that I could hit t harder this weekend.

3/31

Morning weight: 212.8 - 1lb down! I need to keep this pace going in order to lose 12 more in the remaining 8 weeks.

4 Likes

3/31

Incline axle bench
Warmed up to 5x5

KB press
3x15
KB Flies
3x10

KB Row
2x20

Trap Bar Incline Bench
1x20
1x12 - 13 was an oh fuck. Bar shifted and I was too tired to balance it. The bar fell forward on me. Lol.

Hammer curls

1 Like

I’m not sure I have ever heard of anybody using a trap bar for incline bench. :smirk:
Hope you’re okay.

1 Like

Neither had I. lol I’ve heard of people doing OHP with it. It’s nice tho because the rom is greater and requires you to use a lot of stabilization.

I’m fine. I just dropped it on me. Pretty light weight.

Maybe there is a reason for that.

1 Like

I have always wanted an exercise named after me.

2 Likes

Nice quads btw!!!

4 Likes

4/1

Axle Rack Pulls
10x135
10x135
10x225
10x225
5x315
5x315
1x405 - wasn’t too difficult. I think my body just isn’t used to loading with more than 315.
10x315
20x225
20x225

Axle Rows
20x135
25x135

I’m going to keep to this type of workout with rack Pulls. Just slowly building up the weight. I know I’ve got more in me, just feels heavier than it is.

3 Likes