T-Nation Obsessed with Crossfit?

Am I the only one that thinks the authors here are getting a little overly obsessed with crossfit? Seems to be all they talk about anymore. Just speculation, anyone else notice this?

What would you prefer be written about? I’m sure they take suggestions.

They are probably trying to get the vast market of Crossfitters to buy their supplements. With an article a day, I can’t feel too sorry for myself if a couple articles a month are wasted on Crossfit stuff.

Crossfit is very relevant to the strength industry, why wouldn’t Tnation be a part of that market? That’s a lot of people focused on performance, who really need good supplements because their volume and intensity is usually very high, and they sooner or later realize they need better information on lifts, programing, rehab, etc. …and a lot of crossfitters cross over into powerlifting, Olympic lifting and strongman, so one way or another they’ll land here.

Tnation would be stupid to ignore that crowd.

Crossfit is the closest thing you can get to, taking the act of working out and turning into a sport that will most likely continue to build viewers and sponsors. Crossfit’s whole brand is bringing in an estimated $4 billion dollars a year, with Crossfit inc estimated at $100 million. I suspect that these figures will grow.

No, I do not believe the authors on this site are getting obsessed with crossfit.

As far as marketing and business strategy, it is an extremely high profit and popular crowd to address. Think of all those people who are now involved in cross-fit. Why would T-Nation not want to capitalize on it and cater service to this crowd? That being said I don’t think any of the coaches or writers here have a specialty in cross-fit specifically. It is a body building website after all, there is just a lot of reference to it in certain articles and programs because of popularity.

I think the world of Crossfit athletes.

… and Powerlifting

and Bodybuilders

and Strongmen

and Endurance Athletes

… and anyone else that picks up a weight and takes their training seriously.

Let’s make it a big tent for those that want to train and improve.

mf

What are a few examples of this in the articles from the last 2 weeks? I have not really noticed this except a few articles here and there.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
They are probably trying to get the vast market of Crossfitters to buy their supplements. With an article a day, I can’t feel too sorry for myself if a couple articles a month are wasted on Crossfit stuff.[/quote]

money and clicks. clicks and money

[quote]MudFlap wrote:
I think the world of Crossfit athletes.

… and Powerlifting

and Bodybuilders

and Strongmen

and Endurance Athletes

… and anyone else that picks up a weight and takes their training seriously.

Let’s make it a big tent for those that want to train and improve.

mf

[/quote]

100% agree. I enjoy watching the Crossfit Games, hell I even watch American Ninja Warrior. I am all for anything and everything that puts a spotlight on physical fitness. I personally believe that it is every man’s duty to be physically fit. And a man can not reach his personal best without striving to be his physical best. Mind, body and soul. Developing in harmonous proportions their mental, spiritual and physical nature.