T Nation

T-Nation Lawyers

Hi all I am need of a little help. Long long story, I have a 2008 Honda Civic manual transmission car, about a month ago I discover it has a cracked engine block, lucky me Honda warranties their engines for 10 years if it’s cracked(I guess it’s a known issue due to the tin instead of steel block).

Anyway I get a “new” engine they replaced the oil balanced the tires due to having to remove the bottom of the car etc. Well I have the car about a week it’s driving fine I come out of the gym and some jerk took off my mirror and did some damage to my bumper. I go to my “friends” body shop and he has it for almost three weeks, also he got my ins company for $4k. I go to pick my car up and they tell me the car was acting funny, shaking and what not, they then say someone added 3 quarts of oil and since i know it’s a new engine and new oil and it was fine when I had left the car I go outside and look and they had over filled the oil, and more than likely popped the seals(I know about this having in my youth doing that to one of my cars). I explain the situation and I get blow back they try to tell me to take it to the dealership I refuse to take delivery of the car.

My “friend” jumps in says don’t worry about my rental and they will take care of it. I’m afraid they are going to take the car to a hack and he is going to screw my car up. What if anything can I do to make sure my car is either a) repaired correctly, or b) replaced with a 2008 honda civic?

That is a real doozy. I wouldn’t worry about them taking it to a hack. They are the hacks.

I’m a lawyer–not in Mass, though.

Long story short, asking for free legal advice online is a lot like dressing up like Sparticus, drinking yourself into a coma, then having someone drop your unconscious body facedown in the bathroom of a gay club.

Yeah, you’ll probably get a lot of action. But none of it is going to leave you feeling too enthusiastic tomorrow.

In other words, go sit down with a real lawyer in your city–preferably one that’s in good with the local judges.

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:
I’m a lawyer–not in Mass, though.

Long story short, asking for free legal advice online is a lot like dressing up like Sparticus, drinking yourself into a coma, then having someone drop your unconscious body facedown in the bathroom of a gay club.

Yeah, you’ll probably get a lot of action. But none of it is going to leave you feeling too enthusiastic tomorrow.

In other words, go sit down with a real lawyer in your city–preferably one that’s in good with the local judges.

[/quote]

This is prolly one of the coolest forum posts I have ever read. Thanks for the laugh sir.