T-Nation Baseball: Week 2

Here’s to hoping those excuses for professional hitters on my squad actually show up this week.

I find the actual scoring interesting. I guess I was thinking it would be results of 1 W and 0 L for some teams and O W and 1 L for others, but they actually go across all statistics. I think I might like that better because it sort of rewards you for having a huge week in comparison to your competition (as opposed to squeaking out a 1 point win and being on par with someone who hammered his opponent).

Since I do not have access to fantasy baseball from work (argh), did the NY Knights vs. Bowlturners game end up a shutout? It was looking mighty brutal yesterday.

Kuz

• Return with honor (and for the love of God, some hitting!!!)

It wasn’t even close. 20-0-4.

Poor, poor JW. Sucks to be him right now.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Poor, poor JW. Sucks to be him right now.[/quote]

No kidding. Between that and his utter confusion over muscular Scots in his avatars, I am getting worried for him.

Kuz

Yeah, I started off strong, but in the end just squeaked by.

Overall, my guys were decent, but I have a feeling they’ll really get going.

Here’s to hoping Bonds comes back sooner than later!

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Poor, poor JW. Sucks to be him right now.[/quote]

yeah yeah yeah…get it out of your system.
I’ve got good pitchers and good hitters…it can’t be like this all the time.
I hope. God I fuckin hope.

In the meantime…screw off, all of ya!

;0

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
rainjack wrote:

;0[/quote]

My goal here is to somehow get the score repeated in every post for this week. I’m sure you guys will be able to help with that.

oh, and this. This! The Red Sox–my team, are beating the hell out of Mike Mussina–my stud pitcher.
Great. Just great.
The lord giveth, and he sticketh you in the ass.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
rainjack wrote:

;0[/quote]

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:

My goal here is to somehow get the score repeated in every post for this week. I’m sure you guys will be able to help with that.
[/quote]

It’s a LONG season.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
rainjack wrote:

No kidding. Between that and his utter confusion over muscular Scots in his avatars, I am getting worried for him.

Kuz[/quote]

now how did I ever miss this?

For the love of god…(head hitting desk…)…

:wink:

[quote]boonville410 wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:

It’s a LONG season.[/quote]

Too true… and believe me, rainjack, I am going to look up the week I am playing you again and circle that on the calendar. Damn Panhandle hillbilly. lol (As you can see, I take defeat very gracefully)

Kuz

• Return with honor (now if I can just work on accepting defeat with honor, I will be golden)

What the hell is up with your choice of avatar, JW?

Yeah, my team took a massive dump over the weekend – I went from a fairly good lead to getting my clock cleaned in two days. Ugh.

We should have a strength of schedule ranking as well…otherwise I want to pad my ranking by playing the Bowlturners every other week.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
What the hell is up with your choice of avatar, JW?[/quote]

Is this new one better??

[quote]slimjim wrote:
We should have a strength of schedule ranking as well…otherwise I want to pad my ranking by playing the Bowlturners every other week.[/quote]

(whistling…walking away…grinding teeth…)

[quote]SicTorn wrote:

LOL! See, I was not the only one to wonder. Thank you, SicTorn. He explained it over on that PAINFUL Al Shades thread. It’s something from Braveheart. I kept looking at it thinking, “Why does he have an avatar of Grizzly Adams holding a human skull?”

Kuz

[quote]SicTorn wrote:

I think JW is working on a new worship thread for SicTorn…

I can’t wait to play the bowl-meister. Is 24-0 the worst you can lose? I guess the mercy rule isn’t in effect.

It’s you and I, Lawyer Man.

If you’re gonna play like a girl, you might as well look like one, too.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
What the hell is up with your choice of avatar, JW?

LOL! See, I was not the only one to wonder. Thank you, SicTorn. He explained it over on that PAINFUL Al Shades thread. It’s something from Braveheart. I kept looking at it thinking, “Why does he have an avatar of Grizzly Adams holding a human skull?”

Kuz[/quote]

you know, I kind of like that image, actually.
Had you even noticed I’d changed it since then?
BTW, you forgot to mention I lost the first week of baseball by something like 20-0.