T-ransformation 2017: Colucci's Log

For sure. This plan should roll until the first week of July, then I have a month or so to keep things going to the August Check-in.

Really digging this particular routine. The “medium” day is actually the biggest asskicker. Left arm pull, right arm pull, little rest, left arm press, right arm press, little rest, left leg exercise, right leg exercise, little rest, repeat 4 or 5 more times. Just a ton of work that feels basically nonstop.

The book in general is pretty solid too. Anyone already familiar with CW’s info will see a lot of familiar principles (not too many mentions of 10x3 though, unless I missed them). It’s got six full programs - Get Big, Get Even Bigger, Get Strong, Get Even Stronger, Get Lean, and a 3-week intro/prep routine Get Ready.

I haven’t sat down and read it straight through though. One thing, the whole book is about 330 pages and about 100 of them are exercise descriptions (several chapters breaking down different lifts, everything from squats and deadlifts to cleans and snatches to, literally, 13 different cable row variations). That could be a plus or a minus, depending on what you’re looking for.

But it does also cover some of the science behind the how and why of his methods, some solid nutrition info, even a few (very basic) plans for cutting water as a finishing touch.

Definitely can’t hurt to grab a copy. I got one used/Like-New on Amazon for $25, but there are less-expensive ones out there (it’s about half that much on Kindle).

4 Likes