T-Nation Guitar Players' Thread

Zakk DOES beat up the strings.

That’s Cool stuff too Steely. That axe sounds great. Fat n crunchy.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
That Cool stuff too Steely. That axe sounds great. Fat n crunchy.[/quote]

Thanks, man. It’s a heavy body. Has S.Duncan Pearly Gates for pickups. Neck is ebony fretboard, so that kind of tames it, but between that and the hardtail, it sustains forever on just straight tube overdrive.

I rarely put anything in front of that Legacy. Maybe a delay, maybe a wah, maybe some compression if I’m doing clean stuff, but it’s a great successor to the X series amps.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Was attempting some George Lynch today.

Homemade strat straight through Carvin Legacy.[/quote]

Jesus Christ - fucking FINALLY!! I thought you were never going to post your playing.

Nice job!!! [/quote]

It just occurred to me that this thread is like 2.5 years old… LOL

I’ve just been busy…

[quote]treco wrote:
Talented for young age, but just give me a memorable melody…

Tired of endless 1/64 notes (sic)[/quote]

There were a few bursts of “speed” but most of it was nice fluid riffs.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[quote]treco wrote:
Talented for young age, but just give me a memorable melody…

Tired of endless 1/64 notes (sic)[/quote]

There were a few bursts of “speed” but most of it was nice fluid riffs.[/quote]
I can’t tell people what they like, but since you brought it up, I thought that girl was knockin down some awfully groovin tasty jazz myself.

[quote]theoctavist wrote:
heres my baby.

my acoustic is identical to this one(but no pickguard). it was built by Bill Bonanzinga

[/quote]

What do you do with the pedal steel. I mean I know ya play it but what?

Steel Nation – how’s the playing going?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Steel Nation – how’s the playing going?[/quote]

Still pluggin along. Frustrated that I can’t find anybody to play with at the moment. My main jam buddy got a new job and is now working all the damn time.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. She’s 14.

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:

A) Really nice tone

B) Impressive

C) Why do good chick guitarists always look bored out of their fucking minds? Did daddy make them do it?

Soooo…

Noone will?

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:

A) Really nice tone

B) Impressive

C) Why do good chick guitarists always look bored out of their fucking minds? Did daddy make them do it?[/quote]

I do my mouth like that when I play, usually lead stuff
Not sure why - it looks dufus

And Orion that was poor thread etiquette

I’ve been playing bass for a while and am now looking at my first guitar.

Its a 93’ Ibanez RG 770 with Floyd Rose. He wants 450$FRIM is that a good price? Its a in good shape and comes with a hard case.

Thanks

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I’ve been playing bass for a while and am now looking at my first guitar.

Its a 93’ Ibanez RG 770 with Floyd Rose. He wants 450$FRIM is that a good price? Its a in good shape and comes with a hard case.

Thanks[/quote]

For the price, if its in good shape, you cant beat it.

I have a 91 RG770 with a Floyd, and the original Dimarzio made pups. If you like to shred or prefer “shreddy” guitars, they’re fantastic. Very fast necks and very solid tonally as well.

For a first guitar, its going to rock.

thanks, going to pick it up today.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
thanks, going to pick it up today.

. [/quote]

Good choice. The original run 770’s are classics.

I know a lot of you guys are shredders, but I think you’ll appreciate this one. I just picked up an Alvarez AD65E, which is essentially a Gibson es 125 copy (think non-cutaway archtop with a single p90 at the neck). This guitar is absolutely perfect for the blues and folk based stuff that I have been writing of late. It’s almost as if I have finally found the guitar that I should have been playing all along, and I got it at a budget guitar price. it’s Asian made, but I am very impressed with it thus far. Anyone else ever play on archtop holllowbodies?

All instruments written, performed, recorded and mixed by me:

Me on bass, recorded live in my studio:
http://obscuredbythesun.bandcamp.com/album/fried-egg

I saw Steve Vai live for the first time yesterday as part of his “Story of Light” tour.

My god…i have never seen such a talented performer, and have never seen a guy with such a tight, incredibly skilled band.

He was incredibly charismatic, energetic, entertaining and funny, and of any concert ive ever seen, he did the best job of connecting with the audience and making it feel very “personal.”

I dont care if you like him or not, if you play an instrument or dont, or even if you like guitar music in general, theres no way someone could attend that show and not be blown away by this guy. It was the most fun ive had at a concert.

Also, its hard to believe he was actually playing everything, it was so flawless, so effortless and organic, it almost makes me want to quit playing guitar. In some of his songs like Building the Church and For the Love of God, i couldnt help but wonder if there was some studio magic there, but the guy really does it all, right in front of you, live, just like he does on the recordings. Its a performance that will stick with me for the rest of my life and i regret not seeing it sooner.

Had to get that out of my system, havent been able to talk about it yet. So fucking cool.

Time to chime in on this one. Here are my ‘babies’ that I rarely play anymore but can’t seem to part with (well, I could part with the Mexican Strat as it never really felt right - but it has a cool alien sticker!)

[photo]39465[/photo]

Here’s my Jem Universe. Yes, I killed one of the Loch Ness Greens. I was young and stupid but I had to have a 7-string (for which I rarely use) but I hated the green and I didn’t have the sense to actually order what I wanted.

[photo]39464[/photo]

As you can see it’s been modded somewhat and I plan to do a lot more to it. It had a buzzy 13th fret on the high E that I finally had dressed. Only does it rarely buzz. 10-52 D’Addarios. It wasn’t bright enough so I pulled the tone knob and replaced it with a black three-way switch to split the bridge into parallel, series humbucking and the yellow coil, I believe.

The paint job is a hack. The original paint was like armour and I probably damaged the body trying to scrape it off. It’s a speckled green on black texture paint out of a spray can. Neat texture but I think it deadens the tone even more and I never protected it with a clear coat so it’s wearing off where the strap makes contact.

Future mods will be to replace some of the aging hardware, shim the nut properly as there’s a bit of buzz I don’t like down in nut land. Going to add a Tremol-No so I can lock down the bridge when I don’t want it to float. I know, sacrilege.

Edit: I forgot to mention the others in the collection. On the left is a no-name fretless bass. Very fun to play. After the Universe and Mexi-strat is my Ovation. Don’t remember the model number - 17 something. Lastly is my Alhambra classical. Lovely sound. Very bright as I don’t do the long nails on the right hand.