T-Nation Shirts

It is when I tie it up in a not on one side and wear my speedos;-)

well i guess i will see if it fits me when i try it on lol.

Let me know how you make out with CBSA.

OK, taking a quick browse throught this thread sparked an idea.

Someone mentioned wearing one to the gym. But, I don’t wear cotton T-shirts to the gym.

It would be cool if the T-Nation T-shirts were also available as tank tops. Even better would be if they were a moisture-wicking synthetic rather than cotton.

I think it would be a great idea.

I was never much one for tanktops myself, though a muscle shirt would be nice.

I’d also like to see a SPIKE T-shirt with the skull graphic that is looking back at the viewer, though, somehow I have a gut feeling thats already in the works.

[quote]Wideguy wrote:
Good answer pimp.[/quote]

Wow my first T-Nation compliment I feel all special now

I’m just oldschool so I preffer the standard black t-shirt.Cool new fabrics are nice,but for me nothing does it like the S.B.T. Must be the old Henry Rollins fan still alive in there somewhere.

Rollins is the shit.

But I do love a nice black wife-beater (obvious the athletic-t not O.J.)

Personally i think a sweatshirt or a long sleeve could a be bettre choice(keep you warm in and out of your workout)Looks great, last longer.

If we keep the thread up long enough maybe the powers that be will hear our pleas and bestow upon their vassels new garments with which to adorn ourselves as we go to the gym

A sweatshirt or long shirt for workout? I think not. I like to show as much flesh as decently possible. :slight_smile:

That said, even a cotton tank/muscle/wife-beater would be a great choice.

The fact that it was cotton would preclude me using it for a base layer in any other athletic activitiy, but it wouldn’t prevent me from wearing it alone at the gym.

Although I will agree that a sweatshirt might be fun in addition to what I have proposed.

I’m gonna have to get a new one soon, but the old one is getting the neck cut out, the shoulders cut off, and vioal! a tank top Testosterone shirt.Martha Stewart, eat yer heart out.

I would order a couple T-Nation wife beaters, even if they were cotton, especially if they were as cheap as the shirts.

Gotta show off my huge guns (j/k); soon.

Another idea, that just came to me.

Black t-shirts/muscle shirts are great, and I wear them a fair bit, either by themselves or as an underlayer, beneath a button-down shirt.

However, when it comes to lighter coloured tees, I really like ringers, especially ringers with 3/4 sleeves. I don’t have enough ringers… hint hint :slight_smile:

Muscle shirts would be cool, I like cotton better than the fancy new materials they just dont feel right. My gym doesnt even allow sleevless shirts so I wouldnt be able to wear them in the gym anyway:(

[quote]TwistedLocal wrote:
Muscle shirts would be cool, I like cotton better than the fancy new materials they just dont feel right. My gym doesnt even allow sleevless shirts so I wouldnt be able to wear them in the gym anyway:([/quote]

How many quality “fancy new materials” have you tried?

Granted, it’s your perception, and maybe they just don’t feel right to you. It’s a valid opinion.

However, it’s not always a matter of touchy-feely. There are certain situations where cotton is not only undesirable, but downright dangerous. The Mountaineers, 15000+ members strong, have a motto: cotton kills. If they see you show up to a hike wearing jeans, 90% of the time they’ll just send you home. Cotton has a huge number of disadvantages when it comes to endurance sports, especially when survivial might come into question.

That said, of course, I don’t need to wear a T-Nation shirt underneath other layers, after all, you can’t see it anyway. But it would be nice if it was multi-functional.

I’m just saying, cotton or not is not always a matter of how it feels light and dry. Plus, if you buy quality synthetics, they can be just as comfortable, if not more so. Especially once you start sweating. Clammy, clingy wet cotton or quick-drying synthetic?

Back to the topic… a cotton tank/muscle is fine for the gym. I’d prefer synthetic, but for the gym, cotton would be fine.

I totally agree with you on the usefullness of new materials as far as hiking and other uses I was just referring to in the gym when im weightlifting. When im road bike riding especially in the summer I prefer synthetics as a soaked cotton shirt is just simply not comfortable.