Dchris's Grappling with Age

Damn, I’ve got nothing in the tank. Tried to hit legs. 135 felt heavy regardless of front or back squats.

5x5 x135 front squats
5x10x135 back squats
2x3x135 paused platz squats
2x10x95 Yogi lunges

/dead

1 Like

No love for the new toy?

1 Like

My excitement for my new toy was unmatched by my lack of energy.

Current status, as well as how I was last night.

In other news, woke up at 216 on the dot. Only logical thing to do was to shave my head. I now weight 215.6. Jkjk

EDIT: use the restroom, re-weighed myself at 215.6. Woo!

4 Likes

Can’t have too many gifs! Speaking of which, do you pronounce them as gifs or jifs?

I have a gif keyboard. I have millions at my disposal. Also, I avoid saying it out loud, because I never know. I did hear someone on Tv say Jif lately.

Funny story, my best friend lives in NZ, several years ago we reunited after 4 years of not seeing each other. He started laughing and asked me if I had seen this ‘Me Me’. Lol! He meant ‘meme’.

2 Likes

2/20

Chest
3x10 incline Bench
3x10 decline bench
1x13x135 cleans

@brady888’s video made me want to try. I was feeling good until rep 12 and 13. At which point Keto fatigue kicked in. Immediately light headed and felt like passing out.

Rough day at work. Was feeling great, then one conference call changes everything.

Also, now have to travel tomorrow and won’t be back until Thursday. Which means morning cardio and I’ll have dumbells, but food becomes more of a challenge.

3 Likes

When you finally lose your first pound of the month… you celebrate with cool whip and mint truffle balls.

Edit: this is one reason why Keto could be permanent for me. Sushi and pad Thai are my weakness though.

1 Like

So… The 135lbs hang clean for reps challenge is now a thing? haha. Wait till my wrist is recovered haha!

2 Likes

Don’t make it a challenge @dchris. I’ll end up shooting for 50 and vomiting all over myself.

2 Likes

50?! :flushed::flushed: I hope you aren’t single…

If I wasn’t in Keto and actually did cleans, I might get half that.

Is this implying some sort of prowess at lovemaking, or a typo?

… your forearms might not work for a week or two after 50 reps.

1 Like

I was thinking more violent repetitive hip extension, you were thinking the opposite. Understood.

6 Likes

When great minds come from opposite ends and meet in the middle!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

2/21

Morning weight: no idea

Got a hotel workout last night.
20 mins of slight incline LISS
Series of 50lb DB Rows, rear felt flies, lateral raises and DV pullover

2/22

Morning weight: no idea

720 - woke up
728 - step on treadmill
730 - calendar alarm for a meeting at 8
733 - frantically getting dressed and ready
741 - in car driving to meeting with superintendent
802 - walk into meeting. Superintendent forgot about it :weary:
905 - walk in to hotel gym, treadmills taken
906 - 20 minutes on bike. Serious quad pump some how.

So… now working from hotel room. Not quite the leisure morning I wanted.

2 Likes

Ordered some brisket and butter for lunch today. It sparked lots of fun conversations about Keto.

Been feeling much leaner last two days. Top four abs show at all times now. Not just in morning. I do feel really small though. Specifically shoulders and arms.

2 Likes

2/23

Morning weight: unknown

Morning cardio: 20 minutes liss

Night workout:
5x5x225 - BS. Probably a PR as this was high bar narrow stance and I usually squat sumo.

5x10x235 - Trap Bar Deadlifts

I’ve ate perfectly these last few days, hoping that shows on the scale. Although, it doesn’t feel like I’m in Keto. It could be Ive been running around so much I can’t think about eating, but I’m feeling good. Had energy for workouts, etc.

My bday is this weekend and everyone has all but demanded I come out of Keto. So, I’ll probably destroy all my progress come Saturday morning-Sunday night. Oh well.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll destroy all your progress by coming out of Keto. Usually, you are much quicker at re-entering Keto if you just pop out of it for one day? I’d say just worry about keeping your calories in check and maybe being a little more active on those days then you would be otherwise and you should make up for it.

Tell them to be supportive (aka fk off hahaha). Your birthday is about you. They should make you some of that Keto dessert that fits your macros and go do your favorite lift with you.

LOL can you tell I have had that conversation before?

That being said, Sleeper is right and you should enjoy your Bday guilt free!!!

Maybe avoid the scale for a few days after because the glycogen should inflate that (or step on it and use it as motivation).

1 Like

Bahahaha That’s funny. Seriously, I was told not to worry about my birthday. It would all be a surprise and take the weekend, which really means I’ll be doing stuff my wife wants to do. Like get an AirBnB in the city and be far away from my home gym and my reading chair and bar cart.

I’m thinking of ditching the scale for 2 weeks. I’ve been thinking about it too much.

I’ve also been debating take a break from keto for the month of march. I’ve thought a bit about doing low carb, with rice, or similar carb source, after a workout.

Morning Workout

3x5x135lb - Hang cleans
4x25 - Band Pull Aparts

@robstein - What would you suggest for leaving keto and implementing carbs again?

I’ve been around 2,500 calories. 200F, 150P, <20C

2 Likes