T Nation

T-Nation iPod Library

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OR people could just add their list to their personal stats. All of these threads go the same…500 posts with everyone posting trying to outdo how “hardcore” their musical choices are. I am beginning to seriously doubt whether some of these people even truly listen to the music they list on a regular basis.[/quote]

Dude,…dude. Don’t you know that to be hard core when you lift you need super hard core growling speed metal? It gets all the 165lb guys amped to squat 200. Combine the loud growling music with the baseball hat pulled way down and the scowl on their face so no one bothers them…it’s like a modern day Ghenis Khan has walked into the gym.

And, for the record. There have been about 3.39 billion of these threads already.

[quote]cbeefyt wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
umm bands i listen to while lifting

iced earth
metallica
disturbed
iron maiden
blind guardian
edguy

You are the first person I’ve ever seen that likes Iced Earth, or that has heard of them at all for that matter.

The only reason Ive heard of them is the fact that their drummer(Richard Christy) is on the Howard Stern show.
[/quote]

Ha, that’s the reason I know the band too. Love Richard, but the band is awful.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Seems like I’ve read this thread before, a couple hundred times.[/quote]

Noooooo, you are totally wrong! It’s been about . . . . . 11.39534 MILLION FUCKEN TIMES! I wonder if people ever do use the ‘search’ function . . .

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
cbeefyt wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
umm bands i listen to while lifting

iced earth
metallica
disturbed
iron maiden
blind guardian
edguy

You are the first person I’ve ever seen that likes Iced Earth, or that has heard of them at all for that matter.

The only reason Ive heard of them is the fact that their drummer(Richard Christy) is on the Howard Stern show.

Ha, that’s the reason I know the band too. Love Richard, but the band is awful.

[/quote]

thats my favorite band dude. i dont really liek there newest album but all there other stuff is amazing.

It is amazing how people find something to bitch about with just about any post.
My intent with this post was merely to find out what other t-mag readers listen to in the gym.
i thought that it could benefit any one looking for new music to add to their collection.
Even if it has been done before, we all find new and different things to listen to.
Is this “T-Nation” or “Bitch Nation?”

I actually really dig some classical type stuff. Big powerful orchestra music gets me “hyped to squat 200.”

I also like indie rap:

sean price
jedi mind tricks
aesop rock
kool G rap
etc.

-chris

[quote]whipp wrote:
Is this “T-Nation” or “Bitch Nation?” [/quote]

It is actually Bitch Nation now.

By unanimous vote of all the whinging regulars the name was changed about a week ago. The problem is that the mods have been too busy bitching about the fact that they saw a skinny guy with a popped collar trying to cut to see his abs by doing curls in the squat rack while listening to Culture Club that they forgot to change the layout of the website.

[quote]helga wrote:
whipp wrote:
Is this “T-Nation” or “Bitch Nation?”

It is actually Bitch Nation now.

By unanimous vote of all the whinging regulars the name was changed about a week ago. The problem is that the mods have been too busy bitching about the fact that they saw a skinny guy with a popped collar trying to cut to see his abs by doing curls in the squat rack while listening to Culture Club that they forgot to change the layout of the website.[/quote]

Thanks for that, now have you ever choked on brocolli cause that just made me choke on my brocolli.

Metallica, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, more Disturbed

i usually get in to some fear factory, avenged sevenfold, sevendust, RATM, gravity kills, celldweller… mostly the heavy industrial type stuff. occasionally i’ll pop on some alice cooper, def lepard, poison, eric clapton, or eagles. sometimes i listen to language lessons, but it’s hard to concentrate on both learning and lifting at the same time.

i tried listening to classical for the focus and concentration, but that just made me tired and i dropped some weight…
for future reference, don’t do that.

Hatebreed - perserverance

sorry i messed up the last one. Hatebreed - Perserverance Grimlock - Mad Titan Throwdown - Don’t Loose Sight xDeathstarx - Suffocate Faster

Anything by A18, or TERROR, even some hatebreed or One Dead Three Wounded

I usually listen to some sort of compilation that I make that has a lot of harder stuff on it. But some that I have bought and listen to are…

The Best of Taste of Chaos disc 2 (disc 1 is the punk stuff)
Roadrunner’s United
Freddi vs Jason soundtrack

outside of those, i listen to Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, and Trivium a lot, but like i said, its mostly mixes.

And as far as cardio, I like having The Prodigy on. Something about that stuff occupies my mind while doing boring ass cardio.

I have hundreds, but some of my favorites to lift to.

One - Metallica
Creeping Death - Metallica
Fade to Black - Metallica
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Over the Mountain - Ozzy
Mr. Crowly - Ozzy
Diaries of a Madman - Ozzy
Suicide Solution - Ozzy
No Shelter - Rage
Killing in the Name - Rage
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
I shot the sheriff - Marley
Don’t fear - Blue Oyster Cult
Band on the run - McCartney
Anything by Too $hort

There’s more but I’ll stop, these are off the top of my dome.