T Nation

T-Nation Coaches

Here’s a question for all you bad-ass strength coaches that are online right now:

What are you guys currently training for? Powerlifting meets? BB shows? Highland games? Getting into killer shape for the summer?

I’ll start off the fun. I just had a meet this weekend, so I’m going to take a few weeks to clean up my body and movement, then start prepping for a push-pull meet in July. I’ve never done a push-pull before, so I’m kind of excited to see what I can pull when I don’t have to squat first!

Looking forward to your answers.

Stay strong
MR

Damn that front page is changing fast! I’m bumping this to see if anyone wants to chime in.

Stay strong
MR

Just had AAPF Nationals on April 22, and I started my 12 week training cycle for AWPC Worlds on Saturday. I might do a push/pull in mid-June just to see where I stand. Plus, it’d be nice to compete at 181 and not have to worry about making weight. :slight_smile:

I was originally training for the provincial BB champs. But I am back to strength training and am planning on competing in powerlifting in november.

CT,

Any thoughts on what weight class you’ll compete in? As well, will you compete in a raw or assisted meet?

Stay strong
MR

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
I was originally training for the provincial BB champs. But I am back to strength training and am planning on competing in powerlifting in november.[/quote]

[quote]Mike Robertson wrote:
CT,

Any thoughts on what weight class you’ll compete in? As well, will you compete in a raw or assisted meet?

Stay strong
MR

[/quote]

Most likely in the 220 class. I could sneak in the 198, but that would mean 4-6 weeks of severe dieting and possibly dehydration and diuretics … the exact reasons why I quit bodybuilding!

I’m at 210lbs right now and I’m planning on moving up to 220, possibly 230. So dropping back down to 198 would be hell. I’m not gonna break any world record this year, so It really doesn’t matter much to me which class I compete in.

I will compete in a competition that allows lifting gear… there isn’t a “raw” federation in Quebec.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

I will compete in a competition that allows lifting gear… there isn’t a “raw” federation in Quebec.

[/quote]

BTW, I’ll use either a Metal IPF bench shirt or an Inzer denim shirt (I have both, it’s just a matter of finding which one works best for me) and an INZER single ply squat suit.

CT,

Do you pull conventional or sumo?

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
CT,

Do you pull conventional or sumo? [/quote]

Honestly, I suck at both! But I’ll pull conventional in which my results are slightly less laughable than with the sumo style … probably due to my olympic lifting days.

CT, same question to you as to DJ in the Over-35 forum:
Dip preference: Power Rings or traditional weighted dips (trying to make my next purchasing decision). Goal is strength, mass is secondary.

Matthew

[quote]Matthew9v9 wrote:
CT, same question to you as to DJ in the Over-35 forum:
Dip preference: Power Rings or traditional weighted dips (trying to make my next purchasing decision). Goal is strength, mass is secondary.

Matthew[/quote]

I’ve never used the power rings, but they are definitly on my “to buy” list.

Just a quick question…

I am currently performing 2 a day trainings and was wondering about how to schedule my nutrition. My first workout is in the early morning and the second is at about 6pm. My problem is i’m not really sure how to arrange my post workout nutrition after my second workout as I would be eating a boatload of food before bed and just feel like crap.

What would you recommend?

What do you think of using a 1/5 Wave during an intensification block?

With the season winding down at school and the athletes taking off for the summer, some of us here in the deep south are looking for PL meets just before school starts up again.

Coaching at a SMALL D-1 school is nice, but the lack of funding puts alot of teams on each of us, there are only 3 on staff, so during the year the idea of teams and training for a meet gets to be a little too much.

Right now i am coming off of a PR squat in the gym, and am amped up to get back after having knee surgery last January.

GO TROJANS!

[quote]Gregatron wrote:
Just a quick question…

I am currently performing 2 a day trainings and was wondering about how to schedule my nutrition. My first workout is in the early morning and the second is at about 6pm. My problem is i’m not really sure how to arrange my post workout nutrition after my second workout as I would be eating a boatload of food before bed and just feel like crap.

What would you recommend?[/quote]

I would recommend eating the boatload of food just before bed. Perhaps make more calorically-dense choices so that you don’t feel so full. Personally, I have no problem sleeping on a full stomach.