T.O. Attempts Suicide

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
Wow, you can do math. We’re proud of you, son![/quote]

Ah man, you changed it! I was going to ask for the medal :slight_smile:

[quote]You have a point. My use of the word “Most” was wrong. Let me amend my statement:

"Many of these MFs have been on Easy Street since they were 16 yrs old. They get to do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want with little worry of repercussions…it’s to the credit of most of these guys that they don’t abuse their standing."

…however, I take your point away from you for leaving off the part of my post that actually agreed with your argument:

“I’ll grant you that athletic training is extremely hard work. However, that doesn’t entitle them to a non-stop ticker-tape parade. Some guys get that and some definitely don’t…”[/quote]

I’ll keep my point, thanks. Just like you wrongly used the word “most” originally, you should have used it with your later comments. If your last statement read “Most guys get that…” I might have taken less exception to your statements. But you didn’t.

At the point where I began to write:

It’s funny how people have a problem with athletes who make too much money, yet they don’t have a problem with the owners…

, I should have made it clear that I was no longer addressing you. That was directed at people who do complain about the salaries athletes make, and there are a lot of them out there.

These are generally the same people who have no problem when their team is winning but want a new owner/GM who will spend more money when they’re team is losing. Why I decided to bring that up in a post seemingly directed at you…I have no idea. Sorry.

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m more of a “buddy” or “pal” kind of guy myself, though. “Sunshine” just doesn’t really fit me.

[quote]CC wrote:
Ah man, you changed it! I was going to ask for the medal :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m more of a “buddy” or “pal” kind of guy myself, though. “Sunshine” just doesn’t really fit me.[/quote]

All right, pal, I’ll give you your medal.

I also applaud your sense of humor in the face of my editing hijinx and generalizations.

Well, looks like they ruled out the suicide attempt in the end:

I also love how everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon, from McNabb claiming he is supporting him to Bill Walsh saying he urged T.O. to get psychiatric help. Give it a rest.

Why dont you like “sunshine”?