T.O. Attempts Suicide

Real men shoot themselves in the head. In the woods. So there’s no cleanup.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Just came over the ESPN wire, the police are claiming that T.O. had an allergic reaction to his pain meds, caused by a interaction with some of his supplements.

Could be the truth could be damage control.[/quote]

So far, the only thing concrete is the police report:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/09-06/0927_owenspolicereport.pdf

[quote]Professor X wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
Just came over the ESPN wire, the police are claiming that T.O. had an allergic reaction to his pain meds, caused by a interaction with some of his supplements.

Could be the truth could be damage control.

So far, the only thing concrete is the police report:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/09-06/0927_owenspolicereport.pdf
[/quote]

That’s fucked up. The guy needs some professional help.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Honestly, I don’t think he was attempting to actually end his life.

I do, however, think that he was trying to harm himself somehow to keep from playing football.

I don’t know why, but I just get the sense that he doesn’t really want to play that badly.

He doesn’t seem that passionate about it, and honestly didn’t seem upset in the slightest at his recent hand injury that could keep him out for up to a month.

Not to mention his lack of practicing throughout all of training camp.

Just kind of sounds like a ‘Ricky Williams effect’, just without the marijuana.

Fans of the game probably could never understand it, but it’s very possible to just completely lose passion for playing the game, regardless of how good you are.[/quote]

Bauer, from TO himself, you’re pretty much right on.

On his “In Their Own Words” NFL Network special last year, he specifically stated, and I’m paraphrasing, “I don’t even really like football. It’s just something I’m good at; I do it because I get paid to do it. If I really had my choice I would’ve played professional basketball, but I wasn’t good enough.” He plays in a semi-pro league during his free time. It was actually a very good special; showed a completely different side of TO than most of the media reports. Playing basketball, spending time with his kid…

Concerning the news reports, I wish people wouldn’t come out with all this possible suicide bullshit until something official is stated. Reports are coming out now that rescue workers may have just jumped the gun when they said he was trying to harm himself.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/27/sports/owens.php

And whether it’s true or not, to all you fuckin’ people out there comin’ out with shit like “Whatever, he’s just looking for more attention”, you’re sick. This is a human life we’re talking about here. You wanna’ dislike him for what happened in San Fran and Philly, fine. But to say “Who fuckin’ cares?” if he did attempt suicide is just fucked up. I actually feel sorry for anybody who’s that messed up in the head (and I’m not talking about TO here).

If it’s true, I hope he gets some help.

I do feel badly for him, but he’s such a dick that it’s hard to feel sorry for him. He’s brought a whole lot of his problems on himself and blames everyone else. He says he’s just misunderstood. Well, when everyone misunderstands the message, perhaps its the messenger who is the problem.

I don’t wish any harm to the guy, but he still needs to be held accountable for his actions. I see this as an attempt to get sympathy from people.

DB

Jesus, if I hear the word “supplements” used once more on ESPN I may flip out ninja style.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Jesus, if I hear the word “supplements” used once more on ESPN I may flip out ninja style.[/quote]

No shit. I can’t stand that sort of lazy journalism.

Here’s the latest from a press conference and TO’s hospital release:

The publicist seemed the most upset about the suicide attempt news being unfair, which doen’t make any sense since the police report posted earlier indicated she was the one who initiated the “overdose” treatment of the situation. WTF?

We know from the past that there’s no better place for cover-ups than Dallas. I’m only talking about the Cowboys, but you can extend that to other incidents if you please…

T.O loves himself too much to attempt suicide.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
there is nothing more useless in this world than a professional athlete who makes millions of dollars to play a game. Teachers, cops, firemen, soldiers, these are the people that deserve the big bucks.
end of rant----x
mazilla out[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Jesus, if I hear the word “supplements” used once more on ESPN I may flip out ninja style.[/quote]

What supplements are lethal if mixed with vicodin?

I could not give two shits about this ego crazed dick head. I don’t wish him any ill harm but millions of people go through worse shit than he can imagine every single day. I’m so tired of hearing about him and his hamstring, hand, EGO…whatever. He can fuck off and I sure hope he does.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
doogie wrote:
Jesus, if I hear the word “supplements” used once more on ESPN I may flip out ninja style.

[/quote]

Unless you consider Vodka a supplement, thats a hell of a good question.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
doogie wrote:

[/quote]

Apparently anything made by EAS! :smiley:

Teachers, cops, fireman…guys who should’ve worked harder in school.

pro athletes are making shit compared to the owners, how many owners have scored a touchdown or made a tackle in the Super Bowl?

[quote]julia87 wrote:
mazilla wrote:
there is nothing more useless in this world than a professional athlete who makes millions of dollars to play a game. Teachers, cops, firemen, soldiers, these are the people that deserve the big bucks.
end of rant----x
mazilla out

I agree.

[/quote]

I can’t believe you guys feel bad for the guy.

He’s such an arrogant fucking prick that he deserves no sympathy.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
doogie wrote:

[/quote]

Jack and Coke.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
I can’t believe you guys feel bad for the guy.

He’s such an arrogant fucking prick that he deserves no sympathy.[/quote]

i agree with that. i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all a stunt to elicit sympathy from a public that seems to have tired of his act. here’s a guy who has destroyed two teams. probably the most selfish athete we’ve ever seen. in any sport. famously said, ‘i love me some me.’

i have heard more than a few big name sports guys, former players say, "i like him until i met him.’ a bad guy. no doubt. seems like the only guys who like this guy are deion sanders and michael irvin. i think that tells you ABOUT all you need to know. shitbag. asshole.

i don’t wish the guy dead. i was actually feeling bad for the guy unitl i saw his publicist get up there and say ‘T.O. has TWENTY FIVE MILLION REASON to live!’ then she gets up and leaves like that’s the bottom line. nice. that’s the way his whole ‘team’ acts. rosenhaus. ownens. this bitch.

fuck 'em.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
end of rant----x
mazilla out

julia87 wrote:
I agree

slimjim wrote:
Teachers, cops, fireman…guys who should’ve worked harder in school.

pro athletes are making shit compared to the owners, how many owners have scored a touchdown or made a tackle in the Super Bowl?[/quote]

You have got to be fucking kidding, right?!

I won’t argue that the owners make a mint, but after all they bring the money to the table. That’s simply free enterprise, baby. Whoever brings the most mula the enterprise gets the lion’s share of the profits.

Whatever you do though, do NOT try and sell me a bill-of-goods about the poor, poor athletes. Most of these MFs have been on Easy Street since they were 16 yrs old. They get to do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want with little worry of repercussions.

I’ll grant you that athletic training is extremely hard work. However, that doesn’t entitle them to a non-stop ticker-tape parade. Some guys get that and some definitely don’t…

I don’t blame T.O. for becoming an addict to all the dick-sucking adulation, but that doesn’t excuse him from the urgent need to pull his own head out of his own ass and grow the fuck up.

Scott

[quote]
I won’t argue that the owners make a mint, but after all they bring the money to the table. That’s simply free enterprise, baby. Whoever brings the most mula the enterprise gets the lion’s share of the profits.

Whatever you do though, do NOT try and sell me a bill-of-goods about the poor, poor athletes. Most of these MFs have been on Easy Street since they were 16 yrs old. They get to do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want with little worry of repercussions.[/quote]

I love how people always group all “these poor, poor athletes” (/sarcasm) into one group, as if they’re all the same. Do you even have any idea how many professional athletes there are?

NFL: 53-man roster limit, 45 dress; ~1696 players in all

MLB: 40-man roster limit (including DL), 25 dress; ~1200 players in all (and that’s not even counting the minor league teams)

NBA: 12-man roster required, league average is 14 per team; ~420 players in the whole league

That’s a combined 3,300+ athletes just in those three professional leagues alone.

Yet, you’re going to tell me that a few players who rub people the wrong way represent over 3000 others?

And you’re going to sit there with any shred of common sense whatsoever and tell me that all, or even most, of these guys are prima donnas? Fuck that.

There’s a lot of athletes out there who show up for practice every day, show up for games every game day, do their job, collect their check, and go home. That’s it.

It’s funny how people have a problem with athletes who make too much money, yet they don’t have a problem with the owners. “Well the owners are just taking advantage of free enterprise.” So what the fuck are the athletes doing then?! Breaking the law? No! They’re using the talents they were born with to better their lives in a free market society.

Do you have any idea what the average athlete’s salary was 30-40 years ago? It was chump change. Most athletes had to work in the off-season just to make ends meet. Guess how the salaries went through the roof? That’s right, the glory of capitalism. Owners wanted to compete with other owners.

You don’t like it, move to a communist country.

[quote]CC wrote:

Whatever you do though, do NOT try and sell me a bill-of-goods about the poor, poor athletes. Most of these MFs have been on Easy Street since they were 16 yrs old. They get to do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want with little worry of repercussions.

I love how people always group all “these poor, poor athletes” (/sarcasm) into one group, as if they’re all the same. Do you even have any idea how many professional athletes there are?

NFL: 53-man roster limit, 45 dress; ~1696 players in all

MLB: 40-man roster limit (including DL), 25 dress; ~1200 players in all (and that’s not even counting the minor league teams)

NBA: 12-man roster required, league average is 14 per team; ~420 players in the whole league

That’s a combined 3,300+ athletes just in those three professional leagues alone.[/quote]

Wow, you can do math. We’re proud of you, son!

[quote]Yet, you’re going to tell me that a few players who rub people the wrong way represent over 3000 others?

And you’re going to sit there with any shred of common sense whatsoever and tell me that all, or even most, of these guys are prima donnas? Fuck that.

There’s a lot of athletes out there who show up for practice every day, show up for games every game day, do their job, collect their check, and go home. That’s it.[/quote]

You have a point. My use of the word “Most” was wrong. Let me amend my statement:

"Many of these MFs have been on Easy Street since they were 16 yrs old. They get to do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want with little worry of repercussions…it’s to the credit of most of these guys that they don’t abuse their standing."

…however, I take your point away from you for leaving off the part of my post that actually agreed with your argument:

“I’ll grant you that athletic training is extremely hard work. However, that doesn’t entitle them to a non-stop ticker-tape parade. Some guys get that and some definitely don’t…”

I wasn’t saying there’s a problem with how much money the athletes. What I WAS criticizing was the “but the owners make more money” arguement of the previous guy.

I guess some people see what they want to see.

And your point is?

Tell us something we don’t know.

Again, I never criticized the athletes salaries. My rant was more against some of them and their constant sense of entitlement and need for attention.

The owners can make what they want and the palyers can too. Ain’t America great?!

But, how many concessions should teams make for these overgrown babies? It’s because of the quiet, hardworking athletes that you were talking about that these bad apples piss me off so much.

Unfortunately, it’s because of the money (that they bring in) that more owners don’t give brats like T.O., Kobe, and some of these “few” others the heave-ho.

WTF are you talking about? I like people getting whatever money they can. They’ve worked hard…yadda-yadda… and let them make whatever they can moneywise. As far as some of them shitting all over the place and expecting everyone else to act like it smells like roses, it’s not acceptable. So “fuck that” right back at you, sunshine!