T-ransformation 2017: Colucci's Log

Yesterday’s morning weight: 210.6. Lowest so far, so that’s a plus.

Pics from today:

8 weeks comparison pics. Not a huge visual difference:

8 weeks comparison pics. More noticeable difference than the front pics, basically the reverse of last month. Hey, body, if I could start seeing progress from the front and the side, that’d be great, thanks:

2 Likes

Definitely seeing less “curvature” in the love handle area in the front pics, and the arms are more defined in the side pics

Keep it up Colooch

2 Likes

Thanks, man. It’s weird that I have one side more “curvy” than the other. I don’t think it’s a postural issue, it’s just, like, one love handle being more stubborn than the other. Who knew that was a thing?

I’m not going to stress too much yet since there’s still plenty of work overall to do. If it’s still more than the other side after another 15+ pounds, then I’ll care more.

Tuesday’s morning weight: 210.1. Onward and upward. Err, downward.

Wednesday’s food:

1. Coffee with stevia

2. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive in water; 3 whole eggs in butter, 2 handfuls Normandy veg; 1 slice multi-grain toast

3a pre-pre) Indigo-3G
3b pre) 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3c) during) 1 scoop Plazma

1. 2 cups white rice; half a plate of spinach; 1 1/2 chicken breasts (homemade chicken picatta - lemon, capers, white wine, parsley, no breading, skinless chicken)

2. 2oz Laphroaig

3. 2 scoops Mag-10

Since we’ve buckled down into the final 12 weeks, I switched up the cardio. Dropped the 20 minutes post-workout (4 days a week), plugged in 30 minutes in the morning (5 days a week) after the AM coffee or Spike but before breakfast.

Not really making big diet changes yet, so I still have that in the back pocket along with re-introducing post-workout cardio if necessary. The increased weekly work (150 minutes cardio up from 80) and benefit of two training sessions per day (AM cardio, PM weights) should bring good stuff.

Wednesday’s training:

A1) Military press 3RM ramp
A2) Neutral-grip chin-up 7x4-7

B1) Reverse-grip pulldown 4x8-12
B2) Lateral raise w/ 1-count pause 4x10-15 30 seconds rest

C1) J-rope pull 3xX (20,15,13)
C2) 45-degree pull 3xX (15,15,10) 30 seconds rest

D) Machine shoulder press 3xX (25,12,12) 30 seconds rest

E1) Overhead extension 3x10-15
E2) Zottman curl 3x10-12 45 seconds rest

2 Likes

I have been loving some Laphroaig in a Rob Roy lately.

Good call. I don’t mind a Manhattan once in a while when I’m out, but turns out I think I’m just not a Scotch guy. I just can’t get used to the smokey, peaty, thick flavor. I’ve tried Bowmore, some other one, and this. Just not digging it.

1 Like

Monday’s food:

1. Brain Candy soda (Original Brain Candy in 1 can of unflavored Seltzer)

2. 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup blueberries

3. “Taco bake” (ground beef, black beans, serrano peppers, salsa, shredded cheese)

4. 2 scoops Mag-10, 5g creatine

Had a ton of errands, couldn’t grab the usual workout but got the AM bike done. Will train today and then shovel the “blizzard”. We were expecting 12+ inches, but it only ended up being about 4. That’s what she said.

Tuesday morning weight: 211.4

3 Likes

I thought I’d just leave this here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRnxaN6DhQ_/

6 Likes

Likewise.

Maybe it’s because I drank bourbon “first” so that created this image in my mind of what “whiskey” should taste like, I don’t know.

1 Like

What kind of Scotch have you guys tried? I’m a bourbon man myself too, but Macallan makes a very good scotch.

@MarkKO lol, you’re a nut, dude!

2 Likes

[quote=“MarkKO, post:49, topic:225145, full:true”]
I thought I’d just leave this here[/quote]
Ha! So… Eskimo Farmer’s Walk? Forget that.I still prefer my bend, scoop, toss to the side method so the rotation really hits the obliques. :laughing:

1 Like

Tuesday’s training, in-home due to snow:
A) KB Front squat 4x10-12
B1) 2-point row 4x12-15 (45 sec. rest)
B2) Reverse lunge 4x8-12
C) Open palm clean and bottom-half press 4x6-10
D) Horn hammer curl 2xX (22,17) 1-count pause at mid-point. 30 seconds rest

Then shortly after, shoveling snow in roundabout 12-pound shovel-fulls for about 45 minutes. (Yeah, I was curious because it was a slushy mix and not just fluffy snow, so I measured. I’m a dork.).

1 Like

Sounds like you just need to drink more scotch to find what you like. :wink:

2 Likes

[quote=“usmccds423, post:51, topic:225145”]
What kind of Scotch have you guys tried? I’m a bourbon man myself too, but Macallan makes a very good scotch.[/quote]
Clan McGregor that was super-cheap for a screw-top jug, Bowmore Legend a long while back, JW Black, and the Laphroaig. Most of them were just too “heavy” I think. I’ll stick with my 'Murican ryes and bourbons, leave the fancy stuff to you guys. :wink:

Dude, I’m already a sorta-regular at this great little liquor store within walking distance from my house (That probably doesn’t sound good). I shouldn’t be starting this hobby. It’s too expensive.

1 Like

Try the double black when you get a chance. It’s much better.

2 Likes

Japanese whisky is very light, you may like that.

1 Like

Agreed. You might like Hibiki and Yamazaki. IIRC Hakushu is slightly peated. Nikka is great too, and inexpensive.

1 Like

You guys suck. My local place did get a shelf of a few Japanese whiskeys a few months ago and I’ve been ignoring it on purpose. Looks like I might have to check them out.

1 Like

Still been at it. Tuesday’s morning weight: 208.3. Lowest yet. Lowest weight in recent memory, actually. That’s cool, but I don’t think I look it. We’ll see in a bit, taking the monthly progress pics later this week.

Tuesday food:

1. Spike Energy orange gold

2. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive in water; 3 eggs, 1 cup spinach; 4 Flameout.

3a pre-pre) Indigo-3g
3b pre) 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3c during) 1 scoop Plazma

1. Roast chicken (1 thigh, 1 drumstick, 1 wing); 1 cup Swiss Chard; 1 small baked potato, 1Tbsp sour cream; 2Tbsp bbq sauce; 1 glass red wine.

2. 2 scoops Mag-10

1 Like