T.O. Attempts Suicide

I was watchinh ESPN this morning and news broke that Terrell Owens attemped suicide last last night by overdosing on pain medication, according to the police report. While I’m not the biggest T.O. fan I do feel for the guy though. How do the rest of you feel about this?

I don’t like the guy but I feel for him.

He has a great life and he doesn’t realize it.

It is amazing how the mind can fuck you up.

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
I was watchinh ESPN this morning and news broke that Terrell Owens attemped suicide last last night by overdosing on pain medication, according to the police report. While I’m not the biggest T.O. fan I do feel for the guy though. How do the rest of you feel about this?[/quote]

Who is Terrell Owens? Why would he try to kill himself?

-chris ← lives under rock

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
I was watchinh ESPN this morning and news broke that Terrell Owens attemped suicide last last night by overdosing on pain medication, according to the police report. While I’m not the biggest T.O. fan I do feel for the guy though. How do the rest of you feel about this?[/quote]

That is not what any of the ESPN reports said. The ones I saw said he a second bad reaction to the painkillers he is taking following his hand surgery.

Shit. I stand corrected:

The press is claiming he attempted suicide. While, Owen’s people are claiming an allergic reation. We won’t know for sure for a couple of days.

The first report said that T.O. accidentally overdosed on some pain medication due to his hand surgery. A few hours later the national news, i think it was Fox, was reporting from the front of the hospital saying he “tried to commit suicide”.

I don’t know man, supposedly T.O. said he only took 5 of the 40 or so pills in his prescription bottle, but that he dumped the bottle out and that is why it was empty. I think it was on Rotowire where they report that a paramedic or fire/rescue person saw him pop 2 more pills as they were loading him into the ambulance, upon seeing this the medic tried to pry them out of his mouth.

My question is why would someone still try to pop pills while being transported to the hospital and under the supervision of medical professionals. The guy is a bit crazy, but I think that there are extenuating circumstances here that will come out in the next few days.

When I woke up around 5 am today, Yahoo said he was recovering from accidental overdose and being induced to vomit, but would still play this weekend if he was able to catch balls in practice. All the pieces just don’t add up, there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Yes, I do feel bad for the guy though. Seeing that T.O. is a news magnet he will get so much publicity and attention for this they will still be talking about it next week during the Dallas/Philly game when Ownes is catching 9 balls for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns and then he will look like a saint.

Nothing will be said of how the Eagles perform whether it be good or bad due to this issue. I still think he will play this week as well.

The T.O. life saga has spiraled out of control. Poor guy.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

It is amazing how the mind can fuck you up.[/quote]

I was watching a sportscentury on him a few days ago. Apparently, he had a very rough childhood. He was made fun of quite a bit and i know, from personal experience, that it can really affect you more than people think. Also i hear his mother was pretty batshit insane.

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It is amazing how the mind can fuck you up.

I was watching a sportscentury on him a few days ago. Apparently, he had a very rough childhood. He was made fun of quite a bit and i know, from personal experience, that it can really affect you more than people think. Also i hear his mother was pretty batshit insane.[/quote]

I’ll bet most of his friends just hang around for his money too and he is smart enough to know it.

Even rich guys have problems.

Honestly, I don’t think he was attempting to actually end his life.

I do, however, think that he was trying to harm himself somehow to keep from playing football.

I don’t know why, but I just get the sense that he doesn’t really want to play that badly.

He doesn’t seem that passionate about it, and honestly didn’t seem upset in the slightest at his recent hand injury that could keep him out for up to a month.

Not to mention his lack of practicing throughout all of training camp.

Just kind of sounds like a ‘Ricky Williams effect’, just without the marijuana.

Fans of the game probably could never understand it, but it’s very possible to just completely lose passion for playing the game, regardless of how good you are.

I feel for him, I hate to see anyone feel suicide is the way to go. But he is not exactly a victim of the media like I heard people on the radio saying. He is heavily scrutinized but he causes much of the attention that is brought to him. I do feel he is one of the best athletes in the NFL but also one of the most high maintenance. Either way I hope he ends up ok and is back playing soon.

I think its even more shocking just because this guy is in the prime of his career. I don’t think an athlete of his caliber has ever done something like this while they were still playing. It just goes to show you. You can have a great body, make an exorbitant amount of money, and play a game for a living, and still not be happy with were your life is. i guess my friend was right. It could always suck more.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Honestly, I don’t think he was attempting to actually end his life.

I do, however, think that he was trying to harm himself somehow to keep from playing football.

I don’t know why, but I just get the sense that he doesn’t really want to play that badly.

He doesn’t seem that passionate about it, and honestly didn’t seem upset in the slightest at his recent hand injury that could keep him out for up to a month.

Not to mention his lack of practicing throughout all of training camp.

Just kind of sounds like a ‘Ricky Williams effect’, just without the marijuana.

Fans of the game probably could never understand it, but it’s very possible to just completely lose passion for playing the game, regardless of how good you are.[/quote]

I’ll never understand that. I loved the game with everything I had for 12 years. Now that I’m done it’s really freaking hard to cope during the season, and it gets harder every year. So I’ve transplanted my love for the game onto the Steelers, and now I’m completely emotionally wrapped up in something I have absolutely no control over. It’s not healthy.

This is the problem with having such intense media coverage of everything, stories get started without anyone knowing what is going on. Like being in elementary school again.

Ooh, more T.O. news gotta go jerk off.

How is this all not a HIPPA violation?

T.O. loves playing football. When he broke his hand he hid it from the coaching staff for 3 quarters so they wouldn’t take him out of the game. And you also have to question how legit the supposed paramedic claims are. They’d be risking losing their job, license, and a million dollar lawsuit by disclosing information like that.

This is the problem with having such intense media coverage of everything, stories get started without anyone knowing what is going on. Like being in elementary school again.

Ooh, more T.O. news gotta go jerk off.

who cares, fuck him. siisy rich bastard gets to play a game all day long and then wants to kill himself? talk about taking life for granted, he should go buy another ferrari, or just off himself and donate his money to charity or cancer research or something. there is nothing more useless in this world than a proffesional athlete who makes millions of dollars to play a game.teachers, cops, firemen, soldiers, these are the people that deserve the big bucks.
end of rant----x

mazilla out

Just came over the ESPN wire, the police are claiming that T.O. had an allergic reaction to his pain meds, caused by a interaction with some of his supplements.

Could be the truth could be damage control.