T-Nation Diet Tools?

Pro-a-gression’s excel sheet for Thib’s Carb cycle got me thinking. Why doesn’t T-Nation have somewhere that has programs like this, where members like us can go and plug in some numbers to get our diet set up. They have this for the Velocity Diet 3.0, why not for other diets as well?

Would anyone else be interested in seeing some other interfaces that can set up macro’s/calories for an assortment of diets? I think it would go over well and possibly bring in new people to the site because of our innovative dieting tools!

Ideas so far:
-Thib’s Carb Cycling Codex Calculator (Pro-a-gression’s if he wants to lend it)
-The Get Shredded Diet Calculator
-T-Dawg 2.0 Calculator
-The Anabolic Diet Calculator
-Keto Diet / Very Low Carb Diet Calculator
-Massive Eating Calculator

I’m sure theres much more that I haven’t thought of. If anyone else thinks this is a cool idea POST A REPLY, maybe we can start a petition of some kind to get this rolling.

Sounds great to me…I don’t like to use my brain anyway…

If I knew anything at all about excel I would try to set something up… unfortunately i am a computer dumbass

I think a lot of people would like to know some basics too.

BW * (15 to 20) = maintenance calories

but yeah; i like the idea of stuff like that.

Probably be a great idea.

You could use Google Docs and share the doc’s.

http://docs.google.com

Massive Eating Calculator:

http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm

Come on guys… lets make this happen. We can have calculators for bulking/cutting. Contest Prep Calcs and maybe even glycogen depletion calculators where you put in your lean body mass and it can tell you how many sets/reps to do. For how many days and how many carbs to eat during that time. CALCULATOR GALORE!

This would be an amazing thing!

Imagine the articles, purpose, and calculator all in one sticky.

It’d sure as shit make it easier for all of us to help out some newbs and hopefully clean up the forums a little.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
This would be an amazing thing!

Imagine the articles, purpose, and calculator all in one sticky.

It’d sure as shit make it easier for all of us to help out some newbs and hopefully clean up the forums a little. [/quote]

Exactly. PLUS, the appeal of how easy it would be for people to just use the calculators to figure out their macros would bring in all sorts of new member from all over the web. Thus, most likely making more business for Biotest.

Its a win/win.

Ok…I took the first step and put the first doc up on Google Docs.

It is the Anabolic Diet Macro-Nutrient breakdown for all 3 phases.

PM me for the username and password to log into google to access the document.

Now everyone can just add to that list.

Or was the idea to create something on T-Nation itself?

Thinking out loud again:

Along with numerous diet calculators, maybe we can have a Body Fat % calculator where you plug in skin fold measurements from a bunch of sites on your body and it’ll tell you your body fat.

I know some of these things are available else where (like Berardi’s Massive Eating Calc. and the BF calc, but having them all in one place PLUS others would be VERY appealing).

I would be a big fan of this. I had hoped they would have a template gallery also so folks could share their excel or whatever spreadsheets or programs.

I like the idea of the calculators. How many threads are started by people asking “How many calories should I be eating?”

great idea elusive

maybe you can PM LowFatMatt or TC so they see the thread, or ask in the Tech section

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I would be a big fan of this. I had hoped they would have a template gallery also so folks could share their excel or whatever spreadsheets or programs.

I like the idea of the calculators. How many threads are started by people asking “How many calories should I be eating?”

great idea elusive

maybe you can PM LowFatMatt or TC so they see the thread, or ask in the Tech section

[/quote]

Good Idea. I’m gonna PM the Mods and TC the link to this thread.

Refeed/Carb Up calculator.

This is an absolutely great idea. And you know, beyond just the calculator. There could be like a database on T-Nation as to all the nutrition information of all foods and supplements. Including glycemic load, what foods are good for what diet, etc. I know all this info is available online, etc. but it could only provide more traffic to the site and it would be convenient for us members.

I just PM’d TC and LowfatMatt suggesting this idea and my thoughts on it. Hopefully they can swing by and discuss what they think about it.

Dratner, I like that idea. G.I tables would be helpful to some people. KEEP THE IDEA’s ROLLING!

I am all for this! Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before?

I don’t know, but we thought of it now so lets make it happen!

Esk221- Good idea with the refeed calc!

The more ideas the better.

Great idea.

I agree, I also like the idea OctoberGirl mentioned about a template gallery. We’d be able to share/utilize spreadsheets or whatever to use for diet and workout planning/logging (this would be especially useful if we can’t get the programs mentioned into the site). Great idea, guys.

I found a Body Fat Caliper Calculator. It has multiple caliper styles and different ones for men and women.

What do I win?