T Nation

T Levels Too High?

@KSman

Hi, below is our previous thread from April 30. I have been on the following protocol for the past 4 month:

100 mg Test Cypionate twice a week
500 IU HCG EAD
Anastrozole 1mg twice a week
B12 every 2 weeks

Yesterday I got my lab work, the doctor said everything looks great! I should continue on the same protocol. However, looking at the numbers I don’t think things are quite where they should be… After working out I have sore nipples. My sex drive is 0. I attached my lab work. I appreciate your feedback! Thanks a million!

miami305Apr 30
Ksman, great great info!!! I am 52, my doctor put me on a 3 month TRT together with Phentermine. I am 6 weeks in. I was prescribed HCG for fat loss support 500 IU ED, for the past week. Energy wise I feel fine, but probably because of the Phentermine? After reading your posts I probably have been taken way to much Anastrozole? If I work out I don’t seem the have much stamina.

Here is my current protocol for the past 6 weeks:

200 mg Test Cypionate weekly
HCG 500 Units ED for the past week
Anastrozole 1mg ED
B12 Every 2 weeks

After reading your postings I should probably make some changes to my protocol to get the most benefits. Please, let me know what you think?

100 mg Test Cypionate twice a week
500 IU HCG EAD
Anastrozole 1mg twice a week
B12 every 2 weeks

I appreciate your input, thanks in advance!

KSmanApr 30
I am glad to help.

Please create your own thread/topic for your case copy this info there so we are not working your case inside this sticky.

Your proposed protocol is good but only 1/2mg anastrozole at time if injections. [1mg ED was horrible. Stop for 5-6 days then resume at new dose.

Donate blood if you can to reduce RBC, HTC, hemoglobin.
Your high T is causing this problem, reduce T levels.
Take 1 mini Aspirin per day, probably can find coated. Fish oil also helpful.
Do not get dehydrated and keep hydrated for fasting lab work.
Headaches?
Hear blood pulsing in your ears?
Thick blood can hard vascular organs, including brain.
Note changes in how you feel after blood donation.
Anything notable re pulse and BP?

Your high hCG dosing was responsible for your high E2 and needing so much anastrozole. There really is no reason for more that 250iu hCG subq EOD.

Change in hCG dose and/or change of T dose takes you back to square one with anastrozole needs.

So back to your labs:
E2=29, not far off of the E2=22pg/ml. You could increase anastrozole dose by a factor of 29/22. That dose may require making a solution in vodka and dispensing by volume. Or reduce hCG and save some money and see where E2 goes.

Do not let cholesterol go lower, 180 is better.

Do not test GH - stupid! Test IGF-1 that is a better measure of GH than GH itself.

SHBG make decrease slowly.

B-12 in multi-dose vials? You can co-inject with your hCG.

TSH=1.95 is a problem, should be closer to 1.0
This probably a factor re libido.
What is your history of using iodized salt?
Evaluate overall thyroid function via last paragraph below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thanks for the fast reply! I asked my doctor if I should donate blood yesterday, oh no, not necessary was the respond… I will donate blood tomorrow. My Testosteron Serum in March (last lab work) was 279. Would it be helpful to post the lab results from March?

Going to take a baby aspirin a day. I already take fish oil supplement and keep well hydrated. I noticed when I do cardio that my hart rate is going up pretty fast, I don’t go over my maximum hart rate while doing cardio. I don’t hear blood pulsing in my ears. Resting Pulse is 78, BP is 120 / 80. I am physically in good shape, working out 5 times a week for the past 4 month and lost 35 pounds, 15% body fat.

I took 1 mg Anastrozole with each T Injection twice a week. I will reduce HCG to 250 EAD and also lowering my T Injection from 100 mg twice a week to 70 mg twice a week. U think half a pill of Anastrozole would then be sufficient?

Ok, going to get IGF-1 testing, any other labs I should run?

I have been injecting B-12 in multi dose Vials each week, u recommend EAD?

TSH is now 1.950 in March is was 1.310 … I haven’t used much salt period. But take a iodine supplement Kelp 225 mcg, daily.

Going to check body temp, the past couple of month I have been feeling cold easily, especially cold hand and feet.

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

EAD = EOD = every Other day?

B-12 at time if hCG in the same syringe should be easy.

You may need closer to 1.5mg/week with 140mg T per week. Try 0.5mg anastrozole 3x per week as 0.7mg is not possible unless you make up a solution in vodka and dispense by volume. You could also do everything 3x per week but that is another T syringe to load and inject. There are options. You are faced with dosing that will be very confusing.

wow that’s super high, I’m surprised RBC, HTC, Hemoglobin isn’t worse on that test

Yes! I meant EOD. Good Idea! HCG with B12 in the same syringe! What is a better option? Inject HCG intramuscular with B12 or subcutaneous?

I think I stick with 2 injection days per week. Monday morning and Thursday evening.
I inject T in my shoulder (Deltoid) with an insulin syringe, that’s ok?

Making a solution to take Anastrozole is probably the most accurate dosing, since splitting the tables never results in a 100% even split.

Before starting TRT my Estradiol was 14.0, now it basically doubled.

Here are my Thyroid labs from March, don’t know why the Dr didn’t include them in the current lab work!

TSH 1.130
T4, free (Direct) 1.18

Should I ask for more lab work?

I noticed that Alkaline Phosphatase was very low, in March it was 23, now 29, is that any reason for concern?

Update on Protocol and Labwork:

Protocol since July 01:

Twice a week 80 mg Testosterone together with 250 units HCG and 1/2 Anastrozole.

New Labwork:

Testosterone Total 1045
Free Testosterone 29
Estradiol 20.5

Would appreciate your input.