T Nation

T-men/vixens for prohormones

Fellow T-Men/Vixens, there are couple of threads going on regarding the de-legalization of prohormones. Mark posted an excellent letter, we can send to our congressmen. I took the liberty of making some changes in the letter that Bill & others members suggested, I think those are some strong points for presenting our case. Please email these letters as often and as soon as possible, also I have been asking friends, and family to send these emails out, as there is strength in numbers. Also make sure that you include a big, bold subject heading "VOTE NO on H.R. 5564" in your email. BTW feel free to correct my mistakes, give suggestions. peace.....
I would like to take this opportunity to respectfully request your immediate intervention to prevent the Federal Government from imposing an unnecessary ban on safe and widely used dietary supplements called prohormones. Please vote against H.R. 5564 because this bill will jeopardize my legal rights to purchase prohormones under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, which was overwhelmingly supported by the American people in 1994.There is no legitimate reason to ban prohormones because they have an exceptional safety record, has no potential serious side effects, and millions of adults around the world have used them to improve their health and conditioning.

My biggest concern about the passage of this bill is increased funding for terrorism. Banning these natural safe supplements will cause a sharp increase in the usage of illegal anabolic steroids, which in turn would divert tens of millions of dollars from American companies to drug dealers and cartels, and it has been determined that drug money goes to support terrorism.
An irrational ban on prohormones would also have devastating financial consequences for the entire dietary supplement industry. H.R. 5564 will cause many supplement manufacturers to close their businesses under Title 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, and will increase the unemployment rate. Moreover, decreased revenues will cripple thousands of distributors and health food stores at a time when there is already significant economic hardship.

The government should not ban supplements with excellent safety record because of inaccurate and sensational media reports lacking credible scientific evidence and do nothing more than misinform the public. As an adult consumer of prohormones, I believe in personal responsibility and serve as proof that the supplement does not promote any serious side effects whatsoever when used as directed. As a taxpayer, registered voter, and constituent, please protect my consumer right to purchase natural dietary supplements such as prohormones over-the-counter in accordance with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, and do not permit the Federal Government to disregard my civil liberties and the will of the American people by imposing a ban on its manufacture, distribution, and sale in the United States.
Sincerely Yours,