T-Nation Hobbies

well, rugby is a sport for me, so I won’t classify it as a hobby.

My only real hobby is video gaming. I plan World of Warcraft too much for my own good, and take downtime from that with action games on my Xbox (Tenchu, Prince of Persia series, those kinda games). I also do webdesign for fun. Use to be big into the CCG scene, notably with Magic:The Gathering, but limited funds caused me to cancel that habit a few years ago (I did try M:TG Online for a bit, same problem with the funds).

Paintball…
Music…but I am a paid DJ…but is not my main source of income…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Besides the obvious lifting…

Hobby 1:
Taking care of my wifes needs

Hobby 2:
Playing with my kids

Hobby 3:
Rockcrawling, Alumni Football.

It used to be the other way around…3 to 1
[/quote]

You, Sir, are a Real Man.

Damn, if I can’t include lifting as a hobby, then I don’t have much of one. I play guitar some. I love to fish. And I love the outdoors. Thing is, with shift work, a two year old, and the upkeep of house and home, I don’t have much time for other personal pursuits. Don’t get me wrong, I love my boy and wife, and I love the time I’m with them, but when I have spare time, I’m usually at the gym. I don’t miss a workout and I plan my off days around it. But I do love music, and I have at least the radio on during whatever it is I’m doing. Even at work I keep a radio at my desk that stays on all 12 hours of my shift. Hmmm, I guess my hobby I have the most passion for, but not the time is fishing. I could spend everyday on the water and not care about anything else.

Outside of strength training/nutrition:

I like to read.
Mostly, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but… being a Reader, in general, my interests are not strictly limited to that genre.

I also like to game, to a certain degree…
At the present time, I am still heavily devoted to (while not in any way an “expert” on), Diablo, by Blizzard Entertainment, and Diablo II (even less the “expert” on this one… I just like the environments of each game (soundtrack/visual elements), immensely)…

I am also a little bit of a Film/DVD enthusiast…

I playing guitar, read books and listen to music. I’m into african music at the moment; Oumou Sangare, Aster Aweke etc. I like movies, too, and walk quite a lot.

Cars, Bikes…anything with an engine
Mixed Martial Arts
Pirating (downloading)
History
Movies

And Comic books hah

I don’t really have time for one. Jeeping, but I only get to go a few times a summer. Kung Fu, but I haven’t had time to go in over a year. Work, work, work.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Damn, if I can’t include lifting as a hobby, then I don’t have much of one. I play guitar some. I love to fish. And I love the outdoors. Thing is, with shift work, a two year old, and the upkeep of house and home, I don’t have much time for other personal pursuits. Don’t get me wrong, I love my boy and wife, and I love the time I’m with them, but when I have spare time, I’m usually at the gym. I don’t miss a workout and I plan my off days around it. But I do love music, and I have at least the radio on during whatever it is I’m doing. Even at work I keep a radio at my desk that stays on all 12 hours of my shift. Hmmm, I guess my hobby I have the most passion for, but not the time is fishing. I could spend everyday on the water and not care about anything else.[/quote]

Fishing is another of mine, as well. But, like yourself, I don’t seem to have much time for it these days…
I’d have to include Camping, also – pretty much in the same vein as fishing.
Love livin’ out of a tent in the woods/beach, especially in the close vicinity of a lake/ocean.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
(.) Political Philosophy
(.) Writing
(.) drawing
(.) singing
(.) slacking
(.) Latin
(.) Italian
(.) Ancient Greek
(.) T-Nation[/quote]

Damn, I’m all over the Ancient Greek, Latin and singing. I also do some Hapkido and dabble in BJJ / Wrestling.

Reading all kinds of books and essays, reading about politics, etc.

I’m big on writing, hopefully thats going to earn me some dough in the future.

I guess drinking would be a hobby, at least on the weekends.

I don’t have much else. I just try to be around as many people as I can, so I’m never stagnant anywhere. Living life…

#1 spending time with daughter and wife
#2 photography
#3 computer\video gaming - yeah, I’m an addict, LOL. Luckily, my wife enjoys this too!

My anti-fitness hobby…

I brew my own beer - got into it about a year ago.

Here’s what I spend my time on aside from work, weights, the fiance, friends, and family.

1. HomeBrewing (Just started and am having a blast)
  2. Music (Radio Show on College Radio)
  3. Sports (The only TV I watch is Sports)
  4. Books (I’m a reader when there’s no good sports on)
  5. Hiking/Camping (I like to get out)

Peace,

CR

Martial arts here…boxing, tae kwon do, Judo
I’ll read pretty much anything as long its not a Harlequin
Love road biking in the summer…or anytime its warm enough too
oh and catering to my dog’s every need

[quote]XX wrote:
Mycology[/quote]

No kidding? What grows in your region? I have seen some humongus forrages of morelle from around there, but we never get anything like that around here.
What has been your best find so far?

Flyfishing, backpacking/hiking/camping, motorcycling/cars, guns, computers, carpentry/home improvement.

I have way too many hobbies and not enough money to support them all.

Jeff

I like to shoot things. Preferably small things at long distances.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
XX wrote:
Mycology

No kidding? What grows in your region? I have seen some humongus forrages of morelle from around there, but we never get anything like that around here.
What has been your best find so far?
[/quote]

A fungophile! Yay! Best find so far–giant bear’s head on a nurse log. I’m hoping to keep harvesting it yearly.

Morel season is awesome just minutes north of here and chantrelle is also quite fine. I’m originally from the PNW, and I miss the boletes. Doesn’t seem to get “soaking wet” enough for them here.

I’m determined to try hunting in Michigan this year–I hear it’s outrageous.

What does the rain bring for you?

I’m suprised that no one has mentioned sex yet… So my hobbies, in no particular order

SEX
Sports
SEX
Reading
SEX
Wealth Management
SEX
Snowboarding/Skateboarding/Wakeboarding/Surfing
SEX
Any outdoor summer activity
Oh, did I mention SEX?