T-ransformation 2017: Benanything's Log

These looked fun, except the flip flop part.

I think this is “Squat Stance”. Ed Coan used these.

2 Likes

Eh, does help with the penguin look…

2 Likes

Dude, you had 160KG if you ground that out. The bar path was good aside from being a tiny bit forward, your joints were in line aside from your hips rising from the bar being forward, and your speed was also good.

What was your old PR? And congrats on making it through smolov. I made it through RSR, and immediately hit a clean and jerk PR after not being drowned in fatigue.

2 Likes

I think the most I’ve ever pulled conventional was 170 or 175, can’t really recall to be honest. A lil too lazy to check my training log for it either.

I’m preparing myself for the intensification phase so I’m only half done, haha.

1 Like

##PHOTOS
okay, more like photo

walked by the mirror and thought my legs look pretty big-ish? so I figured I’d take a photo cause I’m a self loving narcissist like that. I’ve never had striations of any sorts on my legs (or anywhere for that matter). Can’t wait to see striations on my legs, that’s the goal at least. I wonder if my legs will look at least a little flattering.

on a side note, what body fat do you reckon this guy is and is it maintainable for an extended period of time

##Journal Entry

Funny enough, I’ve been eating like shit for the past couple of days since it’s Chinese New Year and I lost weight. Woke up at 74kgs on the 30/1/2017.

1 Like

Ten or under. Not sure how sustainable, although Paul Carter walks around close to or maybe even beyond that so there is a way.

2 Likes

They already are a strong point imo. It is all about proportions so wear the medium length shorts. Legs are usually not talked about like abs or glutes but they are extremely underrated when attracting mates.

I think the photo is 9-11%. No insane vascularity or even deep ab cuts… it really depends on how much lighting etc is being abused haha. It could be even higher.

There are “ways” to maintain that 9-11% year round but nothing I could in good conscience recommend.

4 Likes

Hard to know looking from a pic percentage wise, probably 6/7% I would guess, and would imagine it’s most definitely not sustainable if he’s a natural. Assisted, possibly sustainable, but would still be tough.

2 Likes

##30/1/2017
woke up at 74kgs

##FOOD
4:00AM - pineapple tarts
2:00PM - chicken rice x1.5 and chinese sausage and yakult x2
7:00PM - reese’s bar
8:00PM - 200g strip loin and mash/coselaw on the sides and heineken 500ml
10:00PM - 2 carona 500ml 1 asahi 500ml
11:00PM - 3 mcnuggets
11:30PM - beef kebab
11:50PM - 5-7? jager bombs.

4000 calories and 170g of protein?

I know, I’m ashamed of myself too

2 Likes

##31/1/2017
woke up at 74.8kgs

##FOOD
12:00PM - chicken rice x1.5
4:00PM - beef wrap with mac and cheese
6:00PM - monster energy
7:30PM - dimsum stuff

pathetic 2000-ish calories and I don’t even want to think about how little protein there was

Who’d think you can get so carried away with studying that you forget to eat? Get your shit together Ben.

##Training
entered gym at 2:00PM

Barbell Rows
40kgs x5
60kgs x5
80kgs x4
105kgs x5x3

I guess this would be a PR weight and rep/sets and it’s beltless but honestly, I don’t care.

Deadlift
60kgs
conventional x5x3
quasi x2x3
tried one really wide sumo x3
quasi x2x3

Squat
60kgs x5
75kgs x3x5

Pin Squats
75kgs x2x3

pins were basically my ass to grass

1 Like

##Journal Entry
Well, things have been pretty hectic and they still are but at least I should be done with my projects soon. Exams be the 20-ish of this month so expect things to take a hit.

As for training, it’s my deload period for my squats so I’m adding other stuff in. Currently doing this, Tip: The Best Chest Exercise You've Never Tried. I’m only 3 days in and I’ve gotten some of the best(and only) chest pumps I’ve gotten. Will see how far I can take this. Oh but I’m doing it without the swiss ball, just trying to mind muscle connection squeeze the shit out of it.

As for my daily life, I’m currently in a world of annoyance and somewhat discomfort. Went to the hospital yesterday and I got my other hand looked at. Apparently both my hands have the same exact injury, a minor ligament tear of sorts… This a bummer but oh wells, I’ll work around it. Time to work them legs till I look like a T-Rex.

On top of that, I’ve been taking cold showers every morning and holy shit, they suck so fucking much. I have no idea where I got this idea from. I know for a fact I’ve read about it from @T3hPwnisher’s blog. At the same time I recall watching an interview with Dimitry Klokov where it was said that during his youth, the first thing he did every morning was take a dip in this cold pool they had in the backyard, regardless of the weather. Even when it’s snowing.

##PHOTOS
more like photo, singular

took this photo right after I did the whole chest squeeze thing and before writing this.

I’ve only ever seen one vein on me, ever. Well, dick doesn’t count. But that one vein would be my left shoulder so… To more veins eventually.

1 Like

God damn that is a deep squat!

2 Likes

If only it was a heavy squat. No one gives points for form haha.

1 Like

Oh man, cold showers SUCK! I remember I did that over a summer in high school. It’s like the quickest way to get yourself angry, haha. Good on you enduring a little misery.

1 Like

Some say it jacks up your T levels . . . but at your age, really? Have another Golden Paradise and keep lifting Brah.

1 Like

Why the leg pump? Are the pin squats a DL builder for you? I ask because I suspect if you tried that with a free bar it might not end well and it probably won’t transfer as much to your free squat because you’re kind of not squatting off pins as much as doing a GM/DL with super low starting point. Or I might be completely wrong. The odds are at least fifty/fifty either way.

1 Like

Uh… Did I mention having a leg pump? I looked up and I don’t think I mentioned any.

He is talking about how you pump your legs at the bottom of the eccentric before starting the next rep.

2 Likes

Oh so that’s what he meant. They’re just me messing around on my deload week haha, there’s no actual training purpose to them. If I were to incorporate pin squats, I’ll probably put them higher, like right above parallel.

2 Likes

##1/2/2017

##FOOD
11:00AM - black coffee
1:00PM - subway steak and cheese wrap
8:00PM - mala hotpot
10:00PM - 1 litre of milk

2600-ish calories at 130-ish grams of protein

##Training
entered gym at 4:40PM
Axle Squat
24kgs x3