T-man food of the Week!

I Went shopping and came across a Whole Low carb/Low-fat/High Fiber Tortilla.

Info: (Large size)
Serving size: 1
Serving per container: 8
Cost: $3.50

Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated: 2g
Sodium: 300mg
Total Carbs: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 14g
sugars: 1g
Protien: 8g

2 tortillas and you get 28g of Fiber!!

Rolled one with some Tuna and lettuce, (after heating in the microwave) sprinkled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Taste was kind of dry, but consistant with a tortilla. I used water to wash this down.
The only bad thing: it is made with soy bean flower, but according to this weeks readers’ mail, it shouldn’t be too bad.

If wanting more info, check out their website : Latortillafactory.com

FYI: Just practicing for T-jack Review.

Neat find, but the T-Man Food of the Week, EVERY week is red meat.

yeah ive heard about these in the past. havent got any though.

Thunder beat me to it.

BEEF, yeah babee.

They also make a smaller one, for the less carbo inclined, that’s 1.5 g fat, 5g protein, 11g carb w/ 8g fiber.

MOOSE!!!Baby!

10000 wolves can’t be wrong.

Billy

MMmmmm ostrich jerkey.

Check the label; I’ll guarantee that they’re loaded with soy.

Beef on sale, me likes! Now if we could be hit with a mad Biotest store scare… :wink:

Eric they have 5 grams of protein per tortilla and the ingredients are Whole Wheat Flour, Oat Fiber and then Soy Bean Flour in that order. Not to bad.

They come in a couple of flavors and are a good source of fiber.

the only bad thing about the tortilla is they are probably mildly inflammatory. but i agree, these don’t seem to be too bad.

i prefer venison myself. but if you guys want some serious meat, go to texasgrassfedbeef’s website and order the grass fed cow meat.

When you start getting tired of eating the same ole things . . .

The LaTortilla tortillas are fabulous! Check out their web site for some great LC recipes, too!

LaTortilla is one of my secret weapons. So are the Walden Farms dressings. Each 2T serving is 0 calories, 0 Fat, 0 Carb, 0 Protein. They even have some out of this world BBQ sauce and shrimp cocktail sauce.