14 Texas Bobcats ---------------39-50-7
15 T-Ball ----------------------35-49-12
16 Boonville What! -------------33-51-12
17 Tecumseh Tornados -----------33-55-8
18 P&W Screaming Eagles --------32-58-6
19 The Bowlturners -------------27-55-14
20 Jon’s Jehovahs -------------27-56-13

Rainjack,

Quick question: Will the winner of this league be determined by the regular season champ, or by the playoff champion (a la World Series)? I didn’t think to ask at the start of things.

The way the league is set up is for there to be a tourney/playoff at the end of the regular season.

The regular season for our league ends a little earlier than the real season. Then there will be a playoff system in which the top teams get a bye.

It’s up to you guys, but I think we should crown the series champion as the league champion.

That works for me, just wanted it clarified before the “I won the regular season, where’s my prize?” arguement at the end of the year.
The other leagues that I am in crown the playoff champ as the winner, so that’s best for me, too.

Im from Sweden so i will not say that i understand baseball to the fullest, but i have lived in USA and i have seen a couple of games. Baseball is in my opinion the most boring sport on the face of the planet. With names like "The big Unit" and "A-Rod", the "gaybells" are ringing in my ears. But as i said im from Sweden where the national sport is football or soccer as you guys call it, and i must say it`s up there with baseball. By the way, why is football called football in the US, when there is hardly any kicking ??

Yo slimjim, there’s a trade on the board for ya. :wink:

[quote]Philslang wrote:
Im from Sweden so i will not say that i understand baseball to the fullest, but i have lived in USA and i have seen a couple of games. Baseball is in my opinion the most boring sport on the face of the planet. With names like "The big Unit" and "A-Rod", the "gaybells" are ringing in my ears. But as i said im from Sweden where the national sport is football or soccer as you guys call it, and i must say it`s up there with baseball. By the way, why is football called football in the US, when there is hardly any kicking ??

[/quote]

And that added to the discussion how…? Now, I’m a soccer fan, but if you are calling baseball boring, you are on the verge of chucking them stones in quite the glass house. Go enjoy your socialized medicine and leave us the hell alone.

Kuz

I’m selling the Big Hurt cheap. Anyone want him?

By the way - if you look closely - I am in 2nd place. That, in spite of the fact that I had the worst batting week ever and I accidently left Clemens on the bench for his Friday start against the Cubs.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Philslang wrote:

And that added to the discussion how…? Now, I’m a soccer fan, but if you are calling baseball boring, you are on the verge of chucking them stones in quite the glass house. Go enjoy your socialized medicine and leave us the hell alone.

Kuz[/quote]

Sensitive!!
Enjoy your socialized medicine and leave me the hell alone.

Kisses

[quote]Philslang wrote:
Kuz wrote:
Philslang wrote:

Kuz

Sensitive!!
Enjoy your socialized medicine and leave me the hell alone.

Kisses
[/quote]

LOL Just messing with ya, dude. It’s all good.

Philslang, you penis face, perhaps you should come back out of your Swedish cave when the T-Nation fantasy World Cup Soccer league starts. In the meantime, send some bikini models.

In the baseball world, the Mets fucking suck and all of their suck asses are polluting my fantasy team. However, things are looking better. If it weren’t for Joe W. and his gifts, aka Encarnacion and Alou, I would really be hurting, like Bowlturners hurting. Oh wait, that’s you, isn’t it Joe?

Do I get an award for the best trade(s). I mean, seriously, Encarnacion for Wade Miller. No, wait, it gets better; Troy Glaus for Xavier Nady and Biller Mueller. Ha ha ha.

[quote]boonville410 wrote:
In the baseball world, the Mets fucking suck and all of their suck asses are polluting my fantasy team. However, things are looking better. If it weren’t for Joe W. and his gifts, aka Encarnacion and Alou, I would really be hurting, like Bowlturners hurting. Oh wait, that’s you, isn’t it Joe?

Do I get an award for the best trade(s). I mean, seriously, Encarnacion for Wade Miller. No, wait, it gets better; Troy Glaus for Xavier Nady and Biller Mueller. Ha ha ha.[/quote]

yeah yeah.
I can’t quite believe that both those players–specially fucking alou–became great after I cut them loose.
Wade Miller will come back and be a stud in the second half though.
Shit, I’m just shocked you still have both those players. How many roster moves have you made?
And don’t blame me for the Glaus trade, that was some other poor bastard.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:

Shit, I’m just shocked you still have both those players. How many roster moves have you made?
[/quote]

22 - and they’re not “roster moves,” they’re fine tunes, tweaks if you will. And you thought I was just dropping and adding haphazardly.

Anybody want to ‘tweak’ their line up with Thomas?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Anybody want to ‘tweak’ their line up with Thomas?[/quote]

yeah, and I’ll take Nomar too while we’re at it. I’ll take Thomas if you’ll take Tomorrow Ohka.

Joe Weider wrote:

22 - and they’re not “roster moves,” they’re fine tunes, tweaks if you will. And you thought I was just dropping and adding haphazardly.
[/quote]

aren’t you still down in the cellar with me?
Hey–just don’t tweak out down here, kay?

Philslang, you penis face, perhaps you should come back out of your Swedish cave when the T-Nation fantasy World Cup Soccer league starts. In the meantime, send some bikini models.[/quote]

Ok boys, check out this swedish dish !
www.ritaruff.com

[quote]Philslang wrote:

[/quote]

To give Europe the finger probably…cause we all hate soccer…Go Red Sox.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:

aren’t you still down in the cellar with me?
Hey–just don’t tweak out down here, kay?[/quote]

Got it, no tweaking in the cellar; just don’t touch me, it’s dark and cold : )

The ass whooping has already begun for this week. Boo yah Grandma!

Me writing = my team sucking; therefore, I shall not post for the rest of the baseball season.

Good luck and God bless, Shalom, Adios, Bon Voyage, Au Revoir and all that good foreign stuff.