T Nation

T-Peeps and or gyms in Sarasota, Fl.

This is a bit of a short notice, but I thought I would see if any of you t-freques reside/train in or around the Sarasota/Pinecraft area of Fl. I will be traveling there the eve of the 24th, and will be leaving Jan. 9th. Am looking for some one of the T nature to train with or suggestions on where to go. Looking forward to any replies.
Thanks. -LW

Anyone?

I live in Sarasota Fl. and I hate to tell you this but as far as gyms go this town is anti lifting. There are alot of gyms here but none of them allow any real traing, no deadlifting, squat racks for curls only, and no power racks at all. The golds gym in town even advertises itself as having no sweaty men. I could go on but I’m sure you get the point. As for myself I train in my garage.
In Bradenton which is the neighboring city there are a number or hardcore gyms like Athletix fitness. Where are you staying by the way?

I will be in Pinecraft,(a very small area which is part of Sarasota)in the Brandenton/Sarasota metro area. I will be arriving there sometime in the P.M. on the 25th. Myself, the wife, and our 1 yr. old son are staying at 3436 Clarinda St. at a great aunt’s boarding house.

You are staying about 3 miles away from where I live. There is actually a park close to you called arlignton park or something like that. They have a small room where you could lift for like 2 dollars a day. I work at Sarasota memorial hospital which is also close to where you will be. The YMCA is also close to you but they are expensive for out of town guest. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl. E-mail me when you get in.

Hey, I finally made it to a computer. I’m at the Sarasota Public (Fruitville Rd.) library writing this. Sorry it took so long to reply. I signed up for a week pass at the Amicus YMCA. Worked legs there thursday A.M. Had the squat rack all to myself. They really do have good equipment there. Would enjoy meeting you. BTW my father is a dialysis patient and I have been dropping him off at the hospital for dialysis. He will be going in at 11:30 a.m. on Sat. (28th) and 6:00 A.M. on Tues. and Thurs. of next wk. Not sure if I will be bringing him in on sat. but will probably take him on tues. and thurs. I don’t know your schedule but the next time I drop him off, I’ll come in with him. His name is Raymond Graber. I’m 5’10" 185 LB. w/Br. hair and eyes.
Also right now a christian singing group is doing a fundraising for missions at the park you mentioned. They have a volleyball tournament going on today and basketball at a gym somewhere tomorrow, which I and several of my brothers might play in. I will try to check the forum this p.m. for your reply. I’ve tried to post a cell # but the moderator won’t let it through. You could also stop by the house on Clarinda St. and ask for Lowell Graber. The house has a plaque on the front that says “Fannie Byler” on it. A white Chevy van, tan Lexus, and a white TrailBlazer are the vehicles in the driveway unless everyone is gone.

The phone # is under Melvin L & Katie Yoder in the phone book.

I work sat/sun all day from 7am to 11pm so stop by if you can. Go to the radiology department on the first floor and ask for Alex, I am an x-ray tech. I go to the fruitville library all the time I even passed by today to return some books. My ext at work is 7250 pick up any hospital phone and dial it directly and ask for me.

Sounds good, I will probably be the one to drop my father off for dialysis. It should be around 11:00-11:30, and if I’m able I’ll definitely look you up. So you’re a Rad Tech, I came close to going into the very same field but it did’nt work out (probably a good thing since a lot of babes seem to be x-ray techs also). I am not playing in the bball tournament but my brother is. So depending how his games go, maybe we can do lunch at the cafeteria or something.
Lowell