T. Morrisson, MMA X-Factor..Not!

[quote]Nothingface wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Nothingface wrote:
Morrisson won by knockout in the first round, but here’s the catch… 1 hour before the fight they changed the rules to no ground fighting, no knees, and no kicking. Basically, a boxing match with 4 ounce gloves. This proves nothing if he starts running his mouth about MMA fighters.

So what was he trying to prove?

He has been running his mouth about boxers being tougher than MMA fighters, blah, blah, blah. He originally signed this fight as his first MMA fight, and he has said he wanted to prove that even an average boxer can beat MMA fighters. Then he he gets it changed to a boxing match at the last minute.

The other guy is an MMA fighter, so I don’t think he pushed for the change in rules. Maybe you should know the story before making stupid comments. Try to keep up.

[/quote]

maybe you should pay more attention. i know he has been running his mouth about mma and that he changed the fight to a boxing match.

the question was more sarcastic in nature at the ludicrousness of the scenario than it was asking you for a recap.

try to think and apply aspects of conversations where necessary.

Not only was it a glorified boxing match, with no elbows, knees, ground fighting, slaming et cetera.

Morrison obviously isn’t out to prove anything ability wise, fighting 340 (obese) John Stover who obviously has very little stand up skills and his on again off again HIV issues I find morally abhorrent (in terms of him willing to fight and expose himself to others for a paycheck). Getting in a cage with an HIV infected guy and trading blood, not exactly smart, Stover may be a “nice guy” but nice to the point of self abuse and agreeing to those disgraceful rules, I guess he wanted some “cheddah” - Rampage?

I actually don’t mind the Mercer vs. Kimbo fight, and as Shawn Tompkins has said Kimbo is taking MMA very seriously. Mercer had a brutal knockout of Morrison look it up on youtube.