T Nation

T-Man Remedies

Hey guys. I got sick yesterday and have been drinking lots of tea and taking some pill ever since.

The worst part is that every time I swallow, even saliva, the right side of my throat feels intense pain. The part under my ear is inflamed and there’s a lump in my throat. The fever went away and I feel pretty normal, but it still hurts a lot to swallow.

Does anybody have any remedies or anything to help me get better.
Thanks

**This can double as a thread for cool remedies for various things that most don’t know of.

You might need to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics if you got mono. Other then that, go to the store and buy some vicks throat relief spray and stick it out. If you start getting headaches and your temp rises, you might have an infection. Cant hurt to hit the dr’s office.

My temperature is down, but the throat pain won’t go away. It only hurts to swallow and when I talk.

Throat Coat tea is fabulous.

You can always try gargling salt water. Although I don’t know how well that would deal to your described symptoms, but it works for me with sore/strep throat. If you get a cold in your nasal area you can also inhale the salt water, too.

When I get a cold, I’ll usually pick up a pack of Cold FX. Those are awesome.

Swallow a big dick. Coat the affected area in thick gooey man-seed. This will soothe the irritation.

Apparently Mak has used this technique with great success. He swears by it.

For those who make a living with their voice, ‘slippery elm’ is an herbal supplement that soothes the throat so that one can perform when sick.

Perform as in act/sing. Not perform as… whatever vicomte and mak do.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Swallow a big dick. Coat the affected area in thick gooey man-seed. This will soothe the irritation.

Apparently Mak has used this technique with great success. He swears by it.[/quote]

Spry’s Tip 1:

Don’t use a condom. Semen prevents depression in women.

Spry’s Tip 2:
If its wet. Its not a fart.

Spray your throat like mad with chloraseptic.

[quote]Otep wrote:
For those who make a living with their voice, ‘slippery elm’ is an herbal supplement that soothes the throat so that one can perform when sick.

Perform as in act/sing. Not perform as… whatever vicomte and mak do.[/quote]

Lawl

Edit: As for the remedy… Heat up some wine on a stove. Toss in garlic, raw honey, cinnamon… Don’t know if it’s a mental thing, but helps me.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Otep wrote:

Lawl

Edit: As for the remedy… Heat up some wine on a stove. Toss in garlic, raw honey, cinnamon… Don’t know if it’s a mental thing, but helps me.[/quote]

Where in the hell did you come up with this? haha.

And Otep, that was pretty fucking hilarious.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Perform as in act/sing. Not perform as… whatever vicomte and mak do.[/quote]

It’s still art, I tells ya!

4 Vicodin tablets and 5 Ibuprofen and it still kills…

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
G87 wrote:
Otep wrote:

Lawl

Edit: As for the remedy… Heat up some wine on a stove. Toss in garlic, raw honey, cinnamon… Don’t know if it’s a mental thing, but helps me.

Where in the hell did you come up with this? haha.

And Otep, that was pretty fucking hilarious.[/quote]

Passed down from my ex-housemate’s mom… I remember I added all kinds of spices and weird shit I thought my help to it, too. Ginger, chili, black pepper, etc.

Actually, I used to get sick a lot in the past but have been feeling great for the past 9 months. Incidentally, that’s how long I’ve been on ZMA. Artem, have you tried ZMA? That might help if you get sick often.

Also, judging by your name, you might be from the ex-USSR, at least originally? If you can get your hands on some gorilka/perzovka, some old folks swear by it. (For the uninitiated, it’s an amber-color liquor, kind of like vodka with a spicy pepper/honey infusion)

I woke up this morning and had a banana, which is one of the few things I can manage to swallow, around 10:05.

I took my bi-daily antibiotic pill at 10:10 with a cup of tea.

I took 2 Vicodin at 10:20 with a cup of tea.

I had another cup of tea.

I took 3 Ibuprofen at 10:50 with a cup of tea and threw up everything in my stomach.

How long would it take that antibiotic pill to be absorbed? What should I do? You can’t miss one pill in the antibiotic cycle or it’s ruined. Do you think it got absorbed in those 40 minutes?

Fill a cooking pot with water, throw in some fresh sage leaves, and heat it until the water boils. Put a lid on the pot and let it sit for about 5 minutes.

Fish out the sage leaves, drink the water with some lemon juice and honey. Sip it slowly. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Usually, about 3 cups do the trick for me if I have a sore throat. Rarely, I need to repeat it the next day, usually it’s completely gone.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

^
I’ve been doing that since yesterday and it seems to be helping. I feel better than yesterday.

The doctor said that I shouldn’t be contagious within 24 hours of taking the antibiotics. Does this mean completely not contagious or just that it’s safe to breathe the same air as me? If I started taking the antibiotics Thursday night, would it be OK to see my girlfriend Saturday night and not get her sick?

Damn, any time I eat something, I throw up within 10 minutes of eating it. I had only a few spoon fulls of soup and threw up just now.

I think the antibiotics killed all the digestive bacteria in my stomach. I haven’t eaten properly in 2 days. What do I do? I somehow haven’t lost weight, but this is going to set me back majorly. I don’t see how my body can recover without any energy from food.

Any ideas please?

[quote]Artem wrote:
^
I’ve been doing that since yesterday and it seems to be helping. I feel better than yesterday.

The doctor said that I shouldn’t be contagious within 24 hours of taking the antibiotics. Does this mean completely not contagious or just that it’s safe to breathe the same air as me?

If I started taking the antibiotics Thursday night, would it be OK to see my girlfriend Saturday night and not get her sick?

[/quote]