Dchris's Grappling with Age

So glad you asked! I don’t think it would be a tough transition, you’d really just have to be consistent, slow and steady with it as you transition out to ensure the best results without going overboard and gaining excess fat. I’ll use an example of one of my best friends and clients, @HeraWynn1 has been on keto for months to lose some very stubborn fat and he’s been doing great, and about 3-4 weeks ago we started transitioning him out of it. We’ve been able to add carbs while cutting cals, and he’s been losing more weight still and doing really well with it. Also raising protein. His Transformation log has some more details too. T-ransformation 2017: HeraWynn1's Blog - #14 by HeraWynn1

A slow and steady approach with low GI carbs, 20-25g a week is what we’ve been doing. We started by adding an apple pre workout for the first 7-8 days. After he lost another pound or two and we knew his body adjusted, we subbed out some cals for breakfast and instead of 3 eggs and bacon, we did 2 eggs with 1 slice of ezekiel bread on his training days, off days were still full keto. We recently added EZ bread on his off days so now getting carbs on all days. We’re about to add more and are going to do 1/2 cup rolled oats pre workout and add 1 more piece EZ bread in the mornings. Eventually we’ll toss in higher GI before his workouts like a Finibar, and adding carbs at other meals aside from breakfast and pre-workout.

The cool thing is we’re able to cut cals while adding carbs and protein back in. For example, instead of a meal of 1oz pepperoni and 2oz grass fed cheese, we switched to 6oz tuna or chicken breast and veggies with 1oz cheese. Filling, tasty and less cals as we’re still trying to cut.

So, going by your current macros, something like this might be good.

Week 1 (or until you lose more scale weight, maybe 7-10 days) - Training days - 170p, 40c, ~170f = ~2,350 cals. Non training days still full keto.
Week 2 - Training days - 190p, 65c, ~140f = ~2300 cals. Non training days switch to the previous week’s training days.

So on and so forth, 20-25g carbs added per week, also raising protein until you get to 1g per pound. I’d recommend staying away from the higher GI carbs except for before pre workout only for a while.

In my opinion this is the best way to do it to ensure your body adapts and you can keep cutting. If you wanted to maintain obviously you’d keep overall cals the same and adjust macros.

Hope this helps man, you can always shoot me an email anytime brother! It’s my username at verizon dot net.

3 Likes