T Nation

T-mag Update

New T-mag Now Online!

Issue #251 Here!

“Running Man” by Christian Thibaudeau

“Protein Prejudice” by John Berardi

Shaved Swedish Babes in Hot Lesbo Action!
(Whoops, wrong website. Sorry.)

“Heavy Metal” by Ian King

“Your Doctor, Your Dealer, Version 2.0” by Doug Kalman

Atomic Dog by TC: Letters From Hell

Reader Mail

Biotest News: Hot-Rox is Here!

Thanks for the update. I sort of forgot about HIIT for months (More like wussied out of it), and tried it again today. I had a pump in my legs right afterwards, and now they’re sore. :slight_smile:

Hey perfect, I was going to start a thread to ask this question about “Running Man” by Christian Thibaudeau and the section about “Losing Fat”.

In the past I’ve always used a version of what he calls “IBUR” but recently went to the Interval Running for like the last four weeks. Now, unless I’ve all the sudden started eating in my sleep, I sure as hell wasn’t losing any fat although my cardio system was sure gett’n a frigg’n work out with doing it 6 days/week. But what the F has been going on? Anyone know?

In the past I’ve always had my wife trying to sell me the 70% MAX HR line and I would brush her off thinking “No way, the HIIT will surely burn more in the long run”. So, then I printed out all of Berardi’s articles and started go’n to school and decided to take is opinion but at 70 % MHR, I’m doing like 4.5 on a tread mill and hardly breaking a sweat. Boy, talk about emasculating!!

My point is, was there actually any merit when this funny look’n old bow-legged guy who once told me that after a certain level of high intensity the body starts to go into flight mode and starts to conserve energy. Could I possibly being doing this with 20 Min of HIIT?(Fast walk/Sprints @ 1:1, 2:1 & 3:1) I find it hard to imagine that afterwords I wasn’t burning more fat than ketogenic freek.