Dchris's Grappling with Age

It was so good. I’m feeling the shame today though.

Feel super bloated. Are great today, but still feel bloated and meh.

2/19
Chest day. Did some presses, flies, etc.

2/20

Axle Press
2x135
2x135
2x155
1x175
1x175
1x175
1x175
3x175
5x135

Normal bar clean and press
3x5x135

SGHP
2x10x135

KB swings and crunches

Queue the disappointment at my cheat day. Hopefully tomorrow’s a better day.

2/21

Front squats
5x135
5x135
5x135
5x185
5x185
3x2x205
10x135

Plays squats
15x135

Thrusters with Kbs

I know I am late to the party, but I wanted to say I whole heartedly support your decision to use axle for everything.

Which axle did you end up getting?

4 Likes

I got the ‘Fat Bar’ by OneFitWonder off Amazon. I’m very pleased with it. The paint has held up. it also came with special collars and it weighed 45lbs unlike others at 25.

haha thanks for the support, I’m a bit off from doing a strongman competition, but I’d like to be used to the axle when I do. Also, my forearms have been torched from using it.

3 Likes

This has been my saving grace the last week and a half. It’s made keto so easy. Imagine eating dessert every day and have it meet your caloric needs… I’ll eat one serving of this throughout the day to meet my fat needs. It’s a life saver.

EDIT: I don’t put the coffee powder in. I use mint extract.

2 Likes

3/22

Axle Rack Pulls (from knee)
10x135
10x225
8x5x315 - tried to stay double overhand, but lost it on a few and reverted to mix grip. Weight is easy, but my back is fatiguing quick. Since I’m in a calorie deficit, there’s no reason to push too much. Crazy back pump right now though.

Axle rows
3x15x135
.5x225 - couldn’t hold on. Haha
3x10x185

2 Likes

Took last few days off. Did some swings, but that’s it. Maybe did 200 swings between the two days.

3/25
Morning weight: 213.8 - down 3/4lb.

Morning swings
80 total

Hit in cages for hour

Squats
2x10x135
5x5x225 - felt super heavy and got light headed.
2x10x135 - platz squats

Diet has been solid, maintaining a 75, 23, 2% for my macros. Im going to keep everything where it is, hoping to drop 10-13 more lbs by June 1.

Edit: I had 2 carbs yesterday and none today. Thus my weak feeling. Normally I’ll pick up a sugar or two inadvertently.

2 Likes

3/26

Morning weight was the exact same, 213.8.

80lb KB Swings
100 in 5 sets

Afternoon workout
5 rounds of:
AMRAP flies
AMRAP incline press
AMRAP Lat Pullover

With 40lb Kb in each hand. Did all five rounds without dropping the KBs. Just set them on my chest.

100 sit-ups

I’ve been avoiding chest day all week, I finally just committed and did something. Actually got a really goo pump in my chest and arms.

2 Likes

3/27

Morning Workout
25, 40lb KB snatches

Night workout
Axle Rack Pull
2x10x185
2x10x225
2x3x315
2x315 - was gonna go for 405 today, but my lower back got tight on rep 2.

Axle Rows
3x15x135

Trap Bar Incline Bench
8x10-15x105 - this was surprising cool. Because I used the high handle, it was a much better stretch due to increase ROM. I did a set in between rack pulls. Kind of a bitch to set up, I’ll probably incorporate it into pump work tho.

80lb Kb Row
Idkx20 - lol was bbqing and walked by the garage to the grill and say to myself “meh, I’ll swing some”

Had a great pump in traps and back today, as well as chest. I had about 15 grams of carbs preworkout and it worked wonders. Probably keep it no carb for a week and see how weights doing with the slight boost.

2 Likes

@ChickenLittle we got some little chickens this weekend.

5 Likes

Awwww… they are cuties! How many, five? Do you have some sand/grit in there for them? Now, you will have to build or buy a coop.

Yep! We got three on Friday. My wife really wanted a silkie so she got two of them today.

There’s a bit, I had to upgrade their home, when my wife got two more.

I’m working on some plans for the coop. Hopefully it’ll happen next weekend. It’s kind of fun, they peck at the walls while I workout. It’s like my own cheerleaders. Haha

1 Like

Silkies are fun. I thought I saw a top-knot on that ones head.

I don’t know what I was thinking, my fat ass shot up to 222lbs.

Check the battery :weary:

1 Like

Old ladies sold baby chicks in front of grade schools in S. Korea back in the early 90s.

I bought them from time to time because they’re adorable.

Unfortunately, they mostly died within a couple of weeks. Most houses were simply not equipped to raise chicks.

I do recall a friend actually managing to raise one all the way up to adulthood. Don’t remember what they did afterwards.

@dchris really motivational to see u so consistent with ur diet and training even in the chaotic times. Keep up the good work!

I keep seeing ‘Platz squats’ in ur logs… What are they?

1 Like

Thanks man!

Here’s a YouTube video. Basically very narrow stances, pause squats focusing on the quads.

@magick they are pretty cute. Kind of wish they wouldn’t grow up, but on the other hand… they’re so high Maintenace, I want them to grow up. Haha. I can imagine. It took us a few hours just to get the right amount of heat for them.

@ChickenLittle I ended up drinking 3/4 gallon of water between 915-945. I go to bed at 10 and probably woke up six times that I remember. I woke up this morning at 215, so 7lbs of water weight due to 15 grams of carbs!!!

3/28
Morning Workout
Goblet Squat 80lb KB - 50
Thrusters 2 40lb Kb - 50
Crunches - 50

I need to do abz. I never do and it (doesn’t) shows.

3 Likes

15 grams of carbs :joy: Your pancreas must hate you! Ditto on the ab thing :smirk:

1 Like

Me: Mmmm ‘Safeway Chicken Strips!’

My Pancreas: If you eat that, I’m going to baloon up like a whale.

Me: buuuut I hate shopping. Just a lil bite

My Pancreas:

4 Likes