T-ransformation 2017: Colucci's Log

Know the old saying “A lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client”? Well, it doesn’t always apply to trainers too, but for me, sometimes it kinda does. Hi, my name’s Chris, and I have occasional flare-ups of training ADD.

I’m usually okay figuring out and sticking to my own plans, but for whatever reason, I was getting too fidgety with the last approach and kept tweaking things for no legit reason. I decided that I wanted/needed to be able to say “Coach says do this” and just play the role of the lifter. So, I fell back onto a coach whose routines, after I follow them, I say to myself “I feel pretty good and, gosh darnit, I think I look not-too-bad.” Waterbury.

I paid cash money and picked up a copy of Huge in a Hurry and am following the Get Lean program. It’s a 16-week plan (which obviously extends past our target date, but that’s not a bad thing) and I’m in the second week of it.

In a nutshell, the programming is based on rotating loads (heavy, medium, and light days) and a focus a total volume instead of a specific set/rep scheme per exercise. Very similar/almost identical to what he describes as the 25 Rep Method. He also talked about the book and its methods here.

Tuesday’s workout:

A1) Chin-up 20 total reps, 45s rest

A2) Dip 20 total reps, 45s rest

B) Front squat 20 total reps, 45s rest

C) Machine crunch 20 total reps, 45s rest

D) Bike intervals - 10 minutes. 45 seconds resistance 5/80-90 rpm, 15 seconds resistance 20/100-110 rpm

3 Likes

Today’s morning weight: 209.1. The weekly highs and lows are both headed down, so that’s good.

Pics from today. I think those are abs coming in, but I’m not totally sure. #FurryGuyProblems:

12-week comparison pics. Okay, yeah, maybe abs on the way:

Side 12-week comparison pics. Meh. But the numbers are on track, so I got that going for me:

4 Likes

Thursday’s food:

1 - Bigass coffee with stevia

2 - Protein pancake (2 eggs, 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Tbsp rice flour, 2 Tbsp flax, 2tsp cinnamon, 1 cup blueberries, splash of water) [playing with the recipe. Rice flour seems to make it super dry.]; 4 Flameout

3a - Indigo-3G
3a - 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3c - 1 scoop Plazma

4 - Farmer’s omelet (eggs, peppers, onions, ham, bacon, sausage); about 1 1/2 cups home fries (sliced potatoes with some onion)

5 - 2 scoops Mag-10, 4 Flameout

2 Likes

Thursday’s training:

A1) 1-arm elbow-out row 35 total reps, 60 seconds between sets
A2) 1-arm standing DB press 35 total reps, 60 seconds between sets
A3) Staggered stance 2-DB RDL 35 total reps, 60 seconds between sets

B) Kneeling cable woodchopper 35 total reps, 60 seconds between sets

C) Bike intervals - 10 minutes. 45s resistance 5/80-90 rpm, 15s resistance 20/100-110 rpm

1 Like

Struggle is real.

5 Likes

Tuesday’s morning weight: 210.4

Wednesday’s food:

1. Spike orange

2. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive in water; 3 eggs, 2 cups spinach, 1 slice cheddar; 4 Flameout

3a) Indigo-3G
3b) Grabbed dinner out. Awesome pulled pork sandwich; small salad with some kind of house balsamic vinagrette; Diet Coke.

1. 2 scoops Mag-10, 4 Flameout.
2 Likes

Sunday’s food:

1. Kielbasa with horseradish; hard-boiled eggs; baked ham; brisket; green beans; grilled vegetables; roasted potatoes; more baked ham; biscuits; Coke Zero; fruit salad; apple crumb pie; cheese babka; kruschiki; butter cookies; petit fours; coffee w/ stevia.

That’s all.

(To be fair, there was also Hot-Rox and Indigo and a 10-minute KB swing session, so it’s all good, right?)

3 Likes

I don’t think I would have bothered with the stevia in the coffee at that point. I would just went for broke.
:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Don’t you know, liquid calories make people fat. Duh. I’m cutting here.

5 Likes

Still alive. Tuesday’s morning weight: 206.1. Bright side, it’s a new all-time low. Down side, it’s only about 2 pounds from the last “new low” a month ago. Slow and steady, emphasis on slow?

Tuesday food:

1. Bigass coffee, stevia.

2. 2 and a half scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 cup steel-cut oats, 1tsp cinnamon, half an apple; 4 Flameout.

3a pre-pre) Indigo-3g
3b pre) 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3c during) 1 scoop Plazma

1. Homemade tacos. On a Tuesday. Who’d’ve guessed? Much ground beef, 4 soft corn tortillas, salsa (no sugar, just tomato, onion, green pepper), 1 Tbsp sour cream, 2Tbsp shredded cheese. Much Frank’s Red Hot.

2. 2 scoops Mag-10, 4 Flameout

1 Like

Started Phase 2 of Waterbury’s plan this week. Last week was what he calls a “loading week”, basically the opposite of a deload, where it was one week of much heavier, much lower rep work to stay in touch with heavy stuff during a fat loss phase. Kinda brilliant.

Tuesday training:

A1) Kneeling 1-arm pulldown 35 total reps, 55 seconds between sets

A2) Standing 1-arm cable press 35 total reps, 55 seconds between sets

A3) Reverse lunge 35 total reps, 55 seconds between sets

B) Standing cable woodchop. 35 total reps, 55 seconds between sets

C) Bike intervals - 12 minutes. 45 seconds resistance 5/80-90 rpm, 15 seconds resistance 20/105-115 rpm

Also want to mention that I’ll be away for the next week. Getting wedded this Saturday, then taking a few days to chill with new Mrs. C. I figure what better way to make sure I don’t swoop in for the win than to take a week off one month before the end date. :wink:

You all play nice and listen to the Mods, as always. Kthxbye.

5 Likes

It’s gonna be total anarchy around here!!

1 Like

Do I need to deputize you to keep an eye on PWI? :lol:

The power would go right to my head…

Congrats to you and future Mrs C! Have an awesome time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might as well give Zep the title ‘forum dictator’ while Chris C is gone. He can rule PWI with an iron fist.

2 Likes

You are right on track to win T-ransformation … 2020

1 Like

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

2 Likes

Harsh, but fair.

3 Likes