T Nation

T-Nation iPod Library

Music that motivates The Nation . . .
Share your favorite work-out music.
What do you listen to when going for that max?
or when you’re just working out??

Let’s build-up our IPOD libraries!

Forever
Raise Your Fist
Burn
(all by Throwdown)

Doomsayer
Live For This
(both Hatebreed) hell, anything on Rise of Brutality

Speaking of this, what happened to D-tap?

OR people could just add their list to their personal stats. All of these threads go the same…500 posts with everyone posting trying to outdo how “hardcore” their musical choices are. I am beginning to seriously doubt whether some of these people even truly listen to the music they list on a regular basis.

[quote]whipp wrote:
Music that motivates The Nation . . .
Share your favorite work-out music.
What do you listen to when going for that max?
or when you’re just working out??

Let’s build-up our IPOD libraries!
[/quote]

Do you mean, you want to know what songs we listen to, or you want us to somehow share the actual files?

Sharing the actual files would be pirating and is illegal.

Looking to catch some people pirating music?

Your first post on T-Nation and you ask about music? Looks fishy.

If you just want a list of music that people listen to, there has to be about 85,784 threads already started about that here.

Do a search.

A few of my favorites…

Civil War by Guns N Roses
Rat In A Cage by the Smashing Pumpkins
Faint by Linkin Park
Lucifer by Jay-Z
Soul Survivor by Akon
For Those About to Rock by AC/DC
Crazy Train and Ironman by Ozzy
Til I Collapse by Eminem

I listen to Jessica Simpson, I lift better with a boner.

good point…probably should’ve looked into that myself before replying, my bad

Disturbed “Droppin Plates” is one I listen to on the way to the gym. I don’t wear headphones while working out though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMmnlU8agw

“Do you really want to hurt me?”
-Boy George

If you look here carefully, you may find my picture on his fan site:
http://web.swedevice.com/sistergeorge/fans/look-a-likes.asp

I dress like him when I go to the gym, and dance from machine to machine the way he does in that video.

Dont use an ipod but i usually listened to;

korn
prodigy
aphex twin
sasha
nick warren
james lavelle.

Never tried tool in the gym too serious for the gym.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OR people could just add their list to their personal stats. All of these threads go the same…500 posts with everyone posting trying to outdo how “hardcore” their musical choices are. I am beginning to seriously doubt whether some of these people even truly listen to the music they list on a regular basis.[/quote]

You’d be surprised. Some of my friends that are really into the hardcore or metal scene listen to nothing but that.

Personally, I can only enjoy a band like Dillinger, Hatebreed, etc. for so long before my brain starts to bleed. After that, I need to throw in something more mellow.

i have a new favorite…

slipknot’s 9.0 live

AWESOME cd to lift to…

umm bands i listen to while lifting

iced earth
metallica
disturbed
iron maiden
blind guardian
edguy

Nonpoint, Nonpoint, and more Nonpoint.

The Black Dahlia Murder
TOOL is good because I love there music so I get in a good zone.
Godsmack
Deftones
Prodigy
Korn

10,000 Fists is one of the best CD’s to listen to whe lifting, IMO.

Lots of good stuff out there.

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
umm bands i listen to while lifting

iced earth
metallica
disturbed
iron maiden
blind guardian
edguy
[/quote]

You are the first person I’ve ever seen that likes Iced Earth, or that has heard of them at all for that matter.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
I listen to Jessica Simpson, I lift better with a boner.[/quote]

it’s also a pretty good place to hold a few plates when doing dips and pullups!

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
umm bands i listen to while lifting

iced earth
metallica
disturbed
iron maiden
blind guardian
edguy

You are the first person I’ve ever seen that likes Iced Earth, or that has heard of them at all for that matter.

[/quote]
The only reason Ive heard of them is the fact that their drummer(Richard Christy) is on the Howard Stern show.

I have absolutely no problem listening to bands like Hatebreed all day and every day. There’s just something about the in your face speed and agression of it that I love.