T Nation

T-Nation Direction?

First of all I like what T-Nation is doing on it’s social media approach. Get Google on Google+ T-Nation.

  1. Is it me or did the theme on the top of the page change? I thought it used to say “The pursuit of hardcore muscle” or something like that?

When did it change?

  1. When did T-Nation decide that an article like todays is worthy of front page status? I don’t normally post something like this, but todays (6-12-14) article is terrible in my opinion. MAYBE, maybe do this workout once in a blue moon as an active recovery or something but it just seemed sub-par to what I expect from this site.

If I am wrong please let me know

When are they gonna make this place tablet friendly?

Its like trying to finger fuck a fat chick at times. You don’t know where the fuck your fingers are going.

you probably didn’t even want to click on this thread, and just posted because you were here. am I right?

[quote]mbdix wrote:
First of all I like what T-Nation is doing on it’s social media approach. Get Google on Google+ T-Nation.

  1. Is it me or did the theme on the top of the page change? I thought it used to say “The pursuit of hardcore muscle” or something like that?

When did it change?

  1. When did T-Nation decide that an article like todays is worthy of front page status? I don’t normally post something like this, but todays (6-12-14) article is terrible in my opinion. MAYBE, maybe do this workout once in a blue moon as an active recovery or something but it just seemed sub-par to what I expect from this site.

If I am wrong please let me know[/quote]

Agreed on today’s article. And is it me or did the dude in the vids, who I assume is the author, looked like a pudge.

Ditto on the tablet comment.

Right!? I was reading it and watched the videos and found myself getting almost angry that it was on here. I don’t mind change, but come on man

Well, I guess I wasn’t alone in what I thought about today’s article.

That being said, it seems like there really haven’t been any bodypart specific training articles for awhile.

What’s the issue with the article?

No need to freak out at one article you don’t agree with. You might like it if you gave it an opportunity.

@ChongLordUno Roll her in flour and look for the wet spot. Problem solved.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
First of all I like what T-Nation is doing on it’s social media approach. Get Google on Google+ T-Nation.

  1. Is it me or did the theme on the top of the page change? I thought it used to say “The pursuit of hardcore muscle” or something like that?

When did it change?

  1. When did T-Nation decide that an article like todays is worthy of front page status? I don’t normally post something like this, but todays (6-12-14) article is terrible in my opinion. MAYBE, maybe do this workout once in a blue moon as an active recovery or something but it just seemed sub-par to what I expect from this site.

If I am wrong please let me know[/quote]

Agreed on today’s article. And is it me or did the dude in the vids, who I assume is the author, looked like a pudge.

Ditto on the tablet comment.
[/quote]

It is the author in the videos and he has been a long time T-Nation contributor and prolific personal trainer for some time. He might look like a pudge, but his wallet is also pudgy. :slight_smile:

Unless you are paying for any of the content on this site I don’t understand the need to bring this up.

Its free info, take it or leave it.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
First of all I like what T-Nation is doing on it’s social media approach. Get Google on Google+ T-Nation.

  1. Is it me or did the theme on the top of the page change? I thought it used to say “The pursuit of hardcore muscle” or something like that?

When did it change?

  1. When did T-Nation decide that an article like todays is worthy of front page status? I don’t normally post something like this, but todays (6-12-14) article is terrible in my opinion. MAYBE, maybe do this workout once in a blue moon as an active recovery or something but it just seemed sub-par to what I expect from this site.

If I am wrong please let me know[/quote]

I’ll reiterate what Brick said. The guy in the vid has been a long time contributor to this site and has posted many good articles and knows what he is talking about. However the article did have me scratching my head wondering…am I reading Flex magazine, MuscleMag or what? But what the hey’ it’s a FREE article so we are all winners in that respect.

Changing the banner from the Pursuit of Hardcore Muscle to Building High-Performance Muscle is in line with the change that is happening in the fitness industry today. Lets be honest here, CrossFit has and is the biggest thing right now and that’s a HUGE market to tap into.

Have you noticed the CF imagery in the articles of late? We used to complain that using bodybuilders in the articles was unrealistic but TC explained his position on that, basically saying the imagery was there to inspire! Now the focus has shifted and the images have changed or are changing to cater for the new breed of up and coming weight trainer, the high performance seeker, the functional, competitive, aesthetic CFitter type.

Just look at all the new supplements, branded clothing, exercise gear, books, dvd’s, rehab innovations that have sprung forth to cater for the ensuing masses that align themselves with the CF brand. As a business you’d be a fool not to ride that wave. Times are changing fellas. I recently had this discussion with CT in the A Crossfit Apology article.

[quote]augustburnsred wrote:
Unless you are paying for any of the content on this site I don’t understand the need to bring this up.

Its free info, take it or leave it.[/quote]

Totally dude. If I ran a business or website I would want zero negative feedback on what some of my customers / readers had to say. That way I couldn’t improve.

Maybe some people love it. OP was just saying he didn’t. Regardless of free content, this site is a business and the better it delivers it’s brand and content, the better the business. Going more mainstream is probably the right idea… but I assume feedback (good or bad) is helpful to the business. They can choose to use it or not.

[quote]augustburnsred wrote:
Unless you are paying for any of the content on this site I don’t understand the need to bring this up.

Its free info, take it or leave it.[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking. Bitching about free info is bad form. Terribly, terribly bad form.

Also I liked the look of that kettlebell shoulder thing. Reckon it’d be a good way to finish a shoulder workout.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]augustburnsred wrote:
Unless you are paying for any of the content on this site I don’t understand the need to bring this up.

Its free info, take it or leave it.[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking. Bitching about free info is bad form. Terribly, terribly bad form.[/quote]

So confused by this? Why is it poor form? He’s not complaining - he’s giving his feedback and opinion. Not saying he hates the site or anything - but providing commentary on a specific article.

Do critics review network (i.e. free) TV shows?
Do you ever say, man, I hate this fucking song while listening to your favorite radio station (non-satellite)?

It’s a great site, one of my favorites. Didn’t like the article… So sorry for my poor form!?!

I’m with AA36.

Criticism is GOOD, people NEED it to improve.

Being an asshole is not good. OP wasn’t an asshole.

It’s business. Some of the articles suck and many authors have shitty physiques, but my understanding is that they provide content in exchange for PR.

This site really changed when they muzzled the Atomic Dog, kicked off all the chicks, and deleted SAMA.

I still like what they offer for the most part, but this site is a shadow of what it once was.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]augustburnsred wrote:
Unless you are paying for any of the content on this site I don’t understand the need to bring this up.

Its free info, take it or leave it.[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking. Bitching about free info is bad form. Terribly, terribly bad form.[/quote]

So confused by this? Why is it poor form? He’s not complaining - he’s giving his feedback and opinion. Not saying he hates the site or anything - but providing commentary on a specific article.

Do critics review network (i.e. free) TV shows?
Do you ever say, man, I hate this fucking song while listening to your favorite radio station (non-satellite)?

It’s a great site, one of my favorites. Didn’t like the article… So sorry for my poor form!?![/quote]

This. Re-read OP.

Feedback (all forms) matters.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
This site really changed when they muzzled the Atomic Dog, kicked off all the chicks, and deleted SAMA.

I still like what they offer for the most part, but this site is a shadow of what it once was.[/quote]

SAMA blew. A bunch of stupid discussions (except when AC and BG gave some advice) and ugly girls looking for validation.

Personally, I would like to see more interviews and articles that would be in a good magazine like “The 10 Rules of the Ancestral Athlete” “Steroids: The Birth of a Demon”, “The Bulking Diet Delusion” etc.

Training specific articles like the one mentioned in the OP have gotten boring. There is rarely something really new. Those articles seem top attract only those who are looking for a quick fix or program jumpers.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
This site really changed when they muzzled the Atomic Dog, kicked off all the chicks, and deleted SAMA.

I still like what they offer for the most part, but this site is a shadow of what it once was.[/quote]

SAMA blew. A bunch of stupid discussions (except when AC and BG gave some advice) and ugly girls looking for validation.

Personally, I would like to see more interviews and articles that would be in a good magazine like “The 10 Rules of the Ancestral Athlete” “Steroids: The Birth of a Demon”, “The Bulking Diet Delusion” etc.

Training specific articles like the one mentioned in the OP have gotten boring. There is rarely something really new. Those articles seem top attract only those who are looking for a quick fix or program jumpers.

[/quote]

Wonderful examples of recent articles I really enjoyed. I agree with you 100%. I come here for why this site is different. Not to read random training specific articles that don’t seem to fit very well here.

Not bashing a free site for fucks sake with my above comments… Quite the opposite in fact. I wouldn’t give my feedback if I didn’t value the content this website has to offer.