T-ransformation 2017: Colucci's Log

Revamped training, bumping up to 4 training days per week. Upper/lower split, also known as back (rows)/chest/biceps, legs, back (pulldowns)/shoulders/arms, legs. The additional training day increases weekly activity, including more cardio. Should improve fat loss in general before needing to tweak nutrition more.

A) Seated cable row 2x15-20

B1) Deadstop dip 4xX (11,11,9,7)
B2) 1-arm DY row 4x6-10

C1) Flat barbell bench 4x8-12
C2) Face pull 4x10-15

D) Pec-deck 1 1/2 reps (extra peak contraction) 3xX (10,8,7)

E) Wide neutral Hammer Strength row 3xX (15,11,9)

F1) Alt. hammer curl 3x6-8
F2) High incline curl 3xX (15,8,8)

G1) Lying leg arc 4x20
G2) Max incline treadmill 3x5min.

I trained in the afternoon then went back at night to train my lady. While we were there, I saw a dude who could very likely be an IFBB pro incline bench 405x11. I’m counting that as a spectator PR, as I’ve never seen something like that in real life. Ridiculous and awesome. Reason #19 why I love my gym.

4 Likes

Good to hear it worked and mostly that you’re better.

1 Like

Just wanted to post this because it’s bananas. The local forecast for my area. Almost 60 today, but expecting 6-10 inches of snow tonight and all day tomorrow. Go home, Mother Nature. You’re drunk.

Planned on resting today, but will go hit upper body later so I don’t have to trek in the snow tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s workout:

A) Front squat 5x4-6

B) Leg press 3x25-30 (This was a mistake. Killed me. Should’ve been last exercise of the day)

C) RDL 4x8-12

D1) Hanging knee raise 4x15-20
D2) Max incline treadmill 3x5min.

1 Like

Following.

1 Like

Basically what happened in Pittsburgh last 2 days as well. I walked home and broke a sweat two days ago because it was 60 degrees at 6 PM. Last night we got 6 inches of snow. By the weekend it’s supposed to be back into the 50’s.

2 Likes

Any chance you’re around for next Sunday? I bumped the meetup thread the other week.

2 Likes

[quote=“ActivitiesGuy, post:26, topic:225145”]
it was 60 degrees at 6 PM[/quote]
Ha, right? Last night it was still in the high 40s and clear skies around 7 last night. I was like, “Well, maybe they got it wrong?” But they didn’t…

A few days ago vs. a few minutes ago. (That’s my 20+ year old Cap barbell that sits out in the yard all the time.)

3 Likes

Wednesday’s food:

1. Coffee with stevia; 4 eggs in coconut oil, 2 handfuls Normandy veg, 1 1/2 cups white rice

2. Can of water-packed tuna, 1Tbsp mayo, 1 stalk celery, couple dashes turmeric, black pepper, garlic salt

3a pre-pre) Indigo-3G
3b pre) 1 scoop Plazma, 5g creatine
3c during) 1 scoop Plazma

1. 4 soft corn tortillas, about 1 1/2 cups ground beef, salsa, 2Tbsp sour cream (taco night)

2. 2 scoops Mag-10

I am around and plan on showing if it’s at Synergy again, was just lurking to see what happened.

Did you shovel yet? It’s brutal.

2 Likes

Wednesday’s training:

A1) Clean and press 5x5,4,3,2,1
A2) Neutral-grip chin 5xX (7,7,5,5,4)

B1) Reverse-grip pulldown 4x8-12
B2) Lateral raise 4x10-15 (1-count pause at top)

C1) Kneeling J-rope pulldown 3xX (20,15,12)
C2) Kneeling 45-degree rope pull 3xX (15,10,10) 30 seconds rest

D) Machine Shoulder Press 3xX (20,15,11) 30 seconds rest

E1) Zottman curl 3x10-12
E2) Overhead extension 3x10-15

F1) Side crunch 4x15-20
F2) Max incline treadmill 3x5min.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t pretending to be Synergy during that last back superset (C1/C2).

1 Like

Cool, man.

Ha, no shoveling yet. I’m letting it quiet down a bit and figured I’d get a pot of soup started so it’s ready when I’m done. But of course I already made a path for the dog in the backyard, so that’s something.

I did about 45 minutes, heart rate up to 136. Today was supposed to be shoulders and tris but turned out to be back on the snow, lol.

I teach HS, first class at 7:21 AM. . . pretty sure that ain’t gonna happen

Little bit to catch up on. Shoveled for about an hour total that night (Thursday). That was a very “functional” way to get in the ab work+cardio combo, whatwith a couple hundred snow-loaded scoop and twists.

Friday’s morning weight: 210.6.

Friday’s Workout, at home because it was still nasty walking outside:

A1) Reverse lunge 4x10-12
A2) Single-leg RDL 4x8-10

B1) King deadlift 4x5-8
B2) Glute bridge 4xX (15,13,12,12)

C1) Reverse crunch 4x15-20
C2) Bike 3x5min.

1 Like

Saturday, I was a Darwin award recipient. I took a cast iron pan out of a 450-degree oven, forgot to use a glove. Sometimes, I’m not very bright.

Going to be an interesting training week working around this. Already figuring I’ll “open palm” any pressing and figure something out for back work.

3 Likes

Monday, had to run into the city. Missed the gym but had two quick-paced 40-minute walks in the city, to and from the train.

Monday’s food:

1. Coffee with stevia; protein pancakes (2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 eggs, 1Tbsp ground flax, 1Tbsp Bisquick mix, 1tsp cinnamon, splash of whole milk, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1/2 diced apple)

2a) Indigo-3G
2b) Grabbed Chinese: pint of hot and sour soup; about 1 cup diced boneless ribs; pint of “hot and spicy diced chicken” (green peppers, carrots, celery, chicken [thigh??], peanuts); fortune cookie; can of caffeine-free Diet Coke.

1. 2 scoops Mag-10, 5g creatine.

Tuesday’s morning weight: 211.4.

Will head up to the gym later today.

1 Like

Ouch!!!

Pretty much. To be fair, I should’ve said “I tried to take a cast iron pan out of a 450-degree oven.”

I opened the oven door, started reaching for the pan, and had a whole conversation in my head. “Wait, what are you doing?” [reaches further in] “No, don’t do that.” [wraps fingers around pan handle] “Dude, what the fucking fuck?” [sees Ove-Glove on the counter, waits for pain to register] “Well at this point, you know we kinda deserve it, dummy.” [release grip, yell, curse, stomp] I didn’t actually get the pan out of the oven.

1 Like

Lucky you didn’t get it half way out and spill the contents on other body parts. :scream:

1 Like

Been on track, just haven’t had a chance to update. This story gives me a great reason to post… Hit the gym yesterday, went into the boxing area they have setup right next to the weight room to do my mobility warm-up as usual.

As I walk in, there’s a 6 or 7-year old kid playing with some foam rollers, no other adults in the room but a group of 4 guys are in the squat rack closest the boxing room’s doorway, so I figure he’s with them. No big deal. Then he bops me with a foam roller.

Me: “That wasn’t nice.”

Kid: “You’re it now. We’re gonna play hide and seek.”

Me: “Sorry man, I’m in a little hurry. I can’t.”

Kid: “One round, please. I’ll hide and you find me. Count to 10.””

Me: “ Okay, fine.” [counts to 10, finds him in two seconds hiding under the ring apron.]

Kid: “One more round. Count from zero to 20 this time.”

Me: “Last round, really. Anyway, who are you?”

Kid: “I’m Achilles. I’m Big Baby’s son.”

Me: [has no idea who or what Big Baby is] “Neat. I’m Chris. Okay, go. 1, 2, 3…”

Kid: “FROM ZERO!”

Me: “0, 1, 2, 3…” [counts to 20. Looks around, seems like he left the boxing area and went into the gym. Game over, begin leg day.]

20 minutes later, during leg curls, he comes over while eating a cookie and starts climbing on the nearby equipment. Buddy of mine happens over, starts talking to him.

Buddy: “Hey little man, how’s the champ doing today? He here training?” [kid nods, eats more cookie, wanders off.]

Me: “So, who’s his dad?”

Buddy: “You don’t know Big Baby? Jarrell. Number 3 ranked heavyweight in the world. Knocks guys out cold, man. Real monster but he’s a real nice guy. He’s like 275 right now.”

Kid comes back, plays on more equipment. I have to stop mid-set to avoid kicking him when I curl. Two guys walk over.

Buddy: “Big Baby, man, what’s happening?”

Big Baby: “Achilles, leave that man alone while he’s working out.”

Me: “No worries. We already played hide and seek to warm-up.”

Big Baby laughs, takes Achilles and leaves. I finish training. Soon as I get home, of course I look up Big Baby:

Turns out he is ranked #3 in the WBO Heavyweight division. He also did some kickboxing a few years ago, including going the distance in two fights against CroCop. Glad I at least made him laugh, so we’re basically best friends now.

10 Likes