T Nation

T-Nationer's Unite?

I got this idea while reading some posts, and Charles Staley suggested everyone from T-Nation do a similar warmup in the gym. To expand on his idea, I’d like to present an exercise that I elaborated on.

Way back in an article by Coach Davies, he had an exercise called “THE BEAR”

I modified it a little bit, because after doing it, I thought, wow… this really gets the blood flowin, so here it is, the “T-Nationer”

As with The Bear, start with a barbell on the ground, power clean it up. Do a front squat, then when coming up, do a push press to have the weight over your head. (this part is where it gets modified) do an overhead squat and come up, then lower the weight to your back, do a squat, and push press it back up when near the top of the squat, do another overhead squat, bring the weight down into a front squat position and start over with the bar on the ground. That’s 1!

I’ve found that this gets the blood flowing like crazy, and after a few reps of these, you should find the same thing. I generally don’t use much weight when doing this, since it’s a warmup, and overhead squats are a real bitch to do.

So if you see anyone in Your Gym doing some “T-Nationers” you’ll know where it’s from and you can identify yourselves with fellow T-Nationers.

[quote]

So if you see anyone in Your Gym doing some “T-Nationers” you’ll know where it’s from and you can identify yourselves with fellow T-Nationers.[/quote]

couldn’t we just come up with a handshake or something? the whole thing could take a little time to master (or REMEMBER). Does sound like it’d warm you up, however I’ll stick to simple light snaching and military presses. those “t-nationers” would kill a fat out-o-shape bastard like me.

The best way to find a T-Nationer is to look for people taking PWO before and during their workout. I still get mystified looks of bewilderment, astonishment and even mockery in my gym when the “rats” see me sipping my PWO inbetween sets :wink:

Adam, that’s a good call. I think I’m the only one at my gym! And I’ve been doing a modified version myself, but instead of doing it as a warmup I put a bit more weight on for a real good strength workout. I also just do the front and back squats with the presses. Me and my training partner just started calling it the “dammit” I love it, I’ll have to try some of the new version, sounds like a good one!