T-Nation Guitar Players' Thread

I’d get some vids posted up, but the inbuilt mic on my laptop just seems too sensitive and clips all to fuck. It’s not like I even play that loud, it’s all acoustic, fingerstyle stuff.

Any mac users encountered a similar problem? How’d you fix it? I use iMovie, if that matters.

I am NOT a very tech savvy individual so there’s probably a really obvious way to do it that I’m just not getting.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’d get some vids posted up, but the inbuilt mic on my laptop just seems too sensitive and clips all to fuck. It’s not like I even play that loud, it’s all acoustic, fingerstyle stuff.

Any mac users encountered a similar problem? How’d you fix it? I use iMovie, if that matters.

I am NOT a very tech savvy individual so there’s probably a really obvious way to do it that I’m just not getting.[/quote]

You could just take the cheap way like i did and prop your cell phone up against something to film you

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I am NOT a very tech savvy individual so there’s probably a really obvious way to do it that I’m just not getting.[/quote]

You could just take the cheap way like i did and prop your cell phone up against something to film you[/quote]

Ain’t got a phone with a camera. I’m a dying breed. Cheers though

The vids I post are recorded on a tablet, but I know that if one was inclined you could easily edit audio from an interface and daw over into a video. I know that a few others and myself have been pretty pleased with the line 6 UX1 or UX2 interfaces.

Hey Guys, haven’t been posting for a long time, but if anyone’s interested, here’s a link to a few of my songs off my upcoming release. Feel free to download and share.
www.reverbnation.com/christeffner

In regard to folk type finger picking songs is there a way to know what chords can be played to strum instead? Is it just of matter of trying chords out until it sounds good?

There are a few songs where to picking is too much for me right now and would like to strip it down to sing along to.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Heres a little compilation of some lead stuff i filmed while messing around yesterday. First time ive really played guitar seriously since April. Cut a tendon and nerve in my right hand on April 13th and havent been to the gym or played the guitar really since. Hand is finally good enough to play again, although its hard to hold a pick and play fast when you have no feeling in your index finger lol. Cant go back to the gym for another 2 weeks but at least thisll hold me over until then.

Its Unforgiven, Call of the Ktulu and Ride the Lightning followed by Bob Marley’s Waiting in Vain. Couldnt remember some of the metallica stuff so i improvised a bit, so youll have to excuse if its not note for note.

Also, ive lost 24 lbs since cutting my hand so be nice, its a tender topic for me right now. LOL[/quote]

That Marley piece at the end is sweet man. I dug up that it was done by Junior Marvin actually. Somebody needs to do a lengthier piece based on that track and explore the possibilities some more.

Another monster nobody ever heard of.

I can’t figure out this guy’s pick hand though. His thumb moves away from his finger looking like he’s not using his thumb to hold the pick.

Just finished another build.

Suped up La Cabronita style Telecaster. I call it the “La Cobra-nita”

Style based on a 1970 Gold/Black Ford Mach I Super Cobra Jet Mustang. Color is “Ford Sunlit Gold” similar to the original “Sunburst Gold”.

Custom anodized aluminum pickguard. Custom laser etched Ford Cobra into the neck plate.

Seymour Duncan JB (TB-4), Floyd Rose, maple neck, ebony fretboard, Jackpot 500k volume pot. Body has Stratocaster contours and tummy cut.

Mocked up.

Neck Plate

This is the car that it’s based off of.

http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/ford/1970-mustang-007.html

Very nice Steely!

Seeing a strat headstock on tele body already flips me out, but when it’s upside down with the machines on the bottom I’ll be walking crooked all day now.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Just finished another build.

Suped up La Cabronita style Telecaster. I call it the “La Cobra-nita”

Style based on a 1970 Gold/Black Ford Mach I Super Cobra Jet Mustang. Color is “Ford Sunlit Gold” similar to the original “Sunburst Gold”.

Custom anodized aluminum pickguard. Custom laser etched Ford Cobra into the neck plate.

Seymour Duncan JB (TB-4), Floyd Rose, maple neck, ebony fretboard, Jackpot 500k volume pot. Body has Stratocaster contours and tummy cut.[/quote]

Sweet build!
How about demoing a little boogie woogie on it for us?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
This is the car that it’s based off of.

http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/ford/1970-mustang-007.html[/quote]

Roommate in college (LATE 70S) had a Cobra Jet & said it drew a bunch of police attention - mostly to check it out and a couple asked to drive it. Sadly he had some money issues and had to get rid of it. Got out of school with a good job and its buyer wouldn’t entertain selling it back.

Sick build. I did this to an Indonesian made 20th anniversary Squier I banged off craigslist for $20. Yes, $20. Custom pickguard from Warmoth, master volume and a set of Dimarzio SD1s. Total is just under $100 at this point.

^^^That is a NICE tele!

[quote]mutantcolors wrote:
Sick build. I did this to an Indonesian made 20th anniversary Squier I banged off craigslist for $20. Yes, $20. Custom pickguard from Warmoth, master volume and a set of Dimarzio SD1s. Total is just under $100 at this point.
[/quote]
Very cool, but it looks weird with only 2 pickups LOL! Here’s Jack from Thailand tearin up a Squier. He put a humbucker at bridge. That’s weird too.