T-Nation Post Workout Meals

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:
<<<Then 20 mins later(after my shower),>>>
[/quote]

You’re showering WAY too soon after your workout. You’re washing away all your electrolytes. There’s no way you’re going to grow like that. =D

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You’re showering WAY too soon after your workout. You’re washing away all your electrolytes. There’s no way you’re going to grow like that. =D [/quote]

I don’t know whats funnier, your comment or the fact that there are going to be people that believe it…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
You’re showering WAY too soon after your workout. You’re washing away all your electrolytes. There’s no way you’re going to grow like that. =D

I don’t know whats funnier, your comment or the fact that there are going to be people that believe it…[/quote]

Of course I was kidding around, but 3 months from now there,ll probably be a thread started by somebody saying “I read something that said showering too soon after a workout causes electrolyte depletion. Anybody ever hear of this?”

Can you imagine the fun that could be had with that? “it all depends on how hot you get the water. Cooler water due the mechanism by which it closes the pores will allow you to not have to wait as long, but if you just have to have your showers hot wait at least one hour and try to deflect the stream off the wall onto your self instead of letting it hit you directly. This will further spare extracutaneous sodium and potassium for recovery later on”.

There,d be guys in here asking what kind of thermometer is most reliable for measuring flowing shower water and BTW what temperature is optimal.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
There,d be guys in here asking what kind of thermometer is most reliable for measuring flowing shower water and BTW what temperature is optimal.[/quote]

Threads would be titled…

What’s the BEST temperature for a shower?

Critique my post-workout shower program, for bulking!

Peri-workout showering for ultimate results!!!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Peri-workout showering for ultimate results!!![/quote]

This one’s by far the best ROFLMAO!!! Then we’d have guys talking about how last century their gym is because they won’t let em take the equipment into the locker room!!!

Although I can see some real potential in the other ones too!! Oh shit!!! Good stuff!

[quote]
vroom wrote:

Tiribulus wrote:
This one’s by far the best ROFLMAO!!! Then we’d have guys talking about how last century their gym is because they won’t let em take the equipment into the locker room!!![/quote]

IMHO Pre-workout showers deserve far more attention.
Seriously (you stinky bastards).

half serving Surge pre plus creatine
half serving Surge post plus glutamine
one hour later
40g Metabolic Drive
with 80 g Ultra fuel plus creatine

Drink half, and then one hour later
the other half

recovery goes through the roof.

Then a solid meal, steak and veggies
or steak and yam.

[quote]David Barr wrote:

vroom wrote:

Tiribulus wrote:
This one’s by far the best ROFLMAO!!! Then we’d have guys talking about how last century their gym is because they won’t let em take the equipment into the locker room!!!

IMHO Pre-workout showers deserve far more attention.[/quote]

I do disagree that preworkout is better, but you have to experiment. I do enjoy it, but find that KILL EM ALL atitude reduced slightly and sometimes more spacey and tired.

I would like to see the difference of PREWORKOUT meals vs, pre workout liquids.

ie chicken and oatmeal then train, the pwo
vs PRe PWO

my post workout shake is:

4 Tablespoons of ovaltine
1.25 cups of milk
1 scoop of whey
1 banana
.5 Tablespoon gatorade powder
honey

1-2 hrs later meal full in Carbs and Protein

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Seriously (you stinky bastards).[/quote]

Here we are trying to promote the latest in cutting edge science and you’re gonna open a whole new can of worms about whether the catabolic properties of BO causing bacteria can be defeated through the entirely unproven practice of pre workout showering. Geez, what some people won’t do to try n sound smart.

4 scoops pro large n-lab 2
600mls milk
2 micro wave pizzas
50 mills flax seed oil

170 grams protein
1500 kcals

[quote]David Barr wrote:

vroom wrote:

Tiribulus wrote:

Seriously (you stinky bastards).[/quote]

Dude, there’s no way I’m taking a shower when I’m just gonna get sweaty and stinky again.

/[ghettogurl]

U CaN JuS DeAL WiT mA StAnKaSs. HoE.

[/ghettogurl]

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Here we are trying to promote the latest in cutting edge science and you’re gonna open a whole new can of worms about whether the catabolic properties of BO causing bacteria can be defeated through the entirely unproven practice of pre workout showering. Geez, what some people won’t do to try n sound smart. [/quote]

Your [sic] wrong. Pre workout showers are more anabolic. I know, I can feel it.

I can’t deal with the complexity and regimentation needed to get the timing down, so I’ve actually started working out IN my shower.

However, I have had to use extreme measures to hang onto the bar. For example, it takes a heck of a lot of chalk to do a deadlift…

Suffice to say, gripwork is essential, and I recommend no-slip surfaces, you don’t want an injury!

Dave, I’m expecting a Barrticle on this subject pronto. I mean, nobody knows about this stuff yet, it’s bleeding edge man.

P.S. No, I am not doing the clean and jerk as a part of my routine. While I’ve heard it is highly recommended for shower work, I am avoiding the more technical moves at this time.

In light of Dave and Vroom’s conflicting testimony along with the long standing truism of more always being better, I’ve decided to simply wear wet absorbent clothes at all times. That way all bases are covered and I can effortlessly avail myself of this breakthrough method without worrying one way or the other.

Now all I need are some investors and the Tiribulus line of aquabolic athletic wear will be a reality. In addition to revenues from the apparel itself imagine the goldmine as gyms the world over stampede to be the first in town with sanitary “saturation stations”. I can see the infomercials now.

[quote]vroom wrote:
P.S. No, I am not doing the clean and jerk as a part of my routine. While I’ve heard it is highly recommended for shower work, I am avoiding the more technical moves at this time.[/quote]

I thought a lot of guys did the jerk and clean in the shower but maybe that is something different.

Prior to training today I ate turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, and drank a cup of coffee.

Post training I ate turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, a mixed salad, and drank a couple of large glasses of water.

Am I the only one with leftovers?