T-Nation College Football Thread

[quote]BuckeyeGirl01 wrote:
TriGWU wrote:
Who is your team…

I suppose I don’t need to answer that. So I’ll just say…

GO BUCKEYES!!![/quote]

Right there with you.

Go Bucks!!!

We don’t have to win it all, we just have to beat Michigan!!!

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:

Chris,

The BE still has an automatic BCS berth and based on the new rules in place for retaining it when a review is up in a few years, the conference will keep the auto bid. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the BCS is dead by the time this review is up anyway. The Harris Poll will be the BCS’ indoing IMO.

Regardless, when VT was being bitched at for playing in the Sugar Bowl against FSU, the BE was a top-heavy league with a poor record OOC. While there are no dominant programs in the current BE, it’s clear that the league is far more balanced now with a lot more quality programs in the middle of the conference than there were in the lat 90’s. Now, if a program with past history of being elite and with a lot of tradition like Pitt can once again reach that level, the PR nightmare that VT faced will be significantly reduced. Of that, I’m fairly certain.
[/quote]

I hope you’re right about Pitt’s ascendency, Panther. I like Pitt, and I want to see them become the class of the new Big East.

However, I think your overall argument is specious. While there is greater quality in the middle, the top teams aren’t of the quality that Virginia Tech, Miami, and Syracuse were in the late '90s. And despite that quality, there were plenty of people in the media saying that if Virginia Tech went to a BCS bowl, it was a good argument that the Big East didn’t deserve an automatic bid. I’m afraid Pitt will suffer because there’s not an obvious in-conference rival (or two) who’s going to be just as good.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Sorry BuckeyeGirl but ever since the Terry Porter horseshit… I refuse to even call Ohio State a football team.

Clarett wasn’t even elligible to play and Terry Porter had his head up his ass when he made that call…

Yes, Canes should have had it way before OT, but that call was just terrible.

[/quote]

Let’s dial nine-wah-wah and call the wahbulance for you.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
I also want to add that Pitt’s future OOC schedule will mitigate any “who did they beat?” talk. Over the next few years, we’ve got a home-and-home series with UVA, MSU, Iowa, VT, Clemson, NC St. and a one-game (as of now) matchup with Miami. There’s word that either another Big 12 (Pitt’s had a home and home with A&M and NU recently) will fill in one of the remaining spots.[/quote]

The key to Pitt’s future as an elite team is definitely going to be that OOC schedule. They’re doing the right thing by scheduling the toughest opponents they can, and they’ve been good enough the last couple of years to knock off any of those teams. I know I’m looking at that home-and-home with Pitt as potential losses for VT (after the last couple of years, I’d be crazy not to).

Two Words:

Roll Tide!!!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
First and foremost, I am a GATOR!

However, I’m also a Florida Seminole, Nebraska Cornhusker and Oklahoma fan.[/quote]

pick one you fag

(btw, the Gators are the only acceptable team in that group)

Bastard

anybody but usc- did you see their out of conference schedule? Hawaii? give me a break.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Sorry BuckeyeGirl but ever since the Terry Porter horseshit… I refuse to even call Ohio State a football team.

Clarett wasn’t even elligible to play and Terry Porter had his head up his ass when he made that call…

[/quote]

“if that call wasnt made…”

“if clarett wasnt there…”

“if mcgahee didnt get injured…”

if my aunt had nuts, she’d be my uncle.

go bucks.

CAL fan, Go Bears!

[quote]wtagye wrote:
BuckeyeGirl01 wrote:
TriGWU wrote:
Who is your team…

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Right there with you.

Go Bucks!!!

We don’t have to win it all, we just have to beat Michigan!!![/quote]

I don’t see that happening this year bud. You have to play in the big house this time.

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
wtagye wrote:
BuckeyeGirl01 wrote:
TriGWU wrote:
Who is your team…

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Right there with you.

Go Bucks!!!

We don’t have to win it all, we just have to beat Michigan!!!

I don’t see that happening this year bud. You have to play in the big house this time.[/quote]

haha yes, unfortunately we will have a tough time getting out of the big house. strangely enough, i think purdue will win the big ten…

[quote]redfreddy wrote:
TriGWU wrote:

“if that call wasnt made…”

“if clarett wasnt there…”

“if mcgahee didnt get injured…”

if my aunt had nuts, she’d be my uncle.

go bucks.[/quote]

LOL. How many home games did you guys play that year?

You know its bad when ESPN donates an entire show to proving that the call was bogus.

It’s also sort of sad that you guys still pride yourself on a championship you didn’t win.

But I guess, besides fucking someone besides your sister, thats the best thing that happens in Ohio. Okay okay… I need to go cool off.

Texas baby!!!

Hook 'em Horns

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
It’s also sort of sad that you guys still pride yourself on a championship you didn’t win.[/quote]

A) allright, i think we’re dealing in 2 different dimensions here. your dealing in your perceptions. im dealing in the more common domain called “reality.” ohio state won the title that year. people can say what “should have” happened until they start shitting brass tacks, but it doesnt change reality.

was the call bogus? doesnt matter. questionable calls happen. prove that it was the wrong call.

B) yeah, i guess its sad people still celebrate the championship. almost as sad a still being bitter about a pass interference call from a couple of years ago.

[quote]
But I guess, besides fucking someone besides your sister, thats the best thing that happens in Ohio. Okay okay… I need to go cool off.[/quote]

Yes you guys won. I’ll admit you won. The shame is that they are proud about it and then spout off that the '02 Bucks were the best team in the nation. Thats where I start to draw the line. Its one thing for us to argue whether or not you won… that you did and is unquestionable.

The fact that people use a trophy to signify that their team was the best in the nation that year? Well that is something that can and will always be debated.

So ya… you won. Did you deserve it? No.

But whatever… new season… new year…

The one thing about the Hurricanes is that they keep showing up year after year… 19 total first round draft picks in the last 4 years. That doesn’t even include 2nd round draft pick Rolle.

Congrats on the win.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
So ya… you won. Did you deserve it? No.
[/quote]

well, i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
The one thing about the Hurricanes is that they keep showing up year after year… 19 total first round draft picks in the last 4 years. That doesn’t even include 2nd round draft pick Rolle.
[/quote]

OSU shows up year after year as well. although, I will concede that the miami players usually fare much better in the NFL.

U.S.C.

Do I need to say anything more?

Ya… where was their support for Auburn when they got dicked out of the title?