T Nation

T-Nation & Lost Work Hours

I’m fast becoming a T-Nation junkie filling my veins with ‘grrr’ and reading every post and article. my only problem is i do most of my t-surfing at work (architect) and i was wondering am i the only t-slacker or are there many of us. and how many work hours are people spending on this site. and what are peoples profesions?
i must put in a good 2-3hours on the site when i’m suposed to be working. oops.

2 hours a day is about what I do.

I own my own company so I guess I am just picking my own pocket:)

[quote]wukey wrote:
i must put in a good 2-3hours on the site when i’m suposed to be working. oops.[/quote]

Your boss just read this.

You’re fired.

I spend 1-2 hours on here at work, and then a few hours most nights of the week.

I work as a…er…I design sets in 3D and graphics for large scale award shows.

2hrs sounds about right.

[quote]rsg wrote:
I spend 1-2 hours on here at work, and then a few hours most nights of the week.

I work as a…er…I design sets in 3D and graphics for large scale award shows.[/quote]

do you use ‘3D studio’? is that what your avatar was made on?

I do lots of 3D work modeling buildings in Archicad, really wanted to do a ‘3D Studio Max’ course but my work wouldn’t fund it.

[quote]hedo wrote:
2 hours a day is about what I do.

I own my own company so I guess I am just picking my own pocket:)[/quote]

Cool. What kind of company and how big?

Or do you just work for yourself as a “company”?

[quote]wukey wrote:
rsg wrote:
I spend 1-2 hours on here at work, and then a few hours most nights of the week.

I work as a…er…I design sets in 3D and graphics for large scale award shows.

do you use ‘3D studio’? is that what your avatar was made on?

I do lots of 3D work modeling buildings in Archicad, really wanted to do a ‘3D Studio Max’ course but my work wouldn’t fund it.[/quote]

Yeah, I modeled the car in my avatar.

I use Maya - 3Dmax would probably be better suited to my line of work but Maya is a whole lot more stable in my opinion - first time I used my it never crashed for 2 weeks of constant use. 3Dmax crashed on me within 10 minutes.

There are plenty of places (i.e. digitaltutors.com) which offer training DVD’s for Maya - so I’m sure there must be ones that offer the same for 3dmax; these are cheap alternatives IMO.

Financial Analyst for Bosch here.

Haha I spend too long on here a day. The damn picture of a figure girl is NOT helping any either. I have to quickly scroll past it so people in other cubes don’t see it…

One guy yesterday yelled what site are you on??? He saw Jammie E. down there and thought I was on a porn site. The black background doesn’t help any either as 99.9% of porn sites have a black background.

[quote]rsg wrote:

Yeah, I modeled the car in my avatar.

[/quote]

good work!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
The black background doesn’t help any either as 99.9% of porn sites have a black background.[/quote]

Do they? (innosent face)
I know what you mean though. I’m worried people with think i’m on a gay porn site with all the semi dressed pictures of men that are on this site. I try to avoid the rate my physique section.

Jammie’s looking good though isn’t she, thats one unnaturally perfect body.

Co-op Project manager in the Design and construction department at my college.

probably 2-3 hrs a day depending on how projects are going… also lose time to homework… should be writing a paper right now…

but as someoen else said, the figure competator pictures i have to scroll past fast as to avoid ‘offending anyone.’ My boss digs it, since hes awesome, but you just got to cover your butt in offices…

i do spend a lot of time here but when i work @ a desk i still use the study technique that got me through school: focus for 45 minutes and break for 15. so this is my 15. you have to stick to it though.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
The black background doesn’t help any either as 99.9% of porn sites have a black background.[/quote]

Really? are you sure you were on here then?

i’m a college student and when i’m on T-Nation i’m usually writing a paper, drafting a business plan or doing something else for class that really drains my brain, energy and mood.

between thoughts and paragraphs or financial equations, a few posts, a peek at an article etc keep me somewhat entertained and allow to work longer if not more efficiently.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Financial Analyst for Bosch here.

Haha I spend too long on here a day. The damn picture of a figure girl is NOT helping any either. I have to quickly scroll past it so people in other cubes don’t see it…

One guy yesterday yelled what site are you on??? He saw Jammie E. down there and thought I was on a porn site. The black background doesn’t help any either as 99.9% of porn sites have a black background.[/quote]
the guy flexing in black leather shorts can’t be helpful either.

or is that jammie e?

LOL! I had to block out the pictures so I wouldn’t raise eyebrows at work.

You are definitely not the only one. I am a Software Engineer and every chance I get I log in. I hate work and T-Nation takes the edge off.

Guilty here, I run reports all day so while my reports and queries are running, I surf. I’m addicted, I can’t help it.

I would imagine my time would equal about 2 hours a day…

Everyone assumes that if they weren’t on T-Nation they would be getting more work done. Bad work ethics are bad work ethics regardless of the activity being performed. I’m not criticizing, as I’m as guilty as most, some of the time that is, just saying.