T Nation

T-Nation Is Destroying Me!

You know, I was happy being a drunken cigarette smoking soon to be writer. But now something is happening that I am in awe of.

I am sitting at the bar last night, buzzing pretty well off of a few beers. I had 7 dollars left, which was enough for 2 more drinks. These two drinks would have put me on the train to drunksville, in a heartbeat. But no.

All I could think about was the fact that tommorow was leg day, and I had to do deadlifts. I put the money back in my pocket and looked at my girlfriend, saying, “I gotta go home. I gotta deadlift tommorow”. She looked at me in shock, then gladly drove me home.

Damn you T-Nation! You guys have way too much influence!!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
You know, I was happy being a drunken cigarette smoking soon to be writer. But now something is happening that I am in awe of.

I am sitting at the bar last night, buzzing pretty well off of a few beers. I had 7 dollars left, which was enough for 2 more drinks. These two drinks would have put me on the train to drunksville, in a heartbeat. But no.

All I could think about was the fact that tommorow was leg day, and I had to do deadlifts. I put the money back in my pocket and looked at my girlfriend, saying, “I gotta go home. I gotta deadlift tommorow”. She looked at me in shock, then gladly drove me home.

Damn you T-Nation! You guys have way too much influence!![/quote]

That’s all we need - a sober Irishman ;]

I understand where you are coming from though. Once upon a time, sitting back and getting blasted was my favourite hobby, and I was good at it to. Now, I’ve too much I want to do to waste an evening drinking and the next day from a hangover.

Maybe you’re just growing up.

Very cool bro.
It is awesome when working out goes from a hobby to a passion!
Dastang

Right on!

Oh… wait… I’m practicing my redneck today: Git-R-Done!

Why did God give the Irish alcohol? To prevent them from taking over the world.

Family Guy did a great spoof on this too

Git’R’Done

Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting to drink less. Being British, that’s how we spend our spare time: we haven’t got good weather, and we’re not very cultered, so I guess it kinda makes sense.

I find it kinda difficult sometimes, as I’m fairly young, all my friends get really ‘rat-arsed’ on the weekend (or in the week) and I either don’t drink anything, or at most a coupla tinnies once a week.

But at the end of the day, if you want to achieve something you’ve got to make sacrifices. A lot of my mates can’t understand a why I do what I do but then they don’t want to be big!

Fucking quitter.

That Family Guy Irish museum bit was one of their funniest.

[quote]Boyle wrote:
Why did God give the Irish alcohol? To prevent them from taking over the world.

Family Guy did a great spoof on this too

Git’R’Done[/quote]

It’s all about the planning - out on a big one saturday night, and coveniently my day off is sunday :wink: getting together with good friends and knocking back the beers - bring it on!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Right on!

Oh… wait… I’m practicing my redneck today: Git-R-Done![/quote]

Please don’t. It does not work. It’s like me trying to speak French or think like a Lib.

Irish. Just stop drinking during the week dude. You can still drink, but you know, it may just pass. You took step 1, now how 'bout them cigarettes?

I had 7 dollars left, which was enough for 2 more drinks. I put the money back in my pocket and looked at my girlfriend, saying, “I gotta go home. I gotta deadlift tommorow”. She looked at me in shock, then gladly drove me home.

[/quote]

You left the bar with $7 left?

That’s twisted, dude.

Can you mail it to me?

;}

|/ 3Toes

[quote]The3toedSloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I had 7 dollars left, which was enough for 2 more drinks.

[/quote]

Where the hell can you can get TWO DRINKS for $7 is what I’d like to
know…

[quote]Sabrina wrote:
The3toedSloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

know…[/quote]

at my house, wink wink. :slight_smile:

Also, anywhere here in my town, where we used to hold the world record for the most bars/liquor stores per capita in the US.

The college I went to had a bar where you could get two PITCHERS of mixed drinks for $7. (not back in 1970 but 2003)

[quote]Sabrina wrote:
The3toedSloth wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

know…[/quote]

I don’t know if you mean that two drinks is alot for $7 or not enough. Being as I am generally dirt poor, I go whenever there are drink specials, normally it is worth it if the beers are below $2 a piece. However, the places I tend to frequent the beers are $3 a piece. And if the bartenders there weren’t prics, I would tip them more than $1 every other drink. I guess that’s just a vicious cycle though.

I used to always go to places out here with dollar wells and 2 dollar call-its (hell, one place has dollar call-its from 8-9 every night). These aren’t shitholes either… so if you’re not drinking you can still have some fun too (one’s a piano bar, another is like a martini bar/dance club).

I’m appalled to think people actually pay like 9 bucks for a drink that isn’t at least 3 feet tall with a neck harness (Harrah’s Carnival Court in Vegas, home of the 3 foot cocktail for 27 bucks, if you’re sick and deranged, and need a ‘friend’ they are good for ya).

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
I used to always go to places out here with dollar wells and 2 dollar call-its (hell, one place has dollar call-its from 8-9 every night). These aren’t shitholes either… so if you’re not drinking you can still have some fun too (one’s a piano bar, another is like a martini bar/dance club).

I’m appalled to think people actually pay like 9 bucks for a drink that isn’t at least 3 feet tall with a neck harness (Harrah’s Carnival Court in Vegas, home of the 3 foot cocktail for 27 bucks, if you’re sick and deranged, and need a ‘friend’ they are good for ya).[/quote]

Try drinking in Australia. $8-12 per.

I enjoy Sierra Nevada and at $6.99 per sixer I’m just over a buck-ten each for 12 oz. to drink at home.

I don’t know if you mean that two drinks is alot for $7 or not enough. Being as I am generally dirt poor, I go whenever there are drink specials, normally it is worth it if the beers are below $2 a piece. However, the places I tend to frequent the beers are $3 a piece. And if the bartenders there weren’t prics, I would tip them more than $1 every other drink. I guess that’s just a vicious cycle though.[/quote]

I meant that it sounds extremely reasonable.

I don’t drink anymore, but (from what I can recall ;)), it used to run about $9/per…