T-ransformation 2017: LittleSleeper's Log

Here we go folks. It is 2017 and time to tear the cloth off of the statue I’ve been building for the past few years. I’ve done mini cuts here and there to keep my fat mass under control, but I have never fully dedicated my training/nutrition to getting lean or shredded.

I plan to compete in my first ever Strongman competition this coming Spring so my workouts will still revolve around increasing/maintaining strength, but I will perform some complexes, increase training density and add cardio to aid in fat loss as well.

I’m currently in Week 3 of 5/3/1 Young Jim Wendler’s Template and I’m loving it. The 3 days per week fits my lifestyle so I intend on running this for most (or all) of my cut. Once my calories become more restrictive I presume I will have to take a slightly more conservative training max, but we will feel this out as we go.

I have enrolled in a college course that takes place every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-10pm and Saturdays from 8am-4pm beginning in February and ending in June. This leaves my workouts to Mon., Wed., Fri., with Sat. evening or Sunday being my ‘bonus’ workout likely consisting of some farmer’s walks, cardio, circuits and complexes.

Current Stats
This current cycle of 5/3/1 I used the following:

Height: 5’9"
Weight: 212.6lbs (A.M. fasted)
Arms: 15.5"
Forearms: 13.75"
Hips: 42"
Shoulders: 53"
Waist (love handles): 35.25"
Chest: 43"
Neck: 17"
Thighs: 25.25"
Calves: 16.75"

I received the “Maximum Muscle Bible” for Christmas (by CT and Paul Carter) and really enjoyed the straight forward nutrition recommendations. I will plan my calories accordingly:

Week 1: BW x 15 (maintenance) - remove all junk that is currently in my diet. 1g Protein /lb BW
Week 2: BW x 14
Week 3: BW x 13
Week 4: BW x 12 - Up protein to 1.5g/lb BW
Week 5: BW x 12
Week 6: BW x 11
Week 7: BW x 10 - stay here until desired level of body fat is reached (with refeeds depending on progress)

5 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hey Sleeper, Time to Wake the F#$% Up!